In this Discussion

Few Great OKGO articles

1252627282931»

Comments

• This might give us a bit more on dem Northern Lights, and what exactly the boys are doing with Sony Ericsson: http://www.psfk.com/2013/04/ok-go-northern-lights-sony.html

I know there isn't much truly revealed, but show of hands who's excited already?! i know i ammm!!! :3 xx
  • YouTube is 10 years old. Hard to believe. The LA Times put together the top 5 videos from the last ten years and the boys are #1. Obviously.

Happy 10th birthday, YouTube: 5 of its greatest musical moments
  • Sort of an article...?

Never Before Seen Video: Exclusive Outtakes from OK Go's 'End Love'

My favorite part is the end. Whoever decided to play Another Set of Issues for Orange Bill's close-up at the close is a genius.
  • I know! That was my favorite part too! :D
  • edited May 2015
    Thanks for the LA Times article. The treadmill video came out in 2006, though, not 2009. If I remember right, it was originally on YouTube, then they had to repost it on Vevo (in 2009) because of all the hoo-ha around copyright and stuff. Someone at the LA Times probably should have done a *little* more research.

I also enjoyed the behind-the-scenes video. Makes me want to watch the original again. I failed to appreciate it at the time.
  • Here's a very relaxed interview with Damian about Hungry Ghosts and life in general, for Redmilk Magazine.
    http://redmilkmagazine.com/2014/06/26/natalia-meets-damian-kulash/
  • The search feature isn't letting me find threads for TV appearances, so I'm putting this here.

I liked Damian's Lionel Ritchie shirt, and Tim's supine grape-eating pose in the blue room, during The Late Late Show with James Corden's opening intros.

I'm not sure why I was surprised that whole mayonnaise thing "took a turn." ;)

The whole idea of Confetti Piñatas makes me ridiculously happy!
  • The search feature isn't letting me find threads for TV appearances, so I'm putting this here.

I liked Damian's Lionel Ritchie shirt, and Tim's supine grape-eating pose in the blue room, during The Late Late Show with James Corden's opening intros.

I'm not sure why I was surprised that whole mayonnaise thing "took a turn." ;)

The whole idea of Confetti Piñatas makes me ridiculously happy!

Were you looking for this thread: OK Go on TV shows, movies commercials etc.

So much confetti.
  • Yes, thank you. I don't know why it didn't come up, because I actually typed "OK Go on TV shows," I just couldn't recall if it needed to be exact. Should I move it? Does it matter?
  • Yes, thank you. I don't know why it didn't come up, because I actually typed "OK Go on TV shows," I just couldn't recall if it needed to be exact. Should I move it? Does it matter?

Meh. I think this is fine. Unless you wanted to talk some more about it, then we should start a new conversation over there.
  • The redmilk article EMc2 posted was really nice (I couldn't open it earlier this week so I just got to it). I can't help but think that supine/leaning back with feet up for a long shot is surpassing every other possible picture pose lately, though. ;)
  • Here's some notes from the production diary of Camera Operator Alec Jarnagin for floating camera.com

An excellent behind the scenes look at the technical/creative process of putting together the Red Star Macalline Commercial/Video

http://floatingcamera.com/jendra/pulling-off-an-ok-go-commercial-by-alec-jarnagin-soc/
  • edited May 2015
    I love when Damian writes stuff.

https://medium.com/cuepoint/the-moment-music-became-my-destiny-f3f2327d6c17

1983 was definitely a banner year in pop music. Duran Duran, Madonna, Michael Jackson, Prince, Frankie Goes to Hollywood, Herbie Hancock, Wham! This was the era of "Do They Know It's Christmas" and "We Are the World" - a who's who of pop at that time.
  • @EMc2, thanks for the Redmilk find. I really enjoyed reading that. A lot.