In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 23 2008, 04:50 AM)
    AHHHHHHHHH

kso:

Jacqui, you are so lucky! that is epic beyond belief!

(I can't believe you didn't try to stalk the boys. they were right there!! )
    (but it's okay, cause now you might look somewhat sane to an outsider... )

and seriously, that sounds like an amazing concert! I bet the boys were showing off for the cameras, and it sounds like an amazing concert anyways- the energy and the crowd and the happiness of our boys! aww, and Paul at the end- not much could have excited him that much

and the cameras- they're gonna be on tv!!!! and you might be on it too!!!
    if you can find some way for us non-Aussies to see it, I would love you forever and ever.
    not that I don't already love you.
    but seriously
    I would pay to see that concert! especially since I won't get annoyed when they show the crowd instead of the boys, like I usually do, but I'll be looking for you instead!
    bahaha

and those pictures- Carlos' blond-ness makes him look like a peacock! which is oddly fitting...
    and Daniel :wub and Paul and Sam look lovely, as always.

and aww, Dave- he must get posessed while he's playing, like Howard Moon... maybe only when he forgets to wear his hat?

haha! I wish I had looked sane. Before every concert I tell myself, 'this time you will remain in control of your body and your emotions'... doesn't happen. And I really should have stayed behind after the show to stalk them. It turns out quite a few people got to meet them. omg and this roadie bitch told my friend the band had already left. (I already didnt like this roadie cause she didnt give me a setlist) wtf i hate her.

aww yeah, i'd heard so much about them being boring or whatever when they perform but that couldn't be further from the truth. I just hope the epic-ness translates onto the screen! Seriously, I am planning to get in contact with Triple J and inform them that my first born can be theirs and all they have to do in return is secure a copy of the whole set for me. It seems pretty much impossible at the moment, but rest assured, I will try ;]
    And if they happen to air the whole thing by some amazing stroke of fortune and if there's no other way I will burn you all copies of it on DVD and mail them to your homes!

laugh.gif Ah, that image fits Carlos wonderfully! Oooh and he's such a flirt too. Yes, it's perfect!
    And that so must be the case with Dave laugh.gif he totally had these moments where he forgot there was no hat and regained control of his eyes!

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 23 2008, 11:13 AM)
    oh my goodness!!! awww, i'm glad you had such a wonderful time.
    god, that sounded amazing! you touched sammy?!?!? awww!! too bad you couldn't hold on forever sad.gif he does seem very strong though wub.gif

ah! i love it when they look at each other and smile. that's just so precious. and paul and carlos?!? goodness!! that would have made my pants explode.

omigosh. your shirts look totally sexy!
    that's an amazing set list (i totally know what you mean about the olta songs, btw)

paul's hair is soo long!
    and we might get to see this?!?!?!?!?!?!?? FUCK ME! ahhh!!

now the horrible depression

I swear, Paul and Carlos are banging each other behind everyone's back. It was pretty obvious the two are in love.

Haha, thanks! Everytime Paul sang a lyric from our shirts we'd point at them like crazy people. I especially enjoyed it when they played Stella and I got to point to 'CATATONIC SEX TOY LOVE JOY DIVER' across my chest. Anything to get Carlos' attention really wub.gif

I'm glad I'm not the only one. They're just less-epic is all. And that's still good right? Right.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 23 2008, 12:17 PM)
    Oh my god! It sounded like such an amazing show and I'm glad you had such an awesome time!

I can't believe Dave didn't wear his hat! This means he didn't wear it at my show, Angela's show, AND your show. I've never noticed his creepy eyes before, but that's probably because I've always been in front of Daniel.

And yay for getting to touch Sam!!

Your shirts were wonderful and I don't think you look dodgy at all!

I KNOW! Do you think he does it to trick us because he knows we're DPHW-ing? Hopefully you'll get to see the creepy eyes on telly, although I have a feeling poor Dave will get next to no screen time =[

Hehehe, Sam was so sweaty and strong ohmy.gif wub.gif Oh and thank you! I have to tell my friends you guys liked the shirts =D

If I happen to turn up in the crowd when this airs then I'm quite sure you'll completely change your mind about my dodginess!

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Feb 24 2008, 11:32 PM)
    JACQUI!!!!

That was such an incredible write up and if that's you at your incoherent, mind-blown best, I'd like to see what you can produce when you haven't just witnessed the freaking amazingness that is Interpol!

Those shirts were such a good idea! And it was clear that you were the top fans there, dumb security guard or no. I loved that you used the word 'dodgy'. Such a great Australianism. And no, you don't look dodgy at all!

And you got a magical touch from Sam? I know that sounds very }:], but it's not supposed to be! I loved how you screamed at him!!! Haha, I probably would've too!!

Oh oh oh! I love your descriptions of all the boys! It sounds like they need to lessen up on the smokeys, if Paul was getting all puffed! And that bit about Farmer Dave is hilarious!! Is he really that creepy? And those are the first pics I've seen of Carlos's new look! No 'stache and the hair!

Wow, the concert is going to be broadcast on abc2? How do you get abc2? I only get abc1 I think. Is abc2 on free to air tv?

But it's so nice to hear them being all happy and smiling at each other! Awwww!

I'm so glad you had such a great time!!!

And thank you so much to everybody for welcoming me back! You are all so nice and I truly did miss all of you while I was away!
    So it wasn't the real Norman (as in from 'Evil' clip)? Aww, but its pretty cool that some fan made one!!!

Thanks Angela! I did get my inexpensive, white boots. And they are the shizz. Now I jus have to wait until it's cold enough so I can wear them!

Hahaha! Thanks!! I can't believe you guys actually read all my ramblings wub.gif

Dodgy is one of my favourite words ever, it conveys so much and when you say it with proper bogan gusto it's just... love

But seriously, if you do see Sam somewhere I suggest not screaming because he totally tried to run away from me after that. Even my friends noticed the fear in his eyes... I STILL GOT THE HEALINGZ THOUGH! I feel so healthy now

I think that was the first time in my life I actually enjoyed breathing cigarette smoke cause I kept telling myself that it had been inhaled by Carlos and maybe Paul laugh.gif That's so freaky.
    Idk, he's probably not that creepy. Hey, maybe that's his 'You guys ROCK!' face unsure.gif

abc2 is a digital channel I think? Bloc Party are on tonight and they're only playing 30 minutes =[ that's why I have to get in touch with TripleJ. I don't want all that footage going to waste!
    I remember when JTV used to play whole live sets...

I'd love to see a picture of these boots please? You're very stylin Jodie!

QUOTE (amberdino @ Feb 25 2008, 04:55 AM)
    Wow Jacqui!!
    Seems like you had an amazing experience!! Yaaaaaay.
    I'm so jealous but so happy for you!

Thanks Ambie!!! I just really really hope I can show you guys the amazingness of it all. Then you actually can share the experience with me!

edit:
    omg
    i think imaginary!paul got into my paper this morning...
  • It's official, that reviewer guy is a jerk off. And while I know I'm biased, I just don't care. YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THOSE THINGS ABOUT OUR BOYS!!

And Imaginary!Paul made some very good points (as well as some hilarious ones!). Like how would the reviewer know what was going on at the front if he was sitting down in the stands anyway?

Loser.

I'll join you in petitioning for the full concert footage of Interpol and will too, offer my first born child. Yes. It does mean that much to me. What do I do? Email them?
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Feb 25 2008, 01:46 AM)
    I KNOW! Do you think he does it to trick us because he knows we're DPHW-ing?

I'd love to see a picture of these boots please? You're very stylin Jodie!

edit:
    omg
    i think imaginary!paul got into my paper this morning...

Hahaha. I think you're right. He's probably doing it just to mess with us! That Dave should take some lessons from Imaginary!Dave. He always wears his hat!

I second that request Jodie!

That interviewer is definitely an idiot. I love Imaginary!Paul's comments though!
  • ahhh yeah!
    I forgot to say how much I adored Imaginary!Paul's newspaper-fixing-abilities biggrin.gif

I think we need to plan a way to get Dave's hat permanently glued to his head. Both for our own amusement, and to stop any chance of his being posessed and creepy-eyed again.
    Then again, the DPHW wouldn't be half as fun.
    hmmm....
  • Yeah, a bunch of ones isn't any fun to look at! If he isn't wearing it the next time Interpol comes around, I think I'll just throw a hat at him. It can be like one of those carnival games where you try to get the ring around the prize, except it will be try to get the hat on the Dave.
  • maybe he really needs more hats, maybe it's the lack of variety that's keeping him away from his hats...
    or maybe if we throw hats at him, he'll get the hint...
    either way
    I think we should biggrin.gif
    plus it would just be fun haha
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Feb 26 2008, 06:12 PM)
    It's official, that reviewer guy is a jerk off. And while I know I'm biased, I just don't care. YOU DON'T GET TO SAY THOSE THINGS ABOUT OUR BOYS!!

And Imaginary!Paul made some very good points (as well as some hilarious ones!). Like how would the reviewer know what was going on at the front if he was sitting down in the stands anyway?

Loser.

I'll join you in petitioning for the full concert footage of Interpol and will too, offer my first born child. Yes. It does mean that much to me. What do I do? Email them?

Fo sho! It annoys me especially because this guy is a fan of the music yet made no effort to secure himself a good spot. Some of my friends got there 20 minutes before YG were supposed to start and they managed 3rd row in front of Paul. SO DONT WHINGE ABOUT NOT BEING ABLE TO SEE THEM!
    honestly!

http://www.triplej.net.au/about/contact.htm so I found that... which led me to a program guide and then this: http://www.triplej.net.au/tv/concerts/default.htm where we should supposedly find a guestbook or email form, but I haven't had any luck yet sad.gif

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Feb 27 2008, 08:14 AM)
    ahhh yeah!
    I forgot to say how much I adored Imaginary!Paul's newspaper-fixing-abilities biggrin.gif

I think we need to plan a way to get Dave's hat permanently glued to his head. Both for our own amusement, and to stop any chance of his being posessed and creepy-eyed again.
    Then again, the DPHW wouldn't be half as fun.
    hmmm....

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 27 2008, 02:12 PM)
    Yeah, a bunch of ones isn't any fun to look at! If he isn't wearing it the next time Interpol comes around, I think I'll just throw a hat at him. It can be like one of those carnival games where you try to get the ring around the prize, except it will be try to get the hat on the Dave.

laugh.gif
    I love the idea of throwing hats on/at him!! Damn, I would have made him an even awesomer big pimpin' hat than the one he already has!
    And we almost bought feathers for the shirts too...
    If only I'd known about his trickery.
  • Yes I shall definitely show you my extra cool boots. They're not very Vince Noir, but I like 'em anyway. I just need to do some fiddling with my camera and then it should work ok.

I looked at those jtv sites and I have to say that I'm not really sure how this all works! Does abc2 regularly show full length concerts? What am I writing to them again? I can't find an email address to write to them about it sad.gif

Hahaha, I love all these ideas for throwing hats at Dave. What if he gives up on the hats entirely? Then what's gonna happen to the DPHW? There's going to be a lot of zeroes I'll tell you!
  • Yes! I can't wait to see them, Vince Noir-like or not biggrin.gif

I can't figure it out either! I'm thinking it might be easiest to just send an identical email to each of the addresses. Surely someone will take note?
    Basically what I want to know is, if they know when it will be airing, if the whole set will be played and if it isnt going to be, would they kindly send it to me laugh.gif it could happen...

Yeah. But that'll have to wait until tomorrow because I'm going to sleep! Night all xx

• Okay, I sent those emails, but I haven't received anything back yet. Fingers crossed!

Well, I've been moseying around flickr and have found a crapload of pics of Interpol from Brisbane! There's probably more on the Sydney and Melbourne shows, but here are some cool linkies.

These are the ones that my friend Danielle took.
    Pictures!

And this person took some amazing pictures.
    More pictures!

This one is a personal fave.
  • Ah I feel bad, I haven't sent any emails off! If I haven't done it by tomorrow afternoon you gotta come over here and give me a good beating.

Haha, I think I found your friend's pics during one of my recent flickr hunts. Her live photos are amazing and she got a wicked spot in the mosh!
    The other account is also fantastic. I think your favourite is one of mine too wub.gif Those arms are too good to be true!

Got that from the tele this morning!
    I'm beginning to wonder if that Paul look-alike I spotted ages ago in a Ute might have been Real!Paul Banks after all!!
    It's such a cute little interview... but I'm scared to post it on the imb sad.gif
  • awww, that is a cute interview smile.gif
    we're supposed to read Dr Faustus this year! haha now I'll be thinking of Paul the whole time whenever we do read it wub.gif
    and yeah, haha, it might be smart not to show the imb that last bit- maybe you could photoshop it out? hahaha that's so awful.

those pics are lovely, too, Lola smile.gif
  • i love those pics jodie! so pretty. i'm glad your friend got a good spot. i hate those butt munches that get there an hour before the show and rush up to the front. mad.gif i don't like that paul's hair is so long. it looks so nappy :/

thanks for the interview jb! awww. i'm disgusting too!! me and paul should be disgusting together tongue.gif };]

i want to read that book now! tell me if it's good milky. i have like 30 books that i want to read..........i just keep on buying and buying.

omg omg omg omgogomg i saw penelope saturday. ugh!! i wanted to violate the movie screen. james is so wonderful!!! ahhhhhh!! i molested the movie poster on the way out tongue.gif one of the kids from school works at the movie theater and my friend is going to ask if we can get penelope posters. gahhh. looking at that face every day is going to kill me biggrin.gif (oh, and i saw children of dune too...james shirtless!!!!!!!!!! biggrin.gif }:] biggrin.gif }:] biggrin.gif }:] biggrin.gif }:] biggrin.gif }:] biggrin.gif }:])
  • Oh Jacqui, there's no need for a beating hahahah! In any case, I'm sure they'll air some of it on tv. I was very polite in my email. Perhaps I should send another one? Like an angry letter that GOB would write in nothing but natural sunlight? Ahhh, don't worry about me, I've just been watching a lot of AD.

Great little interview! Haha, he likes utes!!! And hats! And he's disgusting! (I doubt it!)

Why wouldn't you post it on the imb? Are they very anti-Helena or something?

I've been looking for something good to read! Tell me how Dr Faustus goes too Milky! Although, seeing as it's a school-prescribed book...I have prejudices (*remembers reading 12 Angry Men *shudders*)

Hahaha, 'butt muches' is such a good word. Where do you come up with these things Angela?! Yeah, Paul's hair is too long I reckon. Time for a haircut I say! Hahaha.

James...Is this the J-Mac? Or is it the J-Master? I can't keep track!

This totally doesn't belong to this thread, but I just found out that a guy who looks EXACTLY like Paolo Nutini is in love with a friend of mine. I am suitably jealous.
  • hehehe...
    James McAvoy is J-Mac,
    John Simm is J-Master biggrin.gif

so J-Mac is in Penelope- which I really, really need to see wub.gif especially if he's that adorable in it!!
    but what is this Children of Dune? *is curious*

and haha, I have no clue if we'll actually read Dr. Faustus, I just know it's on the senior list. We never get through all the books on the lists, so it's up to the teacher what he wants us to read, and when.

And I don't actually know, I try to avoid the IMB as much as possible, but I would assume there would be a large number of them who were very anti-Helena wink.gif laugh.gif Not only is she Paul's girlfriend, but it means he's dating a real celebrity.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Mar 5 2008, 07:39 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=161011
    so J-Mac is in Penelope- which I really, really need to see wub.gif especially if he's that adorable in it!!
    but what is this Children of Dune? *is curious*

omg, yes. incredibly adorable. it would have been better if he didn't have to do an american accent though. they're so boring sad.gif

oh, and its this sci-fi tv series. it's about something...haha, i forgot...he was just so pretty!!
  • hahaha biggrin.gif
    well, I suppose I should watch it- J-Mac and sci-fi?? wub.gif
    and I love tv shows cause there's so much more footage of the actors hahaha

• QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 4 2008, 12:15 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=160917
    i think it's because they delete everything that has to do with their personal lives.

exactly. but I guess it was ok, someone else posted it and the thread is still there. although, whoever did start the thread should know i totally beat them. yeah! i posted in the australian thread because everyone there is friendly and they don't care about rules and shit wub.gif

Oh oh oh and Milky, I would also like to know about the book! Even if I don't have time to read it... just having it will be enough *sigh* Now I have to go study again.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 6 2008, 02:06 AM)
    hahaha biggrin.gif
    well, I suppose I should watch it- J-Mac and sci-fi?? wub.gif
    and I love tv shows cause there's so much more footage of the actors hahaha

haha, yesss! i haven't finished watching it though. its like three hours and i think i'm missing another hour and a half.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 6 2008, 10:53 AM)
    You have to get me one too!!! Please? I'll do something to pay you back... or Imaginary!Sam will }:]

I need to see that. Where did you get it from?

laugh.gif I hope they get back to us!
    Also, the interview with Carlos and Paul will be on ABC2 this Monday at 8.30pm, apparently. Did I even send you guys the link to that interview? I can't remember... I meant to. Yeah, I definitely meant to...

It's ok guys! You can relax, he's had a little trim:
    How phucking steamy does he look?! wub.gif
    Oh man. It's killing me. The little smirk while singing thing, AH! and he looks so smooth.............

she asked him and all he had was cut outs of this panda movie =( i'm sure they sell them around here, and of course i'll get you one! (you shouldn't be pimping sam out like that though! i'm sure he doesn't appreciate it. bad bad).

oh, i downloaded it. omg. there's this one part. he like caresses his man boob. i died. and then came back to life and then died again. it was the best.

=O no! or at least i don't think so. you must send a link!! just in case.

=O wub.gif =O wub.gif =O wub.gif =O
    well that picture is just LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. i love smirks. omg they better come back soon.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 8 2008, 07:33 AM)
    she asked him and all he had was cut outs of this panda movie =( i'm sure they sell them around here, and of course i'll get you one! (you shouldn't be pimping sam out like that though! i'm sure he doesn't appreciate it. bad bad).

oh, i downloaded it. omg. there's this one part. he like caresses his man boob. i died. and then came back to life and then died again. it was the best.

=O no! or at least i don't think so. you must send a link!! just in case.

=O wub.gif =O wub.gif =O wub.gif =O
    well that picture is just LOVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLYYYYYYYYYY. awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww. i love smirks. omg they better come back soon.

laugh.gif I think you'll find Sam loves it. And I know you do too! ooooh }:]

hahaha! he doesnt have moobs! he has pecs!!!

OK, download the audio interview here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/4c2q4y
    and the video is yet to be uploaded to the imb. I watched it this arvo and I have never seen all Paul's moles clearer. You can't tell with a lot of pictures but his arms are almost totally covered in freckles. Too cute!
    I won't spoil any more wink.gif

On Saturday there was an interview with Paul and Carlos on Video Hits (I told you it's worth watching sometimes, Jodie tongue.gif ) and that can be found by going ....> http://videohits.com.au/video.htm?channel=...nterpol1_050308 <... there