In this Discussion

Win Invite Only Tickets to see OK Go (yet again and again)

edited November -1 in OK Go
Jack Daniel's has done it again. The boys will be playing yet another show for Studio 7.

April 24, 2007
Detroit, MI

On another note: Come to the Jack Daniel's Studio 7 in OC, CA since it seems you are hopping the train to all the Jack Daniel's Events!!!

EDIT: We should really just start an Official Jack Daniel's Thread.....

Comments

• QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 29 2007, 01:47 PM)
    EDIT: We should really just start an Official Jack Daniel's Thread.....

Seriously! I didn't even check out the other cities that weren't close to me so I missed the Detroit one. They don't have a band listed for NYC yet and I'm hoping (please, please, please) let it be them.
  • I saw the last thread for the one in PA and thought, "hey maybe they'll play one in Ca soon" but no.
  • QUOTE (rocksugar @ Mar 29 2007, 11:20 AM)
    I saw the last thread for the one in PA and thought, "hey maybe they'll play one in Ca soon" but no.

Keep your fingers crossed for Hollywood, San Diego, or San Francisco! There is no information for any of those shows yet as they're listed as "Coming Soon."
  • Detroit! I can't believe it! I just entered myself and my husband. What's the real deal on these tickets? Do you pretty much 'win' them if you enter? Or is there a chance I might not get tickets? (Nooooo!) Also, is there another way to get the tickets other than entering online? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 29 2007, 12:08 PM)
    Detroit! I can't believe it! I just entered myself and my husband. What's the real deal on these tickets? Do you pretty much 'win' them if you enter? Or is there a chance I might not get tickets? (Nooooo!) Also, is there another way to get the tickets other than entering online? Thanks for any tips anyone can give me!

The website says you can also get tix from the promo people, but it doesn't get too specific. I'm assuming that means hanging out at bars. Hey, it would give you a chance to show off your sizzling new haircut!!
  • I assume it'll be like the very first Jack Daniel's show in WI. I believe some people got tickets by attending some pre-show events or something. http://okgo.forumsunlimited.com/index.php?showtopic=2551

BTW: I entered into the WI contest and "won" tickets (But being in CA, I didn't go). I had to pick up the tickets the Friday before the show at the location of the concert. So I assume if you enter, you "win".
  • *pokes Sheri*
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Mar 29 2007, 07:05 PM)
    *pokes Sheri*

That would be fun! biggrin.gif It would be great to see you again!
  • ^^ There's a pot-roast w/ Damian's name written all over it just waiting to be eaten wink.gif
  • Um, why the hell are Ohio residents not eligible for this? DJRose, didn't you have this same problem?
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 29 2007, 08:50 PM)
    That would be fun! biggrin.gif It would be great to see you again!

Ha, don't say that till you've met me the first time! laugh.gif

Nah, I wouldn't be able to go to that. I think maybe Jennifer was poking me about how I got tickets to the Madison one. There was a JD pre-party at the venue a couple weeks before the show; it was posted on the venue's website. I also called the venue to ask a real person about the pre-party and show, how it was all going to work, etc. So I'd say watch the venue's website if it has one, and call and talk to people.

At the party I went to, they had win-or-lose JD scratch-off cards. But there was almost nobody there, for the JD thing anyway (only four people came up to the JD table in the 45 min. or so that I was there, including me), so the two JD people there, who were very very very nice, were open to letting people try and try and try for a winning scratch-off. Also, soon after I got there, I mentioned to the JD girl and guy that I'd driven two hours to get there. Which floored them, and they asked me to write down my "story," for which they'd give me tickets. LOL So of course I did.

I also found out from someone at the venue that in the past, JD has done games (such as blackjack) to win tickets, but that you could play and play and play till you won.

Also, I wound up winning in the online contest. And I think Jackie did too (sorry, Jackie, I'm drawing a blank on that at the moment), so I tend to think that if you enter, you'll win, but don't quote me on that. Also, they didn't announce that (they send you a voucher over email if you won) until after the pre-party.

Hope this helps people.
  • QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 29 2007, 09:58 PM)
    Um, why the hell are Ohio residents not eligible for this? DJRose, didn't you have this same problem?

Close to it. For some reason Delaware residents aren't elligible for the Philly show, while those in West VA are. I mean, I could understand if it was a distance thing, but Delaware is WAY more convenient to Philly than even Maryland! From my office in Wilmington I can get to the Philly airport in 20 or 30 minutes, depending on traffic.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Mar 29 2007, 10:54 PM)
    ^^ There's a pot-roast w/ Damian's name written all over it just waiting to be eaten wink.gif

Damn, all he has to do is ask!
    QUOTE (sureeyesawake @ Mar 29 2007, 10:58 PM)
    Um, why the hell are Ohio residents not eligible for this?

You know I'll share if I can!
    QUOTE (sherib @ Mar 29 2007, 10:59 PM)
    Ha, don't say that till you've met me the first time! laugh.gif

biggrin.gif
    There was a JD pre-party at the venue a couple weeks before the show; it was posted on the venue's website. I also called the venue to ask a real person about the pre-party and show, how it was all going to work, etc. So I'd say watch the venue's website if it has one, and call and talk to people.

I'm sorry if this is obvious and I just missed it: How do you find out the venue? The JD entry just says "Detroit show".
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 30 2007, 08:22 AM)
    I'm sorry if this is obvious and I just missed it: How do you find out the venue? The JD entry just says "Detroit show".

They announce the venue closer to the date. And it will be listed on Pollstar. At least, that's what happened with the Madison, WI show.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Mar 30 2007, 05:22 AM)
    Damn, all he has to do is ask!

I thought he did. Remember, "Please, Please, Please"? Let him get what he wants this time!!
  • I JUST saw some information on this show on the home page message for the Juggling Club. It's dated March 12! Can I have missed this information by a whole month?! ohmy.gif Can someone who visits the JC regularly let me know, please? My Favorites link usually goes right to the OK Go Forum and skips the home page. I sent my email to win tickets (to the okgo.net address), but if it's been a whole month I probably won't win! blink.gif

The good news is that it's at Clutch Cargo's in Pontiac! That is so close to where I live - much closer than downtown Detroit. Yay! I still could win tickets from the Jack Daniel's site.
  • Yay, Theresa!
  • Anyone going to this show tomorrow??
  • Yes! I'm going to this show!! biggrin.gif I got ticket vouchers from Jack Daniel's AND from the Juggling Club (although they just notified me and didn't send any vouchers yet.) A couple of questions for past JD show attendees: How early did you have to get there? and Is there an opening band? and Do the guys usually hang out afterwards?
  • Yes! I'm so glad you got tickets!!

In Madision, we got to the venue at about 6, I think--which was about an hour before doors (? Jackie, Jennifer remember?). There was an opening band.

I hope you have a blast. smile.gif