In this Discussion

OK Go/ The Fray summer tour!!

Comments

• Pfft, LA shows. dry.gif Where are the AZ shows?
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 1 2007, 09:08 AM)
    as Mixed Tape pointed out in another thread, they already have 6 billion CA shows!

They're sooo deprived.
  • Does this mean I can POSSIBLY see them when I come home this summer in MICHIGAN?!?!

Oh my goodness.

DTE sucks. The Fray suck for the most part . . .

Why can't they play at the Blind Pig in Ann Arbor now? I'm 18 . . . it's in Ann Arbor . . . good time for all.

I need a nap.
  • I am really, really upset. The Tweeter Center must be the most insipid establishment in the history of performance. So, there were 2 presales, one of which I knew the password from this forum and the other I managed to guess (it was just a word in the fray's album title). And so I've been checking both presales for the past 5 days, but I kept getting bad seats. What happened to all the pit tickets? It turns out the Tweeter Center had been holding them. When they finally released them yesterday, obviously I didn't know and neither did all the other fans trying to get them. But the scalpers did, cuz of course the scalpers are on 24/7, so as soon as the Tweeter Center released them, the scalpers bought them. And now they're selling them for 200 to 300 dollars on ebay.
    Well, I just can't afford that and I'm sure most fans can't either.

And just to add insult to injury, everything but open air/on the lawn is sold out. And yeah, the sale isn't even open to the public yet. The presale sold it out. And mind you, this is for a JUNE 23 show.

But whatever- it's the Tweeter Center that lost enormous profit to the scalpers.
    Oh, well. I'll just have to wait till Ok Go finishes their next album to see them in Boston.

But beware of the scalpers, everyone.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 1 2007, 05:54 PM)
    Pfft, LA shows. dry.gif Where are the AZ shows?

and AR shows? I know Little Rock isn't the best place in the world to play, but with so many people under my influence, you should have a nice large audience! And I'll be there in front screaming and having a jolly ol' time.
  • ugh, I just bought tickets. Almost $500 total. My mother is going to kill me.
    I'm technically not allowed to use my card to buy anything online, so she'll doubly kill me. And she cut off my paypal account that she gave me before with a card she bought for online shopping (she cut the card too).
    When she finds out what I did, I am going to be in soooo much trouble.
    And I don't even know if I have $500 in there in the first place.

But today the presale ended and the public sale began so I decided to try my luck.
    I got section 1 row N, which is not that good, but I guess as good as I can possibly get (I couldn't get pit tickets, sold out). I could only get 2 of those, though. So the other 4 I bought had to be waaaay in the back near the lawn.
    I got 6 cuz me, my sister who loves Ok Go, my other sister who loves the Fray, my other sister's friend, my mom, and a friend for my mom so my mom won't be screaming at me the whole time.
    So my plan is, when Ok Go is on, my sister who loves Ok Go and I will in section 1 and then when the Fray is on, my sister who loves the Fray and her friend will switch with us.

The Tweeter Center added all these extra convenience charges and then they added 2 big parking charges, and I didn't even notice until I had already paid.

I better get straight A's by June or my mother is going to be wicked mad. And I work at a lab for minimum wage and I only work once a week for like 2 hours- so now I better start upping my work hours to pay for all this. Ugh.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 3 2007, 07:45 AM)
    ugh, I just bought tickets. Almost $500 total.

You are the an ultimate fan Tabetha. I cringed when I read you paid $500 for 6 tickets. Study hard. Get A's. I'd hate for your mom to take your tickets away.
  • Awww Tabetha I feel so bad for you!!!
    You've had the worst luck, seriously, I'd have combusted with the stress if it were me!!

Hope you get your As and you have enough money in your account and the gig is amazing smile.gif

*hugs*
  • thanks, Electra and Rocksugar. That means a lot me that you said that ~hugs~
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ Mar 1 2007, 05:03 AM)
    uhh yeahh where are the LA shows??
    doesn't damian live in LA?? or like his wife does so he should... and he should want to come back here and visit her and while hes at it do a couple live shows!
    haha jk but i do hope they add some west coast dates..

haha YES!!!!!

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 1 2007, 01:08 PM)
    as Mixed Tape pointed out in another thread, they already have 6 billion CA shows!

what are they?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i've only heard of the pepperdine and college fest shows, but idk if i can even go to those!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 3 2007, 11:12 AM)
    haha YES!!!!!
    what are they?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

i've only heard of the pepperdine and college fest shows, but idk if i can even go to those!

They played one yesterday at the Gibson Ampitheatre, one TONIGHT at SDSU Open Air Theatre, the Pepperdine one, and College Fest one, oh and the one with This American Life. That is 5 shows in SoCal in under 2 months!! So there can't be any complaining about not touring in LA with the Fray.

Don't you love living in Southern California. I do. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 3 2007, 07:26 PM)

I used to live in California til my parents decided to bring me back.
    I'm glaring at them now, but they don't seem to have noticed. I may have to throw something.
    A slipper, perhaps?
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 3 2007, 07:26 PM)
    They played one yesterday at the Gibson Ampitheatre, one TONIGHT at SDSU Open Air Theatre, the Pepperdine one, and College Fest one, oh and the one with This American Life. That is 5 shows in SoCal in under 2 months!! So there can't be any complaining about not touring in LA with the Fray.

haha, yes!
    i think that i might be able to go to the pepperdine and college fest ones. Do u have to be a student to go to the college fest one?

QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 3 2007, 07:30 PM)
    I used to live in California til my parents decided to bring me back.
    I'm glaring at them now, but they don't seem to have noticed. I may have to throw something.
    A slipper, perhaps?

chkl, oh u.

i would have never left l.a. tis awesome!
  • I bought my tickets for Philly! My friend Leigh and I will be in Section 100, Row W. That was the best I could get 45 minutes into the darned presale. But it's okay, because I'm seeing OK Go on March 24th and then again on June 24th (my 9th and 10th shows, overall)!
  • They'd better not plan any more oturs after this one, because I'm planning on getting tickets to the St. Louis Mo concert as soon as the presales start, and I \'d like to know that it'd be their last show before they start recording.

If anyone else is thinking about going let me know! I always want to meet my fellow boardies/JCers!
  • They'd better not plan any more tours after this one, because I'm planning on getting tickets to the St. Louis Mo concert as soon as the presales start, and I 'd like to know that it'd be their last show before they start recording.

If anyone else is thinking about going let me know! I always want to meet my fellow boardies/JCers!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 3 2007, 12:51 PM)
    i would have never left l.a. tis awesome!

yeah go LA!
    dude i hope they play some smaller venue shows in the summer!
    i feel bad a friend of mine whos a huge ok go fan is at berkeley for school and didnt get to see them, so hopefully if they have a show in the summer we can both go since we'll both be back in LA for summer vacation!
    woooo!
  • I just noticed that the last tour date on that list is one day before my birthday o________0

Holy Cow.
  • QUOTE (HMMbands @ Mar 1 2007, 04:45 AM)
    wub.gif yay!! they are going to be in st. louis. oh how i wish that i had friends that listen to the same music as me so we could go to the show. sad.gif that would be sooooo awesome to go to.
    im just curious, is anyone else going to the st. louis show?

I'm going! (hopefully!)
  • Hi. I just got a heads up from Ticketmaster saying that the Fray will be playing in the Seattle area (actually, about 5 min from my house), on Friday and Saturday 7/27 and 7/28. Normally I wouldn't give The Fray a second thought, but I was wondering if OK Go is going to still be touring with them at that time. Ticketmaster doesn't say, and the last show listed at okgo.net is 7/01 in St. Louis.

So, does anyone know if OK Go is going to continue with the rest of the Fray's summer tour?
    Any guesses?

I'd like to get tickets if OK Go will be playing, but not if they're not.