In this Discussion

Don't Leave Baggage All the Way

Comments

• QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 7 2008, 09:48 PM)
    And Benji Cossa is pretty freakin' rad!

He is pretty awesome, there is no denying it.

QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jan 7 2008, 09:59 PM)
    Do those t-shirts run small? I mean, are they very form fitting? Normally I'd get a medium, but I know cool print t-shirts like that are usually on the tight side and then I'd get a large instead. Any suggestions?

It depends on what size you order. The girls medium is pretty form-fitting, but not necessarily tight- though don't put it in the dryer, or it'll shrink on you! The AA girls tees are probably my favourite t-shirts, though. If you ordered the adult size, they run pretty much like regular adult tees. I'd personally order a small, but that's just me. If you want it to be looser, go with a medium or large.

QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 7 2008, 10:43 PM)
    Yay! I was hoping that you got it. I wonder if the others who ordered it are getting goodies, too. And I thought it awesome to get a note from Travis.

I know Rachel did....
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 7 2008, 10:56 PM)
    I know Rachel did....

Yep. Same CD, similar note, same Gents Postcard, and two of the same buttons (I got the SDR button and the Looker button like you, but I got DZUSA and Benji Cossa buttons instead of the other two you have). Benji is great though, there's no denying that (although I already knew that).

You definitely need to check out Looker and the Two Man Gentlemen band though. Need. The word need does not convey just how much you need to listen to that music.
  • A note from Travis?! Lucky!!!

I didn't get any free music, but I did get three buttons- Looker, Benji, & DZUSA.

w00t!

QUOTE (katieyellow @ Jan 7 2008, 07:22 PM)
    i can't wait to get my tshirt!! it was sent to my mom's house... lame. haha i want it NOWWW

Psh! Mine got sent to my grandmas. Who's lame now! tongue.gif
  • I called my mom today and she said that my shirt hasn't come yet. sad.gif I pre-ordered the new TMGB (whoa, it's almost TMBG) cd, so maybe they're waiting until February to ship mine.
  • Browsing youtube I found this vid... and I'm oh so sure it was with this same reasoning pattern that Serious Business got its name laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Jan 11 2008, 02:55 AM)
    I called my mom today and she said that my shirt hasn't come yet. sad.gif I pre-ordered the new TMGB (whoa, it's almost TMBG) cd, so maybe they're waiting until February to ship mine.

2MGB. It avoids confusion. wink.gif
  • Upon listening to Beautfiul Girl for the hundreth time, I finally noticed that there is a background monologue goin' on in the beginning and then a dialogue at the end.

I've got the monologue, but I can't understand the dialogue as the violins are either too loud or the dialogue is too quiet.

Does anyone know where this is from? Play, movie, etc? I'm very curious.

And here's the monologue for those who haven't heard it.

You know what's wrong with you miss whoever you are
    You're chicken and you've got no guts
    You're afraid to stick out your chin and say ok life's a fact (?)
    People do fall in love
    People do belong to each other
    Because that's the only chance anybody's got for real happiness
    And you call yourself a free spirit, a wild thing
    And you're terrified somebody's gonna stick you in a cage
    Baby, you're already in that cage
    You've built it yourself
    And it's not founded (?) in the west by Tulip, Texas (?) or in the east by Samoa (?)
    It's where ever you go because no matter where you run
    You just end up running into yourself
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 17 2008, 01:51 PM)
    Does anyone know where this is from? Play, movie, etc? I'm very curious.

It's from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It took me quite a while to hear it, myself.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 17 2008, 02:47 PM)
    It's from Breakfast at Tiffany's.

It took me quite a while to hear it, myself.

I've never seen that movie. Guess I'll have to rent it sometime.

Oh, and thanks for the answer!
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Jan 17 2008, 03:03 PM)
    I've never seen that movie. Guess I'll have to rent it sometime.

Oh, and thanks for the answer!

Hi....I don't post very often, but I must on this one. Breakfast at Tiffany's is my favorite movie of all time. It's so wonderful, you simply must get your hands on a copy of it!

And, to think that Andy used it in a song - makes me like it even more! Might have to watch it tonight, actually!
  • Oh, how interesting smile.gif
    could anyone with a high tech sound system please tell us what is been said at the end of Beautiful Girl? I can't understand a thing because of the violin... did anyone get that one?
  • QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jan 17 2008, 10:04 PM)
    Oh, how interesting smile.gif
    could anyone with a high tech sound system please tell us what is been said at the end of Beautiful Girl? I can't understand a thing because of the violin... did anyone get that one?

It's also from Tiffany's, though I can't tell what part.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 18 2008, 01:30 AM)
    It's also from Tiffany's, though I can't tell what part.

Thanks smile.gif I'll have to watch that movie then.

Rosa
  • want to know something curious? in that movie there's a man called Rusty, whom the beautiful protagonist almost marries.

btw, the words said in Beautiful Girl's lyrics are, "And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land."

• QUOTE (Surfer Rosa @ Jan 18 2008, 04:23 PM)
    want to know something curious? in that movie there's a man called Rusty, whom the beautiful protagonist almost marries.

btw, the words said in Beautiful Girl's lyrics are, "And it's not bounded in the west by Tulip, Texas, or in the east by Somali-land."

You know, I hit pause and rewind so many times on my iPod, I'm surprised I didn't wear it out. Plus, I'm a little deaf now 'cause I turned the volume so high.

Thanks for the correct words, I'm sure I'll watch the movie some day, just not any time soon.
  • MY STUFF CAME TODAY!!!!!! I fainted from the happiness and excitement and landed directly next to my neatly placed purchases.

• laugh.gif!!!

Geez, K, The Octagon, TWO 2MGB discs, DZUSA, AND Benji Cossa?! I think you might actually have outspent me at SBR!

And look at all those buttons! They're too small for me to see them, which ones did you get?

(You've got brilliant taste, btw. And go you for getting an advance copy of Heavy Petting)
  • laugh.gif laugh.gif You lucky girl! I don't blame you for fainting.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 18 2008, 11:58 PM)
    laugh.gif!!!

Geez, K, The Octagon, TWO 2MGB discs, DZUSA, AND Benji Cossa?! I think you might actually have outspent me at SBR!

And look at all those buttons! They're too small for me to see them, which ones did you get?

(You've got brilliant taste, btw. And go you for getting an advance copy of Heavy Petting)

Haha. I'm sure that the two of us are keeping Serious Business in business.

The buttons I got were:
    2 Serious Business
    2 Secret Dakota Ring
    2 DZUSA (different ones)
    2 Looker (diff.)
    1 Benji Cossa
    1 2MGB
    1 The Octagon

Great minds think alike. I was so excited about the new 2MGB. The packaging is so cute. It's like a huge matchbook.
  • I just wanted to say that I'm revisiting this CD for the first time in awhile right now and it is seriously making my evening brighter. wub.gif