In this Discussion

OK Go quotes

Comments

• Not to rain on this, but my concern is that people will think you're saying that YOU are mediocre, Christine (btw, nice to see you). You are not mediocre.

I like Becky's "Invincible" suggestion.

And for the record, my senior quote was "If you need me, me and Neil'll be hanging out with the Dream King." It's from a Tori Amos song, "Tear In Your Hand". wub.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Oct 15 2008, 08:13 AM)
    Not to rain on this, but my concern is that people will think you're saying that YOU are mediocre, Christine (btw, nice to see you). You are not mediocre.

Aww, thank you smile.gif

And yea, that was a concern of mine too. But I guess its how you look at it. One of my friends thought I was trying to say I was extraordinary. There's no going back now though, I handed it in this morning.
  • my senior quote was in Latin wink.gif
    I thought it was pretty cool.
    It translated to "perhaps one day even these things will be pleasant to remember."

But I like 'Mediocre people', Christine. Good choice smile.gif
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Oct 15 2008, 04:27 PM)
    my senior quote was in Latin wink.gif
    I thought it was pretty cool.
    It translated to "perhaps one day even these things will be pleasant to remember."

But I like 'Mediocre people', Christine. Good choice smile.gif

That's cool smile.gif
    And thanks!!
  • "Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time." was my senior quote. When I turned it in, the yearbook teacher read it and said, "That's not true."
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Oct 15 2008, 09:59 PM)
    "Mediocre people do exceptional things all the time." was my senior quote. When I turned it in, the yearbook teacher read it and said, "That's not true."

as a teacher, you'd think he/she would realize that quote is so true! There are plenty of mediocre teachers who manage to get by, and there are plenty of mediocre students who manage to graduate.
  • "pamplemousse..." -hurricane kulash

"i'm going to the potty girl!" -nordwind
    "rockin' it old testament style" -konopka
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qI6pmdi9oy4
  • laugh.gif A little while ago, I was at the store with my sister and I don't remember why but I randomly said "le pamplemousse!" Maybe we mentioned something French. I don't remember. But my sister started laughing and she's like, "What is that!?" And I told her it meant grapefruit in French. She thought it was a cool word, so she just kept saying it over and over laugh.gif which made me laugh
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ Nov 17 2008, 04:05 PM)
    laugh.gif A little while ago, I was at the store with my sister and I don't remember why but I randomly said "le pamplemousse!" Maybe we mentioned something French. I don't remember. But my sister started laughing and she's like, "What is that!?" And I told her it meant grapefruit in French. She thought it was a cool word, so she just kept saying it over and over laugh.gif which made me laugh

sounds familiar...
    that same sort of thing happened to me too
  • i once yelled 'duble bas kager' in an Ikea. I don't know what came over me.
    A bit of topic but, at said trip to Ikea there was this man wearing the same looking outfits as the ikea people (the yellow jacket and black pants) and it was the funniest thing because i almost walked up to him and asked him the price of something until i noticed the lack of Ikea emblems on the uniform and that he had his kids w/ him. But he was a very convincing 'Ikean' he even was speaking swedish! haha, anyway I thought it was pretty awesome.
  • So, at the DeKalb show, a random fan gives Damian a silver glitter Jesus piggy bank. Why? I don't know. Anyway, after the show I talked to Damian and here is a sliver of the conversation we had:

Me: You have some Jesus glitter on your face.
    Damian: Really? Cool.
  • Loving that interview. I think I've forgotten how much I love hearing Damian talk about music. Everything he says sounds poetic somehow.
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 16 2009, 02:25 PM)
    So, at the DeKalb show, a random fan gives Damian a silver glitter Jesus piggy bank. Why? I don't know.

Because Jesus "saves." Get it? Bah dum bum chhhhhh.
  • "I understood what you said; I just didn't do it." ~ Damian That cracks me up every time I think about it.
  • "You never get to the end points. The things you're shooting for will change by the time you get to them, so it's best to learn to enjoy the process." ~ Damian
  • *A well deserved bump*

Audience member: Just wanna ask what that is.

Damian: Er, oh what this is? (points to kaossilator)

AM: Yeah.

Damian: This is magic.

"We broke physics" ~Andy

Damian: I was trying to think of you as a tall black woman and Grace Jones came to mind.

Tim: What else is new?

"That is disgusting and weird for your health...and that doesn't make me feel good about the power of our art in you...makes me feel like a whore" ~ Damian

Kaossilator
  • squashedbanana said:

*A well deserved bump*

"That is disgusting and weird for your health...and that doesn't make me feel good about the power of our art in you...makes me feel like a whore" ~ Damian

Kaossilator

WHERE is that last one from? Intriguing!

• violetchaos364 said:
    squashedbanana said:

*A well deserved bump*

"That is disgusting and weird for your health…and that doesn't make me feel good about the power of our art in you…makes me feel like a whore" ~ Damian

Kaossilator

WHERE is that last one from? Intriguing!

Amber,

That was also from the Ex'pression College accoustic show that was streamed live.  Someone asked if they could have a glove that the guys use with the handbells.

If you haven't seen it yet, you can watch it here under "Ex'pression Sessions."  That show was crazy funny.

And it will be on the Spring Tour USB, too. Smile

• I felt I had to revive this thread just so I could post this: 

"...ooooh.  That wasn't a melody, this was just a bunch of sounds o.O" - damian 

I've been looping the ENE album for the past 2 weeks, and this still brings a smile to my face every time i hear it :)