In this Discussion

Pepperdine April 13, 2007

Comments

• Ok, there's 2 threads on this topic. I'm going to post my experience in this one since it's older and wiser tongue.gif

It was awesome, of course. More details later, I'm just waking up....

And they did play DWYW!! It was their last song, you know, the one they did the new video for, the one with the wacky wavy inflatable arms.

-Mia.
  • I'm going to post in this one, too, even though what I'm talking about is over there. laugh.gif

Barbara! I agree with Theresa (dietpepsidrunk)--your pictures are wonderful! Really great! Fantastic! Thanks for posting them!
    laugh.gif on your sticker placement
    And here's where I feel old: what's "CB"?

I feel bad for you Californians, since when the guys are there they seem to always go straight home. I imagine they want to take advantage of every minute they've got.

Glad you had a great time, littleroom! And it's nice to hear the crowd was so good!
    And yeah, the first live Damian exxperience is something indeed.

OMG, I completely accidentally put the extra "x" in there. LOL I'm leaving it.
  • lol! CB means "cock blocker" as in, somebody who's trying to interfere with the game. lol smile.gif

AH I meant YSDH! THEY DIDN'T PLAY YOU'RE SO DAMN HOT! :'(!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ok, I'm done with my blog on the OK Go experience. No pictures yet, coming soon....

-Mia.
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Apr 14 2007, 11:07 AM)
    lol! CB means "cock blocker" as in, somebody who's trying to interfere with the game. lol smile.gif

laugh.gif I should have known that.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 14 2007, 11:11 AM)
    Ok, I'm done with my blog on the OK Go experience. No pictures yet, coming soon....

-Mia.

Glad you had a great night, Mia! Sounds like a cool place for the show, by the ocean ... I commented on your blog.
  • I had a good time. It's sad that we didn't meet the guys this time, but meeting Cavil at Rest almost makes up for it, not quite. Did I just say that! No, it doesn't make up for it at all!! jk. Yeah, I basically gave Dan the bag and ran away because he was walking around with his significant other and I felt bad for even coming up to him. But I also didn't want to take home the cookies I made for them. And the chocolates did not contain any insects! laugh.gif No roachies were harmed in the making of them. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 14 2007, 10:08 AM)
    And the chocolates did not contain any insects! laugh.gif No roachies were harmed in the making of them. tongue.gif

The roachies are the most delicious part! tongue.gif j/k, I've never tried them.

Can't wait to read you blog Mia! Hopefully other blogs from this night will start appearing soon.....wink wink FPWLOG.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Apr 14 2007, 07:48 AM)
    Glad you had a great time, littleroom! And it's nice to hear the crowd was so good!
    And yeah, the first live Damian exxperience is something indeed.

OMG, I completely accidentally put the extra "x" in there. LOL I'm leaving it.

Maybe it should be eXXXperience. You know, because you practically got a lapdance at your last show!
  • QUOTE (mumblo @ Apr 15 2007, 06:07 PM)
    Maybe it should be eXXXperience. You know, because you practically got a lapdance at your last show!

laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • Ok, I'm getting confused reading two threads on the same subject. So I agree with Mia that this thread is older and wiser biggrin.gif

In response to oknat-- Thanks for sharing your experience! How awesome of Melinda and the OK Go-Go to let you have the set list. How funny that Andy was driving the wrong way, hopefully he didn't put anyone in danger. This reminds me of his blog with the finger givin' French dude, haha.

Hopefully people continue posting in this thread, that way we wont have to be responding in 2 places wink.gif
  • Look, Natalie and Tim (her brother) are behind us: laugh.gif

• QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 16 2007, 07:28 AM)
    Ok guys! Pics are up on Photobucket.

Great pics! You know, that shirt of Damian's has got to be the most sweat-stain-resistant shirt on the planet. Just had to lob that thought out there for some reason.
  • QUOTE (Kareh @ Apr 16 2007, 12:21 AM)
    Great pics! You know, that shirt of Damian's has got to be the most sweat-stain-resistant shirt on the planet. Just had to lob that thought out there for some reason.

I have thought about that a lot. I feel bad for that poor shirt. I'm starting to get theories on it though. I'm guessing that it is either his favorite shirt to wear, so he wears it thousands of times a month. He has ran out of other awesome shirts, and so that leaves him with that one. OR! He has 80 of them in his closet/bus and wears a different one each night.
  • Hello everyone!

So, this was my 3rd time seeing them (other 2 were with Snow Patrol) and I had lots of fun. I pretty much got smushed when Damian came down into the crowd to walk to the middle. Oh and I really loved the setting of this show. I mean it's not every day that I can go to a show that's right on top of a hill overlooking the ocean!
  • QUOTE (Redstar7 @ Apr 16 2007, 09:49 AM)
    I have thought about that a lot. I feel bad for that poor shirt. I'm starting to get theories on it though. I'm guessing that it is either his favorite shirt to wear, so he wears it thousands of times a month. He has ran out of other awesome shirts, and so that leaves him with that one. OR! He has 80 of them in his closet/bus and wears a different one each night.

I wouldn't be surprised if he had more than one, but not lots and lots, since they're probably tailored. I noticed after two shows here (post-show) that he was carrying his shirt on a hanger and it looked all crisp and maybe even pressed already. That's when I thought he must be washing them and ironing them till they're dry after every show, and that's why we had to wait two hours for them to finally come out of the damn venue. I'm just being silly of course. But it does make you wonder, doesn't it?
  • Hello, highwayskyline, and welcome!

I know I've said this before, but I am beginning to hate that damn shirt! mad.gif I bet he originally liked it because it was just the right length for the AMW peepshow, but still long enough in the arms. Now, it just makes every concert picture I see/take look THE SAME! dry.gif (Man, I sound grumpy this morning.) That would be funny if he had a closetful of this shirt!
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Apr 16 2007, 05:28 AM)
    Ok guys! Pics are up on Photobucket. http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u61/roc...ine%2004132007/

My favorite:

laugh.gif

Awsome pictures

Awww! He looks like he's poking himself in the eye with the microphone! tongue.gif
    Thanks for the pics, Mia!