In this Discussion

Question about the Worcester Polytech Inst. Concert

edited November -1 in OK Go
Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the April 20th concert at Worcester Polytech Institute. Like... Is it open to the public? how do you get tickets? etc...

I really want to go to this concert and i have called about 3 different offices at WPI and none have been able to tell me anything. So if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

Thanks!

Comments

• I am also interested in the answer to this question!

QUOTE (AnnaLee1276 @ Mar 9 2007, 05:42 PM)
    Hey everyone! I was wondering if anyone knew anything about the April 20th concert at Worcester Polytech Institute. Like... Is it open to the public? how do you get tickets? etc...

I really want to go to this concert and i have called about 3 different offices at WPI and none have been able to tell me anything. So if anyone could help me I would be so grateful.

Thanks!
  • According to someone in the events dept. at WPI, the tickets aren't on sale yet, but should be in a few weeks. Once I get more info, I'll be sure to post!
  • hehe, I feel like whining but my whining didn't quite fit anywhere.
    So Ok Go is will be with Snow Patrol down the street from me in a week, but the show was sold out in November. I was gonna walk around and see if I could get an autograph, since in a photo posted by ihave7stars they went to my supermarket when they were in Boston before, but I don't think I can now- I have class till 5 and this will be a class I can't make up. And I doubt they'd be walking around at 5 when the show starts at 7:30.
    So siiiiigh, this will be the third show Ok Go is down the street from me and I'm not there. (the first 2 were 21+ shows). Then again, they were at the Paradise and other Avalon clubs before I had heard of them, so in reality this will be like the sixth time they are down the street from me and I'm not there.
    And this one at WPI- it's on a Thursday, which is when I have class till 6:30. And I don't drive so I'd have to take the commuter rail out of Boston to Worchester, so by the time I get there, it'd be too late. So I don't think I'll be able to go. It'll be less disheartening tho, cuz they'll be 50 miles away instead of down the street smile.gif
    Well, at least I have my Mansfield tickets for June bought.

the end smile.gif no more whining
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 21 2007, 12:34 AM)
    And this one at WPI- it's on a Thursday, which is when I have class till 6:30. And I don't drive so I'd have to take the commuter rail out of Boston to Worchester, so by the time I get there, it'd be too late. So I don't think I'll be able to go.

Chin up - the WPI show is 4/20th - a Friday. Hopefully this helps you out smile.gif
  • QUOTE (turdelini @ Mar 21 2007, 09:24 AM)
    Chin up - the WPI show is 4/20th - a Friday. Hopefully this helps you out smile.gif

oooo! that's so awesome!!!!
    thanks, turdelini!!!
    I am def'ly going to try to go then.

Turdelini, we should follow the style of the CA ppl on this board and meet up at the show, hehe.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 21 2007, 07:50 AM)

Turdelini, we should follow the style of the CA ppl on this board and meet up at the show, hehe.

The CA people arent the only ones that meet up. The people who live in Europe have bigger meet ups then we do.
  • QUOTE (turdelini @ Mar 13 2007, 09:01 PM)
    According to someone in the events dept. at WPI, the tickets aren't on sale yet, but should be in a few weeks. Once I get more info, I'll be sure to post!

thanks! yea i called them a couple times and they said that too... but they also said you could only get tickets on campus or something? but luckily know someone that knows someone that goes there and theyre willing to get me tickets! anyways im so excited for this concert!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Mar 21 2007, 11:00 AM)
    The CA people arent the only ones that meet up. The people who live in Europe have bigger meet ups then we do.

hehehe smile.gif
  • The Midwest is getting pretty happening meet-up style, too. biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 21 2007, 09:06 PM)
    The Midwest is getting pretty happening meet-up style, too. biggrin.gif

Yes! Because we know how to rock!
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 21 2007, 09:22 PM)
    Yes! Because we know how to rock!

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Mar 21 2007, 10:50 AM)
    thanks, turdelini!!!
    I am def'ly going to try to go then.

That sounds like fun! It's always great meeting fellow OK Go fans! biggrin.gif
  • Hey everyone,

My name is Mike, and I go to WPI. I'm not a member of WPI's Social Committee (they're putting the show on) but I know the people running the show so I have pretty good info.

So here's the deal:
    Tickets are on sale right now, but you have to show up in person to purchase them. The show is open to the public.

If you have any questions you can call the Social Committee's office directly. They are the people who are directly running the show, so they will have the right info. The number is:

WPI Social Committee Office Phone: 1-508-831-5509

You might have to let it ring, or leave a message since this is a student run organization and so people will be in and out of the office at weird times.

Also here is a link to WPI's website that has directions to our campus. Once you're on the campus you'll either see the huge line of kids waiting outside of Harrington for the show, or you can stop anyone and ask them where "Harrington" or "the Gym" is and they'll know.

Directions: http://www.wpi.edu/About/Visitors/directions.html

As of yet, they haven't released the name of the opener. Once I find out (and I usually find out early cause, I know all these kids) I'll post it here. If you guys have any more questions you think I could answer, post them here and I'll try my best.

In general they don't allow backpacks or bags in. No food or beverages (this includes water bottles) and usually no cameras, though Ok Go might decide otherwise. The show is in our gym so there is a huge area in front of the stage. They usually also open the upper level seats and they might pull out a section of bleachers on the floor, however our bleachers are only on two sides of the gym and the rumor is the stage will be setup on one of the the other two sides meaning that none of the seats will be directly facing the stage.

There's a Campus Center with a small food court if you want to catch dinner before the show. Its got pizza, and a little burger stand.

Parking is pretty limited on campus. The main street the campus sits on (Institute Rd) is public parking on one side only, but spaces there are pretty sparse. It sucks I know, but what can you do?

So that's about everything I could think you might want to know about this show.
  • thanks! that's a lot of info! you're awesome smile.gif

it's a pain that you have to buy the tickets in person, tho. I'd have to take the commuter rail from South Station, seeing as I don't drive, yuck.
    Do you know if the tickets are for general seating or some kinda spot-reservation? Is it possible to buy tickets on the same day as the show? cuz if it is, I'd prefer to go down to WPI on the same day as the show and after buying general tickets, get in line early for a good place to watch the show. It would be a lot easier than going down to WPI on 2 different days.

thanks so much for all the info!
  • thanks so much for the info! Someone i know that goes there bought my ticket so i was wondering if all the tickets are general admission?
  • They just posted this info on OK Go's MySpace page, but for anyone who might have missed it - you can get tickets for the WPI show online at wpi.musictoday.com
  • ooo, you can buy the tickets online! I'm def'ly going to try to go. thx, turdelini!
  • All tickets are general admission. There might be bleachers open but there is no way to reserve a tickets for them, they would be first come, first serve, but again I'm almost 100% certain they will be facing the wrong way.
  • Thanks so much for the information!!!!
  • Thanks so much for the information!!!!