In this Discussion

Damian Poses for "Fashion: Teen Vogue"

Comments

• Yes, she's kidding...even though it's no secret that Sheri totally subscribes to Hustler. And I really doubt the picture size would be different.
  • I do not subscribe to Hustler. American Woodworker is waaay hottttter.
  • Midwest Living sounds like it would have its share of saucy moments.
  • Yes. As does Midwest living! Haw haw.

*Edit: That was supposed to mean Midwest living itself has saucy moments. However, it turns out the wording didn't work. And I can't think of a smooth way to make it sound how it's supposed to. So consider this already piss-poor joke rescinded.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 11 2007, 08:29 PM)
    Yes, she's kidding...even though it's no secret that Sheri totally subscribes to Hustler. And I really doubt the picture size would be different.

Ha, thank you.
    I was just wondering, because Teen Vogue is a small magazine, and the Fashion part is the same size.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 11 2007, 08:25 PM)
    You forgot these:

Midwest Living
    American Woodworker
    Hustler

I just laughed so hard I choked.
  • haha he's so firece. he's looking good though, in the face area.
  • When isn't he? laugh.gif
  • I got mine as a supplement to Teen Vogue (apparently my subscription is still going...?). And it's probably already been said, but I think you can only get these things with a subscription.

Anyway, everyone's forgotten to mention the best part- that Alex Kapranos and Damian Kulash are sharing the same two-page spread. Um, awesome?
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Aug 11 2007, 05:42 PM)
    I do not subscribe to Hustler. American Woodworker is waaay hottttter.

Lol!!! Sheri and mixtape, your convo is killing me laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • Ha HA! As if this wasn't good enough, I actually found out Teen Vogue used some Damian insight for an article about being addicted to technology (which I read from beginning to end, regardless of Damian quotes, since some teenies DO feel they cannot live without their annoying cellphones and Blackberrys).

Damian Kulash, lead singer of Chicago band OK Go, sees the "my friends are going to think this rocked" phenomenon on a regular basis. "I often joke to audiences about their impulse to hoist a gadget in front of their faces in times of greatest bliss," he says.

OK Go's Kulash is hopeful that the power of the present will always be able to beat tech compulsion. "A sea of phones is not much of a crowd to play to," he says, "but at a good show, even the most stalwart of amateur documentarians are usually shaken into experiencing the moment themselves. The communication that happens at a concert is a very human thing, and as clever as digital contraptions can be, they're pretty ill-suited to capture it."
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Aug 14 2007, 11:51 PM)
    Damian Kulash, lead singer of Chicago band OK Go, sees the "my friends are going to think this rocked" phenomenon on a regular basis. "I often joke to audiences about their impulse to hoist a gadget in front of their faces in times of greatest bliss," he says.

OK Go's Kulash is hopeful that the power of the present will always be able to beat tech compulsion. "A sea of phones is not much of a crowd to play to," he says, "but at a good show, even the most stalwart of amateur documentarians are usually shaken into experiencing the moment themselves. The communication that happens at a concert is a very human thing, and as clever as digital contraptions can be, they're pretty ill-suited to capture it."

I Love this, T-dog. I'll never forget that when I got my first picture ever with Damian I said to him "This is the 4th time I've seen and met you, but the first time I've even thought to bring a camera" and he said "really? That's amazing because people film shows more than they experience them" or something like that. Truth be told I was so incredibly nervous that I don't remember what he said exactly, just the basic gist.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Aug 14 2007, 11:51 PM)

Ah, Damian. I love him.

Wow that's so true. I missed a crap load of stuff that happened at OK Go, because I was taking pictures the whole time, that later on my friend (who wasn't taking pictures) told me about afterwards!
  • ya that is soo true.
  • QUOTE (LolaBert @ Aug 16 2007, 02:22 AM)
    Wow that's so true. I missed a crap load of stuff that happened at OK Go, because I was taking pictures the whole time, that later on my friend (who wasn't taking pictures) told me about afterwards!

I don't think I missed much at my concert, even though I took so many pictures. I usually just took it without looking, which may be why I got some of just the stage, and a a few of my fingers...but I like to have a ton of pictures. I like pictures. My friend and I have only been to one concert so far, but we plan to go to more, so we agreed that she'd take them at the next, then I would, and so on. I like that plan.
  • hmmm I guess this is kinda pretty late, but...I got the issue!

My mom's bosses wife is one of those really rich, kinda snobby woman who shop at all the high-end stores and spends money like crazy. So my mom sometimes has to pick up her bosses mail when he is on vacation or something (he's really annoying) and his wife gets all of these magazines and catalogues and stuff. And so I was at home while my mom was packing all of his mail to send it to him when I saw the huge Vogue catalogue and with it the little magazing thing. I looked through it and...there was Damian! I kept it haha! It's cool actually seeing it in the magazine as opposed to on the screen. The picture is hysterical and amazing at the same time! laugh.gif
  • I'm stuck at work late. Long Story, but I'm basically here in case they need someone, and I therefore have NOTHING to do. Anyway, the "Fashion Rocks" supplement is sitting maybe 200 feet away from me in this floor's lobby, and it is all I can do to keep myself from running out to open the magazine to that page and put Damian on Display!
  • I can't see a reason not to. I really can't. GO!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Aug 30 2007, 10:21 PM)
    I can't see a reason not to. I really can't. GO!

I agree!