In this Discussion

the official "canada is amazing" thread

Comments

• The security word to add you on Facebook was 2RAW....I think that's a sign.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Mar 30 2007, 04:34 PM)
    The security word to add you on Facebook was 2RAW....I think that's a sign.

i hear choirs of angels

omg im soo excited
  • HAPPY CANADA DAY Y'ALLS! i mean EH!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Jul 1 2007, 10:09 PM)
    HAPPY CANADA DAY Y'ALLS! i mean EH!

whats this all aboot eh?

oh canada <3
  • where have my fave canadian twins gone?
  • I suspect you're referring to The Fels and I. IF YOU'RE NOT YOU'RE IN TROUBLE!

The Fels is having many an adventure at the Cirque de Soliel! and I have been working my arse off.
  • According to my calendar, today is Thanksgiving Day in Canada! Happy Thanksgiving, Canadians! :-D
  • And the Sens are winning! A fantastic Thanksgiving it is!
  • My friends and I ordered in Thai food and watched Weeds. We decided we're American so this is our new Canadian Thanksgiving tradition.

I really want to make pumpkin pie. I'm pining for it right now.
  • thanksgiving was filled only with studying sad.gif

but i guess it was a good day, i saw the simpsons and friends thanksgiving episodes. its so weird how they show American shows about american thanksgiving on canadian thanksgiving. Weird but cool.
  • OK Canadians. Sell me on something.

The hubby and I are thinking about a possible road trip to Canada next fall. Our destination is either going to be Toronto or Montreal. I'd prefer Montreal because it lets us stop in Burlington on the way back, and I think it would be neat to go someplace where they don't speak as much English. Besides, I've been there before and I Love It. Adam prefers Toronto because they speak English and we'll be driving through every major city in Upstate NY where we have friends. Adam's never been to either place, I've only been to Montreal. What do we all think? Or should I just wait until OK Go is playing one of those cities and plan a vacation that way? (I'm KIDDING!)
  • COME TO TORONTO ITS AWESOMEEEEE!

hehe i guess you could say im biased. Ive never been to montreal, but ive heard that its amazing. Toronto is pretty metropolitan. Its such a broad city, and its divided into districts. In one section of the core you can find upscale martini bars and just go down a couple streets and you can find hard punk joints. There are a whole bunch of tourist stuff you could do, and i just dont mean going up our lame cn tower rolleyes.gif .

And the people arnt as mean as they have a reputation for wink.gif .

• Well, basically, you might die if you're driving through Montreal. PSYCHO drivers, but honestly one of the most beautiful and interesting cities you'll find. Toronto, as much as I adore it, is kind of NYC, Jr. and might be a little boring in comparison.
  • Truth about the drivers here. Terrible, terrible drivers.

However, I am completely biased and I'm going to say come to ye olde Montreal. Granted, I've never been to Toronto (which is a cryin' shame. I wanted to so badly when The Mountain Goats were passing through, but it turns out that Toronto is far away and expensive to get to and though I was totally willing to hostel it up, it was also on a Wednesday night. Whoops).

But still, Montreal is a hoot, especially during the fall when it's not yet fucking freezing out (which I've actually gotten strangely used to and find kind of comforting). BUT! We have the Plateau and the Old Port and the Biodome (PENGUINS) and uh, poutine?
  • toronto's ok. they're always something going on, but indeed they're some sketchy areas around here and there...

montreal seems like some magical wonderful place, where the unicorns speak french, bonhomme rules with an iron fist, and the comedians flock for a crazy festival once a year. I'd rather go to montreal to say the truth, but maybe thats just because i've never been there before, and everything i've ever heard about it has been good.

Toronto is amazing though. they'res tons of theatres (VISIT FEL AT DIRTY DANCING WHY DON"T YA!) and fun times to be had. expecially in the summer.
    plus our transit is pretty ok so you could get around easily pretty cheaply. and... fel and i are there! smile.gif
  • Hey Mel and Fel, we can chill when I'm in university!
  • i guess either is better then moose jaw Saskatchewan. in theory, unless moose jaw is extrememly kick ass. and judging my the name it may very well be.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Feb 16 2008, 12:09 AM)
    toronto's ok. they're always something going on, but indeed they're some sketchy areas around here and there...

montreal seems like some magical wonderful place, where the unicorns speak french, bonhomme rules with an iron fist, and the comedians flock for a crazy festival once a year. I'd rather go to montreal to say the truth, but maybe thats just because i've never been there before, and everything i've ever heard about it has been good.

Toronto is amazing though. they'res tons of theatres (VISIT FEL AT DIRTY DANCING WHY DON"T YA!) and fun times to be had. expecially in the summer.
    plus our transit is pretty ok so you could get around easily pretty cheaply. and... fel and i are there! smile.gif

Hah! Maybe we should do a city exchange. I've lived in Montreal for long enough that I assume everyone in Canada speaks French. Whoops.

What else does Montreal have? I mean, besides the obvious unicorns. (Speaking of, I still have my unicorn outfit from the HomoHop. There was a whole herd! I'm pretty sure I was the only straight unicorn though.).
    So, here is a list of things to do, IN BULLET FORM!
    *Unity=fantastic gay club where you can actually go and just have a blast and dance. I always feel like I need to dress up and I'll be judged in other clubs. In Unity, I can dance to my little heart's content or until my legs give out. One or the other!
    *Moe's Diner=24-hour cheap diner right in Centre Ville where they don't even give you a check, you just go up and tell them what you ordered. Awesome fires.
    *Sledding at Beaver Pond=it's a drive/bus/trek up the mountain, but it's totally worth it. Given that's Montreal is perpetually covered in snow, it seems a necessity to make the most out of it.
    *2 AM Poutine at any La Belle Province

And more! I swear, when I'm less tired and hungry, there will be more things on the list besides restaurants. Pinky swear.
  • Wait, so there *are* Unicorns in Montreal? We may have to go with Montreal then.
  • 130<HFoC>151 <Break the walls Down>169 says (22:00):
    your gonna like it

Melissa: settle down my babies ---,--"@ dih di dih dehhh says (22:01):
    lemme seee

130<HFoC>151 <Break the walls Down>169 says (22:02):
    its a mother fuckin moose yurp

Melissa: settle down my babies ---,--"@ dih di dih dehhh says (22:02):
    hehehe rad

130<HFoC>151 <Break the walls Down>169 says (22:03):
    from canada!
    MOTHER FUCKIN CANADA

Melissa: settle down my babies ---,--"@ dih di dih dehhh says (22:04):