In this Discussion

Interpol

Comments

• QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ May 20 2008, 12:05 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=164982
    does this mean I'm in love with myself? sad.gif my birthday is the day before Carlos's, haha.
    I mean, I like myself.
    but I hope I'm not conceited/narcissistic the way Carlos is
    dry.gif

hmm, I like Tokyo Police Club, but I've only heard a little bit and haven't paid much attention to the guy's voice before. My friend loves them, but she also has an obsession with singers who can't really sing. haha.

awww, no! you don't seem conceited Milky! only some people...I think Tommy is like Carlos though cuz he's always touching his hair...I'm sure he has a compact...

yes. TPC is great! I like this friend of yours. she sounds very sexy. aww...I met three-fourths of them! they were so nice <3 it was the greatest. my younger brother asked them all for hugs. it was awkward!! good times.

isn't big colorful font great?? I think so!
  • As I have no life I have spent this friday evening at home, by myself, watching television and guess what!! After Black Books ABC2 announced that on Monday night "Triple J finally presents Interpol Live". As in the whole motherfudging thing!

I love that they actually said 'finally', these people sure know how to drag something out...
  • ^^

YAY! Let us know how many times you pop up. tongue.gif

I've been away for so long...for no reason. I'll stop by more often. I promise.

Anyway, here are some little Interpol happenings in my life. I was watching this and they start playing Pioneer to the Falls at around 4:44. I also had an Interpol dream. I was at a concert and for some reason I was sitting on the stage, in between Paul and Daniel and the whole time I was thinking, "I have to takes lots of pictures for the IWIs" but I didn't have a camera with me.
  • awww, cute dream Kalinda! yay for thinking of us biggrin.gif

I've got nothing Interpol related to add, but I bring new obsessions? smile.gif

he's already gone in the beautiful people thread, but he needs more exposure:

Ben Barnes is absolutely GORGEOUS
    slash adorable
    and he's super funny
    and really real/ doesn't act like a big star at all
    and I'm completely obsessed

he plays Prince Caspian in the new Narnia. With a Spanish/Mediterranean accent, too biggrin.gif

here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0dF4t4jzS1w
    he's great at interviews, too

biggrin.gif
  • ^^
    OMG. I don't see it. everyone's like he's so cute, luscious, etc...I saw this one interview and it was somewhat adorable, with the pop band thingy...maybe I'd be more convinced if I saw a picture of his hands....}:]

aww Kalinda, that's a pretty steamy dream. thank you for thinking of us!! that clip was great too!

this is great:
    biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

OH!
  • I haven't been here in ages due to some sucky studying sad.gif Sadness.

Jacqui! I've already put those dates onto my diary. I finish uni on the 15th November, so we are definitely going to have an epic meet up! ZOMG!

I can't believe my question sparked such a heated argument! Okay, not really, but still! Sorry you guys! The world of IwI must be filled with peace, harmony and phucking steamy loafers.

Does this mean, that because I haven't been here much in the past few weeks, that I MISSED INTERPOL LIVE?!

I feel like crying.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jun 4 2008, 10:02 AM)
    Does this mean, that because I haven't been here much in the past few weeks, that I MISSED INTERPOL LIVE?!

I feel like crying.

Aw, don't cry! Someone on the IMB recorded it and I think she's going to post it soon. You can watch part of it online (except it keeps stopping to buffer every two seconds):

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/tv/mediaplay...Interpol%20live

So, I saw a commercial for that Wanted movie and all I can think is, "Damn Angelina Jolie is lucky. She gets to make out with J-Mac!!!!"
  • Oooh thanks Kalinda! I hate it when it stops for buffering grrr!!

I found a friend who doesn't see 'it' in J-Mac. Yeah, you know what I mean. I spent the next hour trying to convince her of J-Mac's sexah-ness, but she just wouldn't have it. I don't know what to do about it!!
  • ohmy.gif You need to find better friends Jodie!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jun 6 2008, 04:39 AM)
    So, I saw a commercial for that Wanted movie and all I can think is, "Damn Angelina Jolie is lucky. She gets to make out with J-Mac!!!!"

AGREED

ohmy.gif

I saw .2 seconds of the commercial, and I was like "James McAvoy!! wub.gif " but then my dad switched away to another channel, but I made him switch back so I could watch the rest of the commercial. I think my family was confused, but I was too busy being jealous of Angelina Jolie to really care smile.gif

and aww, I guess I'm the only one who thinks Ben Barnes is perfectly adorable? I think it might be his personality as much as his looks, cause he's not THAT gorgeous in pictures, but in interviews he makes me complete mush...
    PLus, he's in Narnia, and Narnia is totally awesome- I mean, J-Mac was in the first one biggrin.gif

(and Lola- ohmy.gif ohmy.gif how could anyone not see it in J-Mac?!?! that's ridiculous- she needs like, brain surgery or something. biggrin.gif )
  • I know right? I'd always thought that J-Mac was one of those 'universal' guys. One of those guys who everyone can just see 'it' in. But I was wrong. O boy was I wrong! Yeah I need to get new friends hahaha!

OMG, I went and saw Narnia yesterday and ... Prince Caspian has got it goin' ON!! I could not stop thinking that throughout the entire movie and was pretty much the first thing I said to my friend when the credits started to roll. Ben Barnes is perfectly dishy. Yes I just used the word dishy.
  • smile.gif yay! thanks for the backup Lola biggrin.gif

and yeah, I've never met anyone who didn't think J-MAc was dead sexy. it's weird- unnatural, almost.

awww, I just realized, we've been ignoring our Imaginaries!! ohmy.gif sad.gif
    or at least, not giving each other updates on them like we used to sad.gif

Daniel was pretty frustrated with me for a while, but now that I'm out of school (forever! well, high school, that is) I'm getting to spend a lot more time with him.
    He came to the beach with my friends and I on Sunday. It was a perfect day for beach-ing, and we had a lot of fun.
    We've spent the last two days avoiding the gross humidity and heat. With varying degrees of success.
    Apparently, Klondike bars are a weakness of his smile.gif especially when it's suffocatingly hot out- we really hope it gets cooler soon so that he doesn't screw up his healthy eating plan too much.

how are all the others?

• Well, I dragged Dave to a graduation on Wednesday, which did not make him happy. He enjoyed getting dressed up, but he was bored out of his mind because he didn't know a single person in the 600+ people class. He's coming with me to both of the concerts I'm going to next week, so he's excited about that!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ May 28 2008, 11:28 AM)
    YAY! Let us know how many times you pop up. tongue.gif

I haven't been on here for ages but I just had to come back for your birthday wub.gif
    Haha, I completely lost count of the number of times I popped up. It was awful. My face, why is it like this???

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ May 28 2008, 01:49 PM)
    imageimage
    imageimage
    imageimage

wub.gif

QUOTE (LolaBert @ Jun 5 2008, 03:02 AM)
    I haven't been here in ages due to some sucky studying sad.gif Sadness.

Jacqui! I've already put those dates onto my diary. I finish uni on the 15th November, so we are definitely going to have an epic meet up! ZOMG!

I can't believe my question sparked such a heated argument! Okay, not really, but still! Sorry you guys! The world of IwI must be filled with peace, harmony and phucking steamy loafers.

I feel like crying.

This is so brilliant! I can't wait biggrin.gif

I said I would upload it if no one else did but I just don't have time and I've sort of forgotten how to do it... soon, maybe.

Jodie, just say the word and Sam will deal with the anti-j-mac friend wink.gif
  • GUYS MY 6000th post!! ohmy.gif +*INTENSE*+

anyway, my present to Kalinda:
    yes. that's J-Mac and Tommy neeeeeked...nips...sexy, indeed.

I finally saw Prince Caspian and Ben is pretty adorable, but that Peter fellow....OMG *molests* he was too sexy. especially when he got all mad and junk. there definitely should have been man-love between Ben + Peter.

JP isn't up to much. he's excited about summer and eating mangoes again. biggrin.gif fun!

gahh, Milky, I don't know how you can be excited about leaving high school. I'm so sad and depressed about it.

pic spam time! woo!

WINAGE.
  • lhgal;kdhflasjdfhaldjfghsldjgh Daniel with aviators.
    asdajhsdfljadhajhgsdf
    wub.gif
    wub.gif all the other pictures tooo (Sam w/ the hat and glasses, mmm)

aww, Vinnie, I'm sad about leaving high school too! but it's also exciting, because let's face it, high school was pretty shitty sometimes, and also, that means COLLEGE next year! which is exciting!
    and the whole being pretty much all grown up, that's pretty rad too.
    Idk, mostly it's very bittersweet...

and YES! so much sexual tensions between Caspian/Ben and Peter/William wub.gif wub.gif
    and I'm glad seeing the movie turned you biggrin.gif
    he really is too adorable for words.

and your drawing for Kalinda is cute, haha

aww, Jacqui, but now your face is forever within a couple of feet of Interpol, immortalized on tape! How awesome is that!
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jun 15 2008, 09:33 AM)

omfg!!!!
    wub.gif
    whoa
    You see that Imaginary!Sam? See how good your pappa looks? Now copy him.

Vinnie, that picture for Kalinda is adorable! laugh.gif Naked tommy and j-mac! And paul is all moley, awww.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Jun 15 2008, 10:37 AM)
    aww, Vinnie, I'm sad about leaving high school too! but it's also exciting, because let's face it, high school was pretty shitty sometimes, and also, that means COLLEGE next year! which is exciting!
    and the whole being pretty much all grown up, that's pretty rad too.
    Idk, mostly it's very bittersweet...

and YES! so much sexual tensions between Caspian/Ben and Peter/William wub.gif wub.gif
    and I'm glad seeing the movie turned you biggrin.gif
    he really is too adorable for words.

and your drawing for Kalinda is cute, haha

aww, Jacqui, but now your face is forever within a couple of feet of Interpol, immortalized on tape! How awesome is that!

I'd be excited too! I have soooo long to go yet. I'm only worried about not seeing friends as often.

Haha, I have to see Narnia damnit!

Awww, but it's a sweaty face and I got a mega close up. I think I was probably in it more than Farmer Dave laugh.gif wub.gif Awww
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jun 14 2008, 06:03 AM)
    I haven't been on here for ages but I just had to come back for your birthday wub.gif
    Haha, I completely lost count of the number of times I popped up. It was awful. My face, why is it like this???

wub.gif Aww, thank you for coming back! And your face is beautiful!

QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Jun 14 2008, 04:33 PM)
    GUYS MY 6000th post!! ohmy.gif +*INTENSE*+

anyway, my present to Kalinda:
    yes. that's J-Mac and Tommy neeeeeked...nips...sexy, indeed.

wub.gif wub.gif That's the best present ever!

I think that was a very good 6000th post! I love the DJ Sam and b&w Daniel pics.

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Jun 14 2008, 06:45 PM)
    Haha, I have to see Narnia damnit!

Awww, but it's a sweaty face and I got a mega close up. I think I was probably in it more than Farmer Dave laugh.gif wub.gif Awww

I still haven't seen Narnia yet either! I haven't been to a movie theater in ages.

Aw, poor ol' Real Dave. Never gets any love.
  • Imaginary!Paul update - A new friend of mine actually thought Paul was real. I don't think I ever fully explained to him the situation with Paul and I kept on talking about him and he (my friend) sorta just assumed that he was my significant other. Then he saw my myspace display pic and thought Paul was actually a girl (it was a picture of my friend and I).

Meanwhile, Imaginary!Paul sat back, drank some milo and watched the proceedings with amusement.

I wish I were here more often.

CONGRATULATIONS on everyone finishing high school!! Be proud of yourselves!
  • hahahahahah Lola, that's truly amazing.

I think that made my day.

biggrin.gif