In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 5 2008, 10:06 PM)
    guys, listen, drinking is for losers. losers NOT sexys.

AGREED
    I mean, responsible, age-appropriate, normal drinking is fine, whatever, but the whole getting trashed and partying sort of drinking is totally loser-ish.
    what is the drinking age in Australia, anyways?

and aww, Vinnie, I'm sorry JB ruined it for you sad.gif tongue.gif
  • The drinking age is 18 so we'd prob get arrested if we actually got smashed on the street. I'm thinking champagne. But I'm far more interested in the cake to be honest.

I didn't ruin it! omg sad.gif I posted Hamish and Myles and Josh! They cancel out the other picture....
    Besides, I like it and I have every right to do so.

Vinnie! I missed your comment about the basement. hehe, it's a good idea laugh.gif
  • new video, apparently:
    http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/05/new-interpol-vi.html

it's like some fancy wmp visualisation graphic thing
  • that's reallly cool.
    and impressive, too- that was all done through programming.

• QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 6 2008, 03:44 AM)
    AGREED
    I mean, responsible, age-appropriate, normal drinking is fine, whatever, but the whole getting trashed and partying sort of drinking is totally loser-ish.
    what is the drinking age in Australia, anyways?

and aww, Vinnie, I'm sorry JB ruined it for you sad.gif tongue.gif

yay! we can drink smoothies and stuff and be 389472 times cooler than people drinking beer biggrin.gif

aw, thanks

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 6 2008, 04:32 AM)
    The drinking age is 18 so we'd prob get arrested if we actually got smashed on the street. I'm thinking champagne. But I'm far more interested in the cake to be honest.

I didn't ruin it! omg sad.gif I posted Hamish and Myles and Josh! They cancel out the other picture....
    Besides, I like it and I have every right to do so.

Vinnie! I missed your comment about the basement. hehe, it's a good idea laugh.gif

yay! cake is the best.

yes you did. cuz i told you i hated that picture sad.gif hmm but the rest was pretty sexy.

ohmy.gif how did you miss it?!? and of course it is!

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 7 2008, 03:22 AM)
    new video, apparently:
    http://blog.wired.com/music/2008/05/new-interpol-vi.html

it's like some fancy wmp visualisation graphic thing

that's pretty boring :/ i only watched like 30 sec of it because then my computer broke. OF THE BORING-NESS!

i shouldn't be mean...

GUYS. HORSES ARE COOL.

yay!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 12 2008, 09:57 AM)
    that's pretty boring :/ i only watched like 30 sec of it because then my computer broke. OF THE BORING-NESS!

i shouldn't be mean...

GUYS. HORSES ARE COOL.

yay!

laugh.gif !!
    Yeah, I closed the window. I know I should have given it more of a chance but you know... I could instead be watching Interpol and me on the telly tonight! That's right. Fingers crossed they've got a NEW 'live interpol' video cause I'd much rather watch one where my ugly head doesn't pop up sad.gif

Oh man. Tell me that last bit wasn't said for the reason I think it was said...
  • It was the Heinrich Maneuver! NEW VIDEO WAHOOOO!!

Unfortunately they managed to get in me in quite a few shots and this time I look even worse since the song was much later on in the set. Argh!

Interpol look fab though! I'll ask the nice guy I've spoken to from the imb if he managed to record it so you guys can see too smile.gif
  • tongue.gif I'm sure you looked gorgeous as always, Jacqui smile.gif I can't wait to seee

I liked the video- once I really started looking at the pictures and figuring stuff out it was really interesting, idk, that might just be me

11 days of high school left ever!
    whoooooo
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 12 2008, 10:21 AM)
    Oh man. Tell me that last bit wasn't said for the reason I think it was said...

I have no idea what you're talking about. ;]

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 13 2008, 10:53 AM)
    It was the Heinrich Maneuver! NEW VIDEO WAHOOOO!!

Unfortunately they managed to get in me in quite a few shots and this time I look even worse since the song was much later on in the set. Argh!

Interpol look fab though! I'll ask the nice guy I've spoken to from the imb if he managed to record it so you guys can see too smile.gif

awww, I'm sure you look great! ooo! yes, please ask. I want to see biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 15 2008, 12:49 AM)
    11 days of high school left ever!
    whoooooo

dry.gif you and your stupid school! no fair sad.gif

and just because I can:
    QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 11 2008, 11:57 PM)
    GUYS. HORSES ARE COOL.

!!!!

hehehe

also, I'm working on a video where I give birth to a 17 year old girl. it's epic.
  • I missed everyone's birthdays! I'm so sad!

But I have a good reason - I have been deathly ill with a viral infection for the past week. It sucks and it so friggin' unsexy.

End of high school for you guys!! Eee! Do you guys have this thing that we do called Schoolies where it's basically a week of drunken debauchery the week after you finish Year 12?

Beer is gross. But cake is delicious!!

My head hurts and now I have to lie down.

I can't stop listening to the new Death Cab song!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PsCV61zsdtA&feature=user
  • OK, he didn't record it but you can watch a not-so-good quality one there >> http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tv/ <<

Sorry to hear about that Jodie! My friend had a similar thing the past 2 weeks.

I'm going to Coolum for schoolies! Am I correct in thinking you're near Noosa or did I make that up? Hmm... My point is we should get together and make some sexy times while I'm there!
    I think we established in another thread that the Americans have no schoolies. Aw I miss God. Where did she go?

I don't like the Death Cab dude's voice. I have a lot of trouble getting past annoying vocals... Angela can attest to this. I still don’t like TPC as much as I should. Blech, that guy is a douche! Speaking bad about olta. How dare he?! Learn to sing and then criticize, bitch! tongue.gif
  • nopeeee, no "schoolies" for us Americans.
    I mean, not as a tradition or anything.
    I'm sure there's kids who will, in fact, indulge in drunken debauchery after high school gets out.
    but it's not a given.
    also, drinking age in US=21, so it's even harder to get away with stuff like that.
    *shrug*
    I'm sure it's fun, though tongue.gif

I like DCFC biggrin.gif
    I saw them a year and a half ago, right around the time when "I will follow you into the dark" was HUGE.
    and we were next to these SUPER ANNOYING teenyboppers who only knew the most recent, popular songs, tried to sing along to them at the top of their lungs even though they didn't know the words, and sang/screamed the wrong words all the time, especially when Ben Gibbard was playing "I will follow you into the dark" acoustically, which meant my friends and I couldn't hear any of it.
    yeah.
    it was bad.
    but they ended with Transatlanticism, which is one of my favorite songs, and it was amazing, and the girls next to me didn't know it at all, so they decided they didn't like it and sat down and sulked instead.
    biggrin.gif
    that was good.
  • ^^
    hmmm. dcfc is just meh...my sister was pretty much obsessed with them for a while and I guess it just bugged me :/ I really like Postal Service though.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 16 2008, 06:16 AM)
    I don't like the Death Cab dude's voice. I have a lot of trouble getting past annoying vocals... Angela can attest to this. I still don’t like TPC as much as I should. Blech, that guy is a douche! Speaking bad about olta. How dare he?! Learn to sing and then criticize, bitch! tongue.gif

mad.gif dry.gif rolleyes.gif watch yourself.

oh! and that video was adorable. aww. I miss Interpol. they should do something...like come to my house...

you guys and your schoolies! it sounds like fun sad.gif

jodie! aww, how horrible! I'm glad you're feeling better though. smile.gif

OMG and guys, isn't my sig amazing?!? I think so!! I've included "}:]" and everything. hehe.
  • Thanks for the Interpol vid! It was actually very good quality on my computer!!

I'm going to Coolum for schoolies! Am I correct in thinking you're near Noosa or did I make that up? Hmm... My point is we should get together and make some sexy times while I'm there!
    I think we established in another thread that the Americans have no schoolies. Aw I miss God. Where did she go?

I don't like the Death Cab dude's voice. I have a lot of trouble getting past annoying vocals... Angela can attest to this. I still don’t like TPC as much as I should. Blech, that guy is a douche! Speaking bad about olta. How dare he?! Learn to sing and then criticize, bitch!

Dude, yes!! I DO live up in Noosa! So Schoolies at the end of this year? We should totally meet up and have some sexy sexy times! How exciting! You've already planned it all? That's awesome! Coolum has some very pretty beaches.

OK, I think I totally missed something here. Who is Tommy and why is Angela so obsessed with him (well besides the obvious }:] )? And what is TPC?

I like DCFC
    I saw them a year and a half ago, right around the time when "I will follow you into the dark" was HUGE.
    and we were next to these SUPER ANNOYING teenyboppers who only knew the most recent, popular songs, tried to sing along to them at the top of their lungs even though they didn't know the words, and sang/screamed the wrong words all the time, especially when Ben Gibbard was playing "I will follow you into the dark" acoustically, which meant my friends and I couldn't hear any of it.
    yeah.
    it was bad.
    but they ended with Transatlanticism, which is one of my favorite songs, and it was amazing, and the girls next to me didn't know it at all, so they decided they didn't like it and sat down and sulked instead.

that was good.

Hahaha, that is a great story! Stupid teenyboppers! Grrr, it seems like you're ALWAYS stuck next to a pair of them at concerts and stuff right? Oh, I hope I'm not like that!! I sometimes sing along, but don't know the words to the song, but that's only because I have a really bad memory!

you guys and your schoolies! it sounds like fun

jodie! aww, how horrible! I'm glad you're feeling better though.

Schoolies is alright. If you're into the whole drunken debauchery scene. My friends and I decided not to do that, instead we thought we'd be all individual and cool and go up to a nice tropical island and laze around the beach all day and play xbox at night. Good innocent fun smile.gif

Thanks Angela babe! I'm feeling a lot better now after being in bed all week hahaha!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ May 18 2008, 04:34 AM)
    I like DCFC biggrin.gif
    yeah.
    it was bad.
    biggrin.gif
    that was good.

Crazy bitches!! Maybe it is because I haven't been to many concerts... but I've never had to deal with that junk. If it happens again, like I hope it doesn't but IF it does, tell them Imaginary!Sam and his mob will take 'em down. Muahaha! I love living with an imaginary!mob boss and drummer wub.gif

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 19 2008, 12:18 PM)
    OMG and guys, isn't my sig amazing?!? I think so!! I've included "}:]" and everything. hehe.

OMG no it isn't"! }:[

bahahaha!! jk, of course. You know I love him. I just can't let anyone know, especially you. Ever.

QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 20 2008, 02:09 PM)
    Thanks for the Interpol vid! It was actually very good quality on my computer!

Dude, yes!! I DO live up in Noosa! So Schoolies at the end of this year? We should totally meet up and have some sexy sexy times! How exciting! You've already planned it all? That's awesome! Coolum has some very pretty beaches.

OK, I think I totally missed something here. Who is Tommy and why is Angela so obsessed with him (well besides the obvious }:] )? And what is TPC?

YEYYY! Oh my goodness, this will be epic! I'm gonna be there 22-29 November. I do believe I might have previously said I finish school on December 6. Well that was a LIE. It's NOVEMBER 6. Duh. Bad Jacqui.
    We have all paid our deposits and booked flights so we will definitely be there. Aww we can take the imaginaries to the pretty beaches!!

He's the guitarist for a pretty rubbish band. Something and the JJJsomethings.. I can't remember the proper name, it's ephing long and it's probably best you never know so you won't ever have to listen to them. And good question. I don't think even she knows why...

TPC is Tokyo Police C*nts Club. The singer (at least I think it was him) bagged on olta which might be forgivable IF he KNEW HOW TO SING!

And so Angela won't hunt me down and kill me: I'm sure I am just the one with crazy ears and to everyone else he has the voice of a whiny angel. rolleyes.gif

Picture I have not seen before! ohmy.gif

and this:
    cause he looks so fudging adorable!
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ May 20 2008, 04:09 AM)

Schoolies is alright. If you're into the whole drunken debauchery scene. My friends and I decided not to do that, instead we thought we'd be all individual and cool and go up to a nice tropical island and laze around the beach all day and play xbox at night. Good innocent fun smile.gif

I posted a big Tommy pic a while ago...
    OMG I should tell you how I found out about Tommy...so once upon a time a sexy sent me a link for a video. I watched it. two minutes later I was obsessed with Tommy...YAY!!! and after solving a math problem I've come to see that the universe has brought us together. FATE! hehe.

ohhh ok. well I don't like drinking so that doesn't sound like fun.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 20 2008, 09:26 AM)
    OMG no it isn't"! }:[

bahahaha!! jk, of course. You know I love him. I just can't let anyone know, especially you. Ever.

He's the guitarist for a pretty rubbish band. Something and the JJJsomethings.. I can't remember the proper name, it's ephing long and it's probably best you never know so you won't ever have to listen to them. And good question. I don't think even she knows why...

TPC is Tokyo Police C*nts Club. The singer (at least I think it was him) bagged on olta which might be forgivable IF he KNEW HOW TO SING!

And so Angela won't hunt me down and kill me: I'm sure I am just the one with crazy ears and to everyone else he has the voice of a whiny angel. rolleyes.gif

hmm yes. I know you love this shit.

ohmy.gif yes. that is all very true. they aren't good and I don't know why I'm obsessed...but it just happened...I think it was the hair and stripped pants.

it was the singer that said all that stuff....but then he apologized! goodness. maybe I should stop talking to you because you didn't like FIOE ohmy.gif ohmy.gif that's right. go somewhere with your disgusting comments.

aww, thank you for the pictures! they were adorable <3

(turtlenecks and horses....)
  • OMG EPH YOU!!

We were reading a poem in class today and got a sheet with the title 'First Impressions' and I added 'Of Earth'. I deserve to be here OKAY?! I never said I didn't like it sad.gif I said a few songs suck arse. You agreed!ish

Awww you are welcome sweetiecakes wub.gif
    Thank YOU for that picture. It makes me very happy!
  • ^^
    sure. whatever. I said that I thought one song was not good...(15 minutes omfg *throws up*) but that's it. not that the whole cd was terrible. I'm going to tell Juju when we're cleaning their buses...that way he won't want to assign you to any **special cleaning assignments** ohmy.gif

hmm but that <<of earth>> part is pretty steamy.

GOOD! I'm glad you liked it.

news: I think Tommy's birthday is at the end of April...like Carlos which means he must be in love with himself...so I will dress like him whenever they come to L.A. and Tommy will fall in love with me and the world will be a much better place. and then my wedding which you're all invited to.

(I'm pretty sad, aren't I? hahahah)
  • Not fair! Since when did some songs mean the whole album?
    Like he would even listen to you.
    Anyway, I'm sure he'd appreciate some constructive criticism.

Yeah well I'm glad you're glad I liked it. Cause I really really did. Really. Veins....... wub.gif
    You should paint a picture of him (or just his hands) and send it to him as a late birthday present!
    We know he'll like it because 1. He never gets presents 2. He is in love with himself and 3. The artist is the love of his life.
    Aaaand then he'll have to seek out this wonderful artist, who happens to be his soul mate, & do that marrying thing etc. etc.
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 20 2008, 07:51 AM)
    news: I think Tommy's birthday is at the end of April...like Carlos which means he must be in love with himself...

does this mean I'm in love with myself? sad.gif my birthday is the day before Carlos's, haha.
    I mean, I like myself.
    but I hope I'm not conceited/narcissistic the way Carlos is
    dry.gif

hmm, I like Tokyo Police Club, but I've only heard a little bit and haven't paid much attention to the guy's voice before. My friend loves them, but she also has an obsession with singers who can't really sing. haha.