Interpol

Comments

• #1 Wrecking Ball
    #2 Lighthouse
    #3 Mind Over Time
    #4 Precipitate
    #5 Obstacle 1
    #6 PDA

omg pauls glasses are the cutest thing ever!!! ah he's adorable!
    when the video finished "My lovely Paul" by Vinca15 came up!! wub.gif it's really good!!

can i get the SPIN article online somewhere?? mabye you could scan it for me?? smile.gif
  • ^^
    omg, yes! ahh, biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and JB, i'd love to scan it for u, but i dont have one...ahhh

i think i might be able to take some pics of he mag, but they'll look totally crappy.
    theres this exclusize spin.com interview, supposedly, but i've searched for it and i can't find it...

ill do my best smile.gif
  • sjfhsGFU I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY SPIN YET where is it!!!!

haha and I totally didn't mean to hit caps lock just then
    but oh well.

grrr youtube is being slow... but I'm sure the interview is incredible...
  • ^^
    awww sad.gif
    and yeah, it is!!

ok, maybe u can see this one:
    http://blueroom.att.com/inc_mediaplayer/pl...=3123&m%20=
    its only daniel and carlos...and of course, daniel talks A LOT!

EDIT: that paul interview i was telling u guys about, the cocaine one, well, someone on the IMB translated it. its not perfect, but its something.
    I PRETENDED LIKE NO ONE ELSE/ TO TRY TO CONTROL MYSELF [ Not Even Jail – Antics 2004]
    The next day there was an interview in the boring hotel room. I could ask about everything! But first: calm down. Close examination in the daylight. Patient is healthy.
    - Hey, you look well! So healthy!
    - You too
    - You look like Bullock from the ‘Deadwood’.

Bullock is a dubious Hero of the contemporary American TV series- HBO Western and Carlos looks just like him: the same hairdo, the same beard, the same tie. He is glad that I acknowledged that. The interview however is taken later with Paul in the library, in the leather antelope color like armchairs, smoking like crazy, but Paul looks good. He changed healthy, no shadows under eyes, confident, calm look. Is the phase of self-destruction over? A part of Rest my chemistry emphasizes that: : I haven’t slept for two days/ I bathed in nothing but sweat/ my friends they come/ and the lines they go by/ Tonight I’m gonna rest my chemistry/.
    ‘Yes we were totally into that all, I was so exhausted, didn’t sleep till 4 AM, 4 days a week. Everything was going down like a stream. My girlfriend left me and I was living in a hotel continuing my self-destruction. Sometimes I didn’t go out at all.

Shame is the worst.
    This was the best thing after I had finished with all this. I was waking up in the morning and I clearly remembered everything that had happened at night. And I wasn’t regretting anything. No shame at all.

So why one do this self-destruction? Not because it’s cool I guess?
    Of course not. I think that we set ourselves obstacles as some kind of challenges, when we are bored and we don’t feel fulfilled in life. In moments like these we have to overcome the guilt, the shame, the pain. A man is going to a jail from where he can interprete the reality again. This is some king of sport ambition, an exercise. Earlier, I used to go totally stoned to school. I used to sit in a total paranoia in the class. Everything was deadly boring but I at least had my paranoia that I had to fight with.

Boredom is important
    Sure. It’s the engine, it’s the point where the creativity starts.

In the end Interpol is a surface. But what is behind one can make up nicely. There are no stories, scandals, no concrete declarations.

Surface, yes, but there is a heart behind it! We’re not actors. We love music. Everything that is inside us and what we can offer is in the music. I hate interviews. There is nothing more to say.

We can however pose a quiestion, where do the forces to completely give yourself to the music come from. You need courage to do that!
    Yes, you need to let go the fear of loss. This is a privilege to be able to feel the defeat. You don’t deserve the success if you haven’t lost at all.

And what do to when you actually lose?
    You stand up and start all over again. This is what it’s all about.

And where does this fear of losing comes from? From vanity?
    I’m vain. And I change the defeat into fetish. I think it is a fear of losing confidence. Our attitude is dictated by fear in great extend. It is the fear that controls our behavior in the society. You need to give yourself to this fear. You look at each and every new face as a newbie. You can’t be an expert if you do something for the first time.

Maybe it’s easier to dream for entire life that you are a musician, painter or a writer than actually state one day that you really are one?
    It’s a huge fear that we all have. I’d like to write a book myself but I’m scared that I won’t be able to impress myself. But this can’t be the sole reason to not even try at all.

And what about the black hole?

The hole is incorporated into that all. You need to cope with it. If you contradict its existence you will stop trying to fill it up.

Great: say YES! Do you remember a moment when you thought: ok, it’s like it is, I live with it but now I work!?
    I remember a moment when I decided to embrace the possibility of defeat.

When, how, where?
    It was night, I was in Chinatown and I was heading home. I worked for the magazine that time and I was making music more as a side project. It was a good job, dependable and comfortable, but this night I decided to devote my entire time to the music. There wasn’t even the smallest guarantee that I will be able to make a living of that. but it was ok. At that moment I embraced the idea of being poor, the solitude and the defeat, completely, totally. I think this is the only right way.

A decision like this one is like a release. Like your music. You can stall hear the realease as here everything goes up from dark, vague.
    These are the intentions of an artist. To raise feeling that will free you. It works in art, in life it’s much more difficult. Things in life don’t follow any structure, very often they are illogical and you can’t always control them. Creating art you can control life. You create your own world.

Maybe creating your own world you feel the surrounding world closer to yourself and diminish the feeling of solitude?
    With my music I make a connection between me and the world outside. Creating art is a way of telling people and the world things I cannot tell them. This is a chance to have a contact with the world.

And despite that you sometimes go through the city and you can’t stand the faces and on the next day you don’t have enough of this.
    These are little demons in your head that play with you. But this is a crazy ride isn’t it?

sad.gif wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jul 16 2007, 02:51 PM)
    u guys, i was bored AGAIN!

HOW CUTE!!!!!!!!!!!
    aw smile.gif
  • awh
    poor paul
    but it's good that he got over it all.

and the last bit, about fear and life and stuff, that was really interesting. and deep =P extremely deep

If he wrote a book, I would so totally read it.
  • ^^
    i know!!
    he should write a book...

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

and then have a book signing in l.a. and sign my book and see me and fall in love and yeah...omg
  • the one thing i don't like about interpol:
    half the time i don't understand what the song is about!!!
    sad.gif man they are just too smart for me.
  • ^^
    awww, neither do i!!!

but thats what i like. idk y. its the mystery of everything they do that makes me love them so!!!!

ahhhhhh

wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

ah, i should really do my hw.
  • hah, I don't think we're supposed to get what the song's about.
    individual lines, maybe.
    but whole songs? never.

I like that Paul refuses to say what his lyrics mean, though. It's much more rewarding to figure out what songs mean to you, instead of to the person who wrote it. I mean, if Paul was writing narrative lyrics, that would be one thing, but abstract lyrics like his shouldn't be explained.

the only songs that I know for sure the meaning of are Stella, and No I in Threesome. Which, coincidentally, are the two songs about, uh.....well, you know. tongue.gif I'm sure that says something about Paul, but I don't think I want to know what. laugh.gif

although with that article you just posted, Vinnie, the probablity of Roland being about cocaine just rose a ton. Although I'm still really skeptical about that. but whatever.
  • ^^
    haha

awww, wub.gif paul

i was read his "sexual horoscope" cuz, idk, i kind of believe in that stuff, and yeah, uummm, taurus's r like that...ummm, very, ya know!
    hahah

im kind of scary, haha.
  • "Sexual horoscope?"

laugh.gif

Hey, I'm a Taurus...
  • ^^
    laugh.gif laugh.gif

hmmm, idk about this courtney

now i see y ur always talking about wesley's meatballs haha
  • Um...

What exactly did it say?

laugh.gif

AND THAT'S NOT THE REASON WHY!

I'm just witty and make fun of everything.
  • ^^^

laugh.gif laugh.gif

haha, ok...
  • Just because my zodiac sign can run around and run over tons of Spanish men doesn't mean you have to go around hating me. you're just jealous because all you have is a lion and I'm a bull and people talk about my crap all the time.

tongue.gif
  • ^^
    laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
    haha, awww

pics of the spin mag (horrible but sexy!):

(as soon as i can get a hold of a scanner or someone on the IMB scans it then ill post it here)

EDIT: new interview w/ daniel and paul
    part 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rV5mP95su7o
    part 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tvchx-EWzbI&NR=1
  • ahhh that's beautiful I can't wait for mine to come!! I knew there was a reason I subscribed...

and hey, I'ma Taurus too. tongue.gif yay for me&Courtney&Paul and Carlos too!!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jul 20 2007, 01:28 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=128049
    awww, wub.gif paul

i was read his "sexual horoscope" cuz, idk, i kind of believe in that stuff, and yeah, uummm, taurus's r like that...ummm, very, ya know!
    hahah

im kind of scary, haha.

yes, yes you are...

and i'm so glad beacuse we can be scary together!!!! wub.gif

Thanks for the photos!!! They are indeed very sexy! i really hope someone can scan them because I know my friend will love that photo of Carlos! laugh.gif

Ooo on the train that friend and I came up with an amazing way to listen to Interpol!! We were trying to make two mp3 players work for three people so we made a little chain and the person in the middle (me) had one earphone from each player. Because my zen was slower the songs were out of sync with each other: it sounds fantastic!!
    We experimented the whole way home; sometimes playing different songs and sometimes the same. btw Heinrich Maneuver sounds amazing!
  • whats my horoscope?!
    i'm an aquarius smile.gif

oh yeah and..
    <3 Wrecking Ball.. like a lot.