In this Discussion

shut up and kiss me

Comments

• okay, so now I'm not even joking about everyone getting together... it's seriously happening. D=
    every single one of my friends, at least almost.
    it was really noticeable today after school.... and really awkward. =/
    BUT.....it's maybe even happening for me. (damn, that's weird to think. but exciting. but weird...)
    just maybe. but I'm excited. but i don't show it, so it's funny when my friend is acting more excited than I am.

sad thing is, he's a senior... which means he's going to college (RPI) in a couple of months.... =(
  • my friends have already passed the getting together stage and they've started breaking up.

which, if possible, makes lunchtime even more awkward

instead of cuddling everyone's crying

they're all too young for this dating thing
  • thats interesting.. most of my friends grew up really late.. and no one got together until like the end of junior year.. and all the couples lasted a really long time, actually two of them are still going strong (approaching their two year anniversary)

theres this guy in perc (its this organization thingie where we throw events for everyone living on-campus in eleanor roosevelt college (erc) at ucsd) and he seems cool - i enjoy his company, and hes not bad looking.. but i don't really know how to "flirt" or even just provoke conversation that'll make us more than acquaintances. gah i always freeze up around guys i dont know very well.. er not completely freeze up, but later on i think of so many things i could've said or talked about.
    oh wellz we'll see how this goes.
  • Unrelated but I have a friend who goes to Eleanor Roosevelt. smile.gif
  • yay! go erc! cool.gif
  • QUOTE (sweetness @ May 20 2007, 03:40 PM)
    thats terribly selfish of you! who knows how long this has weighed on his mind, you gotta respect how he feels even if you dont feel the same way, he has a right to express his feelings. poor little guy friends...

I see your point here, friends should be able to be honest.

However, I still think that the friend status happens for two reasons:

(1) one of the people is taken

(2) there's no attraction there

It's when the second type of friend drops the big "L" word that things get hairy. Darn hormones!
  • Something I think you should understand is that a lot of guys will become friends with a girl because they like them.
  • I wouldn't even dream of speaking for all girls. But for me, once I started to appreciate a guy as a friend it would be really hard for me to see him romantically. The guy would have some sort of brother-like status.

Hmm, I guess I never thought that some guys might befriend a girl because they like her romantically. Yikes.
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 24 2007, 10:41 AM)
    Something I think you should understand is that a lot of guys will become friends with a girl because they like them.

I've noticed that a lot lately. They'll completely ignore you and then suddenly they've added you on msn and they always seem to find you on your own and they offer to get you fake IDs.........etc

ahaha guess what? I got a hug from the Damian clone.
    It was sweet and funny and completely unexpected. I was waiting at the bus stop, with a group of ten or so other people, when he walked up, asked if he could have a hug, I said sure, we hugged and then he said bye and walked away, completely ignoring everyone else there.

As i am a pretty paranoid person i assumed he'd put a "kick me" sticker on my back or something but, to my amazement, when i checked there was nothing there.

This is even stranger because I would not call us friends, he just goes to my school. I wonder what it means........
  • Arg. Almost the end of the school year and at least one of us is too chicken to say anything...
  • no guys at my school that i know like ok go....
  • it obviously is just different for all people... because all circumstances are different and all people are different. so i apologize for generalizing, and making you all think i'm a selfish, guy-friend hating wench....

no guys at my school that i know like ok go....

lol, any other good schools in the area?
  • QUOTE (Thomas. @ May 23 2007, 05:41 PM)
    Something I think you should understand is that a lot of guys will become friends with a girl because they like them.

i guess thats understandable..

why are boys so fucking shallow?
    even one of my guy friends admitted it - cuz theres this annoying girl that a lot my guy friends have liked/still like and so i asked him WHY?!?! and he was like, you'd be surprised at how shallow guys can be. gahhhhh

whatever i give up.. if something happens thats great, if not then hey i've been single forever and i've learned to deal with it. i don't need boys to carry heavy crates of water up loads of stairs to room!!!! AND i always open tightly closed jars for all my friends YES!!! wooooooo cool.gif

ooo juniperberry (i'm sorry i forgot your real name) thats quite interesting.. so random its awesome!
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ May 23 2007, 11:23 PM)
    i guess thats understandable..

even one of my guy friends admitted it - cuz theres this annoying girl that a lot my guy friends have liked/still like and so i asked him WHY?!?! and he was like, you'd be surprised at how shallow guys can be. gahhhhh

whatever i give up.. if something happens thats great, if not then hey i've been single forever and i've learned to deal with it. i don't need boys to carry heavy crates of water up loads of stairs to room!!!! AND i always open tightly closed jars for all my friends YES!!! wooooooo cool.gif

ooo juniperberry (i'm sorry i forgot your real name) thats quite interesting.. so random its awesome!

thank you thank you thank you. i put emphasis on the part to where i would be saying 'preach it sista' and raising the roof
  • You're generalizing that guys are really shallow? There are a hell of a lot of really shallow girls out there, as well.

I know that I have become friends with some guys because I liked them, but I wouldn't say that makes me shallow.
  • QUOTE (amberdino @ May 23 2007, 09:23 PM)

id like to think im not more then average shallow... deep? depth... ness... deepness? shallowness... shalom? no, thats not it... shalmon... like a fish? uhhh... ignore the last part of this.
  • hahahah thats the kind of witt that gives us hope in the male sex sweets.
  • shalmons live in shallow puddles
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ May 23 2007, 08:38 PM)
    thank you thank you thank you. i put emphasis on the part to where i would be saying 'preach it sista' and raising the roof

yay you agree!!! i thought people would scoff at that... but seriously when i do that kind of stuff, i feel proud!

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ May 23 2007, 08:46 PM)
    You're generalizing that guys are really shallow? There are a hell of a lot of really shallow girls out there, as well.

I know that I have become friends with some guys because I liked them, but I wouldn't say that makes me shallow.

sorry i didn't mean to generalize - poor wording on my part, and i didn't mean to imply that shallowness is their motivation to become friends with girls, i just wonder how shallow guys really are - is this friend of mine speaking about a lame group of people, or is he speaking the truth?
    and yes, unfortunately a lot of girls are super shallow for sure..
    so i guess shallowness issues go both ways.

QUOTE (sweetness @ May 23 2007, 09:28 PM)
    id like to think im not more then average shallow... deep? depth... ness... deepness? shallowness... shalom? no, thats not it... shalmon... like a fish? uhhh... ignore the last part of this.

hahahahaha that was awesome - totally put a smile on my face smile.gif

QUOTE (agentnumone @ May 23 2007, 09:49 PM)
    hahahah thats the kind of witt that gives us hope in the male sex sweets.

totally.
  • ohhh nick.

:]