In this Discussion

Don't Leave Baggage All the Way

edited November -1 in OK Go
This question has been answered smile.gif
Rosa

P.S. Yeah, I know, the title of the album is "Do Not" not "Don't", but this forum doesn't let me edit the title dry.gif

Comments

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Aug 4 2007, 07:25 AM)
    Hola smile.gif
    As most of you are aware, Andy's cd previous to being an OK Go band member, Secret Dakota Ring's Don't Leave Baggage All the Way is available only through iTunes at www.secretdakotaring.com Well, after three failed attempts to download the iTunes program into my computer (due to the despiclaby slow internet connection which curses Latinamerica) and momentarily rejoicing after six hours later the damn thing finally downloaded itself into the computer, I find out... I can't buy the songs after all because iTunes simply won't accept credit cards issued in countries outside North America and a few western european countries. Being so the situation, I wonder if any kind soul out there will relieve me of my predicament by private messaging or emailing me the songs through yousendit links.

If there's an option I don't know of in order to buy these songs, please tell me, cause it really isn't about the money. Being a (future) lawyer I know and respect the laws concerning copyrighted material, but this really is a special circumstance.

Thanks in advance,
    Rosa

Is it possible for you to select another iTunes store? There are others; the American store is just one of them. Your country may have a store, or there can be another store that accepts the credit card you use. Somewhere in the iTMS is a place to select another "store", and you'd have to create a new account with that store, I believe. Good luck! smile.gif
  • Thanks Karen. smile.gif I looked it up but nope, iTunes is available in these countries only:

Australia
    Austria
    Belgium
    Canada
    Denmark
    Finland
    France
    Germany
    Greece
    Ireland
    Italy
    Japan
    Luxembourg
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Portugal
    Spain
    Sweden
    Switzerland
    United Kingdom
    United States

It says, "If a country is not listed, it means iTunes is not yet available in that country".

I googled it up too and actually came up with literally dozens of complaints by latinamerican users over iTunes not being available anywhere south of the border, I also found there are unconfirmed rumors of iTunes Stores possibly opening in Asia, an article from Chile claiming the second coming of Christ was nearer than an iTunes Chile Store opening and a blog that claimed iTunes Mexico was opening... it ended up being an April Fools' joke and that guy got so many joking/insulting comments... it was very funny actually... mexicans have the best sense of humor in the world, I kid you not, I was there once and man, those guys are hilarious...

Rosa smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Aug 4 2007, 09:40 AM)
    I googled it up too and actually came up with literally dozens of complaints by latinamerican users over iTunes not being available anywhere south of the border, I also found there are unconfirmed rumors of iTunes Stores possibly opening in Asia, an article from Chile claiming the second coming of Christ was nearer than an iTunes Chile Store opening and a blog that claimed iTunes Mexico was opening... it ended up being an April Fools' joke and that guy got so many joking/insulting comments... it was very funny actually... mexicans have the best sense of humor in the world, I kid you not, I was there once and man, those guys are hilarious...

Rosa smile.gif

I don't know if this would work, but if you can check from your end, I have an idea on how to do this and keep things on the up and up.

The iTunes store sells Gift Certificates in denominations from $10 on up. The Gift Certificate can be emailed to the recipient. Since I am in the U.S., I would be happy to buy you a $10 Gift Certificate and have it emailed to you - then you could (theoretically) use the Gift Certificate to buy iTunes from anywhere in the world - this is the part that I'm not sure will work but I'd be willing to try it. Then you could reimburse me the $10 through Paypal or Google Checkout (Google doesn't charge a fee but I don't know if they allow transactions from anywhere in the world, Paypal does, so I'd lose a little bit of money if Paypal is the only way to do this, but I'm okay with that -- I have accounts with both)

Would you be willing to try this? The lowest denomination is $10, so that would be the cost of this experiment. Is $10 enough to get all the songs? Let me know.

EDIT: Oh wait -- this might not work - from iTunes Gift Card terms and conditions:
    This card is redeemable only on the iTunes Store for the U.S. To redeem this card you must have an iTunes Store account, subject to prior acceptance of license and usage terms. To open an account you must be above the age of 13 and in the U.S.

Let me see what else I can find.

2nd EDIT: I DO see that iTunes accepts Paypal. Can you purchase from them using Paypal instead of your credit card? Maybe try that (if you haven't already).
  • thanks keaton, this might actually work...let me see...

Rosa smile.gif
  • I just created a paypal account...but still I'm not allowed to create an account on iTunes so that I might actually buy the songs, a US (or the other previously mentioned countries) credit card is needed for that. Thanks for trying to help anyways.

Rosa
  • Rosa, why don't you email Serious Business (the label that released the SDR CD) and explain the predicament to them? The email to use is contact@seriousbusinessrecords.com. They've sold out of the CDs, I know, but I'm sure they'd be willing to take your money somehow. smile.gif They are still a small enough label that they'll do it for you, methinks.
  • why didn't i think of that before? thanks Rachel smile.gif
  • see SDR WEB SITE !
  • Ooooh yay! I hope it's a contest.
  • If you win how much do you have to pay for it?
  • currently flipping out right now
  • oh wow, that's exciting smile.gif
    as I commented on the site itself, I'm sososo glad I convinced my brother to buy it for me for Christmas.

but good luck to all of you! I can't wait to see what the contest might be, haha.

(ps that story about Gabe Kapler was great. This is why Andy should never have stopped his Ok Go blog.)
  • QUOTE (AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken @ Nov 5 2007, 06:34 PM)
    If you win how much do you have to pay for it?

Well, it was $5 when I bought mine. I think he'll keep it the same.

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 5 2007, 09:02 PM)
    (ps that story about Gabe Kapler was great. This is why Andy should never have stopped his Ok Go blog.)

I was laughing so much when I read that! I forgot how much I missed Andy's blogs.
  • So, has there been any news about this?
  • QUOTE (nostabenitsirhc @ Dec 9 2007, 12:19 AM)
    So, has there been any news about this?

When katieyellow, beasle and I saw him at Northwestern, Katie asked him about it. He said that he found 3 CDs in his car and that he might be doing a contest.

When, where and what the contest is is still TBD.
  • From Serious Business website.

The totally FREE download coming tue Dec 18, 2007. Available only here on this website.
    Here's your tracklist:
    1. HIGGINS - Yes I Know - previously unreleased
    2. BENJI COSSA - Sunset - Between the Blue and the Green (SBR13)
    3. THE TWO MAN GENTLEMEN BAND - William Howard Taft - Heavy Petting (SBR18)
    4. LOOKER - After My Divorce - 'After My Divorce' b/w 'Master's Gone Away' (SBR15)
    5. THE OCTAGON - The Narrow Road to Oku - Nothing But Change (SBR14)
    6. THE UNSACRED HEARTS - I Am Joe - previously unreleased
    7. ROCKETSHIP PARK - Run Away - previously unreleased
    8. KICKSTART - Harmonica - Kickstart (SBR12)
    9. MAN IN GRAY - Stranded - I Can't sleep Unless I Hear You Breathing (SBR11)
    10. DRACULA ZOMBIE USA - Right Makes Might - 'Right Makes Might' b/w 'Long Shot' (SBR17)
    11. SECRET DAKOTA RING - Keep It Down - previously unreleased
  • Ooh that's tomorrow...
  • tomorrow is today smile.gif
  • Has anyone heard Keep It Down yet? I can't listen/download until I get home. Stupid work, grr.