In this Discussion

Question about the Worcester Polytech Inst. Concert

Comments

• QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 24 2007, 10:12 PM)
    The lads wouldn't intentionally leave your yummy cake behind. Andy was probably in a hurry and had a lot of things going on at once, put down what he was holding for just a moment, and then forgot. Happens to us all. I say, take the crew pass! Damian would want you to wink.gif

sent you a message too, Tempe smile.gif
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Apr 24 2007, 08:11 PM)
    Sally,

Take the crew pass and the CD! He wouldn't have offered if he didn't want you to have it.

Theresa

I 4th that smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mundum @ Apr 24 2007, 11:06 PM)
    I 4th that smile.gif

I sent you a pm smile.gif

ok, for everyone who wanted to see that pic of Andy:

He's crinkling up his face while smiling, which is really cute.

He's in a really awkward position though, cuz he's kind of leaning forward to get in the pic with us in front of him and at the same time, his arms are outstretched and balancing the cake. And I was in the way of making this a good shot of him by himself, ugh.

I kind of wish Ok Go would let us all take photo sessions of them, lol- although maybe that's not a good idea since I'm a terrible photographer.
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 25 2007, 10:14 AM)
    I sent you a pm smile.gif

ok, for everyone who wanted to see that pic of Andy:

He's crinkling up his face while smiling, which is really cute.

He's in a really awkward position though, cuz he's kind of leaning forward to get in the pic with us in front of him and at the same time, his arms are outstretched and balancing the cake. And I was in the way of making this a good shot of him by himself, ugh.

I kind of wish Ok Go would let us all take photo sessions of them, lol- although maybe that's not a good idea since I'm a terrible photographer.

cute!
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 25 2007, 07:14 AM)

*swoon*

Can he possibly be more handsome?
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 25 2007, 01:19 PM)
    *swoon*

Personally I'm getting a kick out of the girl making a face in the background. I wonder if she knew she was in the picture...
  • Haha, I love how everyone's getting these secret PMs! laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 25 2007, 09:55 AM)
    Haha, I love how everyone's getting these secret PMs! laugh.gif

I know! What's up with that wink.gif I want one too!! laugh.gif
  • Here are some of the pics my friend Ian took.

Ok Go Pics from WPI 2007

Fair warning the first bunch are of The Cadence, so feel free to skip ahead. Also there are somewhere around 200 pics so apologies is there is lots if repetition.
  • Sorry freehugs, I was pretty depressed that day. It would've been contagious, lol.

I wish I waited to see Andy.. he looks absolutely gorgeous rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Supermike @ Apr 25 2007, 06:09 PM)
    Here are some of the pics my friend Ian took.

Ok Go Pics from WPI 2007

Fair warning the first bunch are of The Cadence, so feel free to skip ahead. Also there are somewhere around 200 pics so apologies is there is lots if repetition.

http://lnlbooth.wpi.edu/gallery/main.php?g..._serialNumber=2
    YAY!! I guess an angel did get its wings after all smile.gif

Thanks for the pictures, they're pretty awesome. I'm only in one of them but my head is pretty tiny lol
  • QUOTE (yummy @ Apr 25 2007, 07:11 PM)
    Sorry freehugs, I was pretty depressed that day. It would've been contagious, lol.

I wish I waited to see Andy.. he looks absolutely gorgeous rolleyes.gif

Awwww, I'm sorry! I hope OK Go made you all better!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Apr 25 2007, 01:55 PM)
    Haha, I love how everyone's getting these secret PMs! laugh.gif

looool! sorry it sounded like a secret- it wasn't. I just wanted to thank them for their encouragement in accepting Mike's awesome and generous gift.

QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 25 2007, 02:07 PM)
    I know! What's up with that wink.gif I want one too!! laugh.gif

I thought I sent you one! I'll send one right now smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Supermike @ Apr 25 2007, 06:09 PM)
    Here are some of the pics my friend Ian took.

Ok Go Pics from WPI 2007

Thanks for the picturesss! I'm in like 2 of them..looking ridiculous. hahah
    The guy that was counting is the most amazing guy ever. He's a cool dude.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Apr 25 2007, 05:19 PM)
    *swoon*

doubtful wub.gif
  • Ive been meaning to leave a post on here ever since the concert, but basically everything I want to say has been said by Carly(freehugs) since I went with her.

Anyways it was an amazing concert, probably my 2nd favorite out of the 5 ok go concerts Ive been to. We got to talk to Dan before the show for about 10 minutes, he was so nice and he gave us hugs and it was amazing. And then everyone played amazing, Tim, Damian, Andy and Dan rocked out and I was once again blown away. I wish Carly and I could have met some of you though, oh well maybe next time!
  • QUOTE (AnnaLee1276 @ Apr 25 2007, 07:13 PM)
    Ive been meaning to leave a post on here ever since the concert, but basically everything I want to say has been said by Carly(freehugs) since I went with her.

Anyways it was an amazing concert, probably my 2nd favorite out of the 5 ok go concerts Ive been to. We got to talk to Dan before the show for about 10 minutes, he was so nice and he gave us hugs and it was amazing. And then everyone played amazing, Tim, Damian, Andy and Dan rocked out and I was once again blown away. I wish Carly and I could have met some of you though, oh well maybe next time!

When he saw the shirt? That's sooo sweet!

I just got done lookin thru Ian's photos and while my friend is in most of the crowd shots, I'm not in any of them, even though I was right next to her- and since all the shots being taken while I was ducking to pick stuff up is very unlikely, the sad truth is how short I am. I'm 5 flat laugh.gif laugh.gif I'm going to send her the link right now
    Thanks, Mike, for the link smile.gif These were really fun to look at
  • Just read this thread now. What an emotional roller coaster! And with a happy ending--yay!

Sally, at the time of your June show, I thought you hadn't seen them since Lupo's. How very cool to find that you got to see them in a great setting and had such a fantastic experience. Very very awesome. And got to meet your dear Andy again. Yay again! biggrin.gif

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 21 2007, 03:00 PM)
    sorry, going to put line spaces b/f my paras, cuz tab or space doesn't seem to work.
    First of all, I have to thank Mumblo. I don't think I would have gone to this show if it wasn't for her comment- and it turned out to be one of the happiest nights in my life.

This write-up was great.

QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Apr 23 2007, 06:55 AM)
    mad.gif Honestly now, was it really necessary to post that?

Tabetha had the time of her life, protected that cake throughout the show and had her shining moment when she presented it to Andy. Your post did nothing more than to shatter her illusion and for what? Alright already, we get it -- you had insider info about the Worcester show and had an all access pass. We gained nothing positive from that revelation and it was nothing more than an attempt to show us how "cool" you are.

I'm sorry if I sound harsh, but what's wrong with letting a teenager think her hard work meant something to her favorite band?

Bravo, 7stars. As tons of people already said they did, I thought the same thing ...

QUOTE (Supermike @ Apr 24 2007, 01:06 PM)
    I'll admit the wording was a little careless. I submit that I'm guilty only of being careless and not of being intentionally mean. I got to see the cake and it was really great. The WPI kids running the show were so impressed they took it to their after party and the word is it was delicious. So at the very least it didn't go to waste. Clearly its the band's loss for not taking it.

Tabetha,
    I want to make up for this in at least some small way. So, if you're willing to accept it, I have a crew pass made up specifically for this show. It says "OK Go' on the top. then the date then "Harrington Auditorium" which of course is the name of the gym. It has a silhouette graphic of the band and the letters "LnL" on the bottom. That's the abbreviation of our sound and lighting club. But the part I think you'd care about are the band's signatures on the back. I know you probably have a ton of stuff signed by the band, but these passes are really rare, even rarer than the VIP or security badges from the show. Anyway, if you'd like, its all yours. Again I know this won't make up for me being insensitive, but its the least I can do to say I'm sorry. Also I can send a CD with a huge amount of pictures my friends took from the show. Think about it.

-Mike

And bravo, Mike! I don't think I've ever seen someone regain class in such short order.

QUOTE (Tabetha @ Apr 25 2007, 09:14 AM)

And, finally, holy gorgeousness, Batman.
    Goddamn, he's fine. Damian who?

*Edit: Just have to add again that this thread has left me completely warm and squishy. smile.gif smile.gif So full of happy.
  • Thanks, Sheri wub.gif
    And oooh yes, that Andy is quite pretty smile.gif
  • wait, Sally did you take his offer?

and this concert sounds so cool!