In this Discussion

Vampire Weekend

Comments

• QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 12 2008, 11:48 AM)
    aww, yeah, stupid mtv. i wish i could rip them for you guys but i have no idea how to do it. realplayer won't download it. sad.gif

haha...hmm, i'll talk it over with tommy

Oh no! Please don't tell Tommy! He won't let you if he knows it's for me. It has to be a secret...

(i need to stop talking about tommy, sorry :/)

truth

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 13 2008, 08:08 AM)
    haha I still haven't bothered to figure out who Tommy is... it's almost more entertaining when I don't know, haha. But seriously, who is he? tongue.gif

That ^ is the only piece of concrete evidence that points to the existence of the so-called 'Tommy'

Some [really smart and beautiful] people say he has a head of cheese!

No one knows for sure though.

He is a cheddary mystery.

QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 15 2008, 02:30 PM)
    here's an interview from the SXSW show. =D Ezra has a "girl"! and...did anyone else notice they all talk really similarly....

and some pictures.

Spank you for the interview! Maybe when he says 'my girl' he means it in the context of 'my sister, she is a female'? I think that makes more sense tongue.gif
    Precious pictures too <3
  • ^^^ hahaha nice explanation of 'my girl' JB biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and I hate to spoil it for you, but I read somewhere that when he quit his job as a teacher, he moved back near Columbia to be nearer to his girlfriend while she was still at college.
    So I would assume that his "girl" refers to her...

oh well
    it happens
    biggrin.gif

yay more interviews! there's always a ton of stuff online from sxsw, it's pretty great smile.gif

I like how they got Chris B to do an interview- it seems Ezra and Rostam do the most interviews and the most talking when it's all of them, at least so far, so it's nice to see one of the Chrises wub.gif (Chrises? Chris's? Christophers? how would you pluralize 'Chris'?)

• LOL that's a tough one. We should ask Ezra. =D
  • I think it's Chris' but I am absolutely not sure, not mother-tongue-ish, not Ezra biggrin.gif

oooh, so I got more people to like them biggrin.gif
  • yay! Don't you love spreading the music love?

A-Punk is on Paul Frank's website. =D
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 17 2008, 07:21 AM)
    ^^^ hahaha nice explanation of 'my girl' JB biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

and I hate to spoil it for you, but I read somewhere that when he quit his job as a teacher, he moved back near Columbia to be nearer to his girlfriend while she was still at college.
    So I would assume that his "girl" refers to her...

oh well
    it happens
    biggrin.gif

SHHHHHHHHHHH!! *blocks ears* lalalalala ooooooh ladeeeda

smile.gif

I like how they got Chris B to do an interview- it seems Ezra and Rostam do the most interviews and the most talking when it's all of them, at least so far, so it's nice to see one of the Chrises (Chrises? Chris's? Christophers? how would you pluralize 'Chris'?)

Initially I thought that was a silly question but now I'm doubting myself. Let's stick with Christophers.

Super yay for spreading the love! My friend who usually snubs all music I offer her is now enjoying them AND Interpol. As if one wasn't enough wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 15 2008, 05:55 AM)
    http://i26.tinypic.com/nleec5.jpg
    That ^ is the only piece of concrete evidence that points to the existence of the so-called 'Tommy'

Some [really smart and beautiful] people say he has a head of cheese!

No one knows for sure though.

He is a cheddary mystery.

hahahahahh!! goodnessssssss. no videos for you ohmy.gif

OMG
    guysssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

well yesterday was just spectacular. it's 6 in the morning and i have to finish my hw before i go to school, so i don't have time for a write up. hopefully, i can when i come back biggrin.gif

but just a teaser.....I MET CHRIS TTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

YAYYAYAYYAYAYAAYYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYAYAYAYYA

DSLKJLDKJOWIkjfd;lsakfj ;oailkfjdoaklsejfOLKJFKLJFIEKLJFDSLKJFKLjalsfjdaoilewkjfdsk

ohmy.gif ohmy.gif

biggrin.gif
  • AHHHHHHHHH
    I HATE YOU!!
    BUT I LOVE YOU!
    OMG I'M SO FUCKING JEALOUS!
    ok i needa go study now.. less than five hours until FREEDOM. good grief worst finals week ever.
  • pretty sure i need to purchase this cd. holla.
  • biggrin.gif hi, Katie!

I still haven't bought it either, actually sad.gif goddamn lack of funds... slash jobs...

VINNIE WE NEED A FULL WRITE-UP!!!!!
    LIKE NOWWWW
    aslfkhaskdjfgahjldfgajdgfjagfjhf
    sad.gif
    you're teasing us, I can tell...
    is Chris T as awesome in real life as we think he is??
    biggrin.gif
    can't wait to hear everything!
  • ok, guys...this feels like the longest write up ever...it took me like 6 hours. i have no idea why. haha. i'm going to do three posts because i have a lot of pictures. sorry for my grammar/spelling/whatever else.

i'll copy and paste from lj:
    Before The Show!
    My sister got to school at around 12:30. My brother was going to get checked out too (in order to spare gas) but it turned out that my sister was only on my contact sheet, not his, so only I ended up leaving. I got home, made myself somewhat presentable, and ate. I really didn't have time to eat so I microwaved one of those Lean Cuisine meals. I wanted to get out of the house as soon as possible. Ugh, they are terrible. My mom had to drop my sister off and after that she would take me. We left the house at around 2:20 and I got to El Rey Theatre at 3:20-ish. I saw that there was no one in line so I ran to Walgreens across the street because I really had to use the restroom. I got back to the place and there was no one there so I just stood next to the door. I'd been at the place before but I didn't remember where the line started. A few minutes later two people joined me. We were there for close to twenty minutes when we see a van drive up. I looked inside the windows and it was both Chrises!!!! I was totally freaking out!!!! They got out of the van and went into the venue but in a few minutes they came back out and took some stuff inside. Chris T. was streching outside of the van when the girl next to me waved at him. He said hi and came over. He asked us if we wanted tickets but we said no, we all had ours. The girl told him that we were there that early because we were just weird. Then he came a little closer and introduced himself, like a proper thing. It was so adorable!!! I was siting on the floor so he had to bend down a little. <3 He stuck out his hand and said something along the lines of "Hi, my name is Chris. What's your name?" Then I said "An...nnnn...g-g-g.eee..lllll..aaaaa." I was so nervous! He shook the other two people's hands as well. I don't remember want happened after that. He had to drive the bus somewhere else and bring all the equipment in. Chris B. was helping as well. I didn't want to go up to him though. He was busy and he never smiles! They finished pretty soon and then Chris B. came out again. He passed by us and walked down the street to either a McDonalds or Quizno's. He had the paper bag with him but I couldn't tell which one it was. Rostam walked in soon after that. He was talking on the phone. It would have been rude to interupt him. Ezra was the last one to arrive at the venue. They walked in and out a few times. I'm sure they wouldn't have been bothered if I had gone up to them, but I'm terrible at that! I never have the courage to do it. It was nice to see them walking about though. It turned out that the girl next to me was the one I was going to sell my extra ticket to. I gave it to her and I got my moneys. Yay. Eventually people started showing up but there wasn't a big line until a few minutes before the show.

I took ton of pictures because I got bored :/
    The El Rey Theatre at four-ish

The El Rey Theatre at six-ish. They added the "Sold Out" thing.

The El Rey Theatre at 7:30-ish. haha.

Wilshire Blvd.

Across the street from the venue.

OH! and the sexy poster I stared at for like five hours (Milky will appreciate this tongue.gif).

There was this random drunk guy that was singing to all of the people in line. I couldn't understand what he was saying. He left and came back a few times. A dollar fell out of his pocket and someone told him. He grabbed the dollar and ripped it to bits. I have no idea WTF that was all about.

Anyway, doors opened at around eight. I was the first one to go in and I could choose whatever spot I wanted!!! I was so happy. I stood near the center of the stage. People started coming in and there were these two girls that didn't get a spot in the front row so they were asking all of us there if we could move over. I was not about to move for anyone! I would have made my mom go sit in the back. Seriously. No one wanted to move but then they managed to convince the two girls next to me to let them in. I mean, if they wanted a spot in the front they should had waited for as long as rest of us had. The people next to me almost lost their spots because of them and were getting bitchy. I hate dealing with that sort of crap. Luckily, everything seemed to work out. I had overheard one of the security people and the show wasn't going to start until 9:15 so I had plenty of time to kill.

The curtain. It's supposed to say "El Rey Theatre."

• YACHT

Yacht consisted of a guy, a girl, and a computer. They were crazy and spectacular. The guy singer busted out the craziest/coolest dance moves. The girl didn't know how to dance as well :/ I wanted to record them for a while but I was scared my memory card was going to run out of space for Vampire Weekend. Most of their songs were really catchy/dancy (I don't even know what I'm trying to say here...).

The guy.

The girl.

Both of them.

The singer jumped into the crowd and made everyone around him squat down. I don't know why, but yeah. Then he jumped up in the air:
    I don't know how I managed to get him in the air.

During the middle of their set they had a Q&A sort of thing. They let three people in the crowd ask them questions. The questions and answers:
    - if they were ever going to get a band and they said no
    - why every song ended with glass shattering and they said they didn't know what that was and that vampire weekend were going crazy backstage
    - if they were related, and they said they were dating
    Pretty interesting stuff.

Later on they both jumped in. I think their set ended at about 9:45.

I really like this picture.

OMG and then...
  • Vampire Weekend!!!!!!!

They started at around 10:15. When I saw that there were only five more minutes until they were supposed to come out, I FREAKED OUT. My heart started racing and I couldn't breathe. It was like I was about to give a speech in front of 2342349238 people times a billion. Not good. I hadn't eaten anything but Life Savers gummy candy and a Monster coffee drink since one.

The lights dimmed and they finally came out!!!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif They all looked so wonderful and sexy. I couldn't stop smiling or clapping or yelling. It was GREAT!!! They started off with Mansard Roof. Everyone there was singing along. It was hard to hear Ezra!! I don't remember the set list, but I know that they played every song and two new ones (White Sky and Little Giant). I can never put my thoughts together so it makes sense, so I'll make a list.

** During Little Giant, Rostam had to pick up a guitar and the strap was falling off during the song. Someone onstage tried to help him but it didn't stick. He finally took it off and he had to use his knee to keep the guitar in place. It was so adorable!! () I just wanted to go up there and hug him. After that he said something about how that was as rock and roll as he got. <3

When he wasn't smiling or looking at the keyboard he was always staring at the ceiling. He looked a bit awkward. Awww.

**Ezra busted out the sexiest moves. Goodness. He was doing this thing where he would snap his fingers and then clap his hands while bobbing his head. WOW. That almost killed me. OH! And he was twisting around! Awww. Plus there was also this sort of swimming move. I got a bit of it!
    http://www.dailymotion.com/vinca15/video/x...e-weekend_music

** Chris T. would always do this thing where he would sort of bend over the drum kit, like he was hugging his snare drum, and then look up. It was the most adorable thing! I just wanted to hug him. <3

** Chris B. would do the most random thing. He would start smiling (a big smile too!) and then just stop and start frowning. I don't know what that was about. He looks so precious when he does smile. He should learn from Chris T. and just smile all the time.

** Once in a while they would each look at each other and smile. It was sexy. They were taking a little break in between songs and both Chrises started doing this thing. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but they were pounding their fists on their chests, sort of like, "I feel you" or "I got your back." I don't think that makes much sense, but it was incredibly adorable. They did it for about 30 seconds and started laughing after it. <3

** Before playing A-Punk Ezra started talking about how they were working on a new video where they show you how to dance to the song. He said that since we hadn't seen it yet we could all just twist or cross our arms over our chest and lean back, or something like that. I just thought was too funny. biggrin.gif

Some random pictures:

The rest of the set is here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/23835821@N03/...57604194031119/

I was going to spend the money from the ticket I sold on a Beirut ticket, but I ended up spending it all on merch. I couldn't control myself! If I had more money I probably would have spent it. My shiz:

There isn't much else that I can remember sad.gif I don't have a lot of videos because of stupid security. They probably weren't even checking! mad.gif This is the only other video I have besides the one above: http://www.dailymotion.com/vinca15/video/x...e-weekend_music
  • AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm soooo jealous of you!!!! Your writeup was beautiful! OMG Chris Tomson?!?!? oh, how you tease me. you know he's my favorite!!!!!

Ezra's dance!!! I totally feel fangirly right now. SQUEE!

btw and and your camera are amazing. =D
  • WOO! ANGELA GOT SOME LOVIN FROM THE CHRISINATOR! *squeee*
    You are so lucky!

How on earth did you survive the sexiness? I'm ok watching the videos and reading because I'm sitting down... but surely your knees buckled at least a hundred times?

jkhbelwhc
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm so happy for you! While reading your write-up I was grinning like an idiot. It sounded so wonderful biggrin.gif

Your pictures are amazing!!! VERY close! Ooo and I can't believe those two bitches who pushed into the front. What horrible people. It's just bad concert etiquette.

I want to steal your beanie sad.gif It has a tassel! My lord. Could it be any greater?

VW might be playing this epic festival over here which means sideshows! Then I can get some thrusting magic all for myself wub.gif
  • eeeee
    that was such an epic write-up, Angela!!!
    wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif

first off, hehehe at the Jim Sturgess-ness tongue.gif thanks for thinking of me biggrin.gif

and ahhhhh they're all so adorable!!
    Chris T introducing himelf, and Rostam and the guitar (that's really funny btw, hahaha), and Ezra's dancing, and even Chris B... akjshdfjlagsdfdfj lghajldfghaljdghajdg

your pictures are amazing!

and your swag!!
    I want that tote bag, and then I wanna use when I go to Cape Cod, cause I'm lame like that hahaha
    and the beanie is amazing tooo
    totally worth the money tongue.gif

ack, I'm so jealous!!

wub.gif
  • QUOTE (Tapegrl =D @ Mar 22 2008, 04:53 AM)
    AHHHHHHHHH!!!!! I'm soooo jealous of you!!!! Your writeup was beautiful! OMG Chris Tomson?!?!? oh, how you tease me. you know he's my favorite!!!!!

Ezra's dance!!! I totally feel fangirly right now. SQUEE!

btw and and your camera are amazing. =D

awwww. yes. he is totally amazing.

i know! his dancing is wonderful. this is the entire song: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CGbBL68RBzs it's priceless.

thanks! i am pretty awesome :p

QUOTE (Juniperberry! @ Mar 22 2008, 05:56 AM)
    WOO! ANGELA GOT SOME LOVIN FROM THE CHRISINATOR! *squeee*
    You are so lucky!

How on earth did you survive the sexiness? I'm ok watching the videos and reading because I'm sitting down... but surely your knees buckled at least a hundred times?

jkhbelwhc
    I've said this before and I'll say it again, I'm so happy for you! While reading your write-up I was grinning like an idiot. It sounded so wonderful :D

Your pictures are amazing!!! VERY close! Ooo and I can't believe those two bitches who pushed into the front. What horrible people. It's just bad concert etiquette.

I want to steal your beanie :( It has a tassel! My lord. Could it be any greater?

VW might be playing this epic festival over here which means sideshows! Then I can get some thrusting magic all for myself :wub:

haha, awww! i like that...chrisinator. super sexxxy.

yes, those girls were so stupid. one of the girls kept yelling "i love you" and "i have that guitar" to ezra....like wtf...he's going to care? probably not. haha.

i know! that beanie is the shiz. i wore it out. people were staring. i know it was cuz of the sexiness.

:o dude. you have to go to that. they're playing coachella here, but there's like no chance of me going to that :(

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Mar 22 2008, 08:09 PM)
    first off, hehehe at the Jim Sturgess-ness :P thanks for thinking of me :D

and ahhhhh they're all so adorable!!
    Chris T introducing himelf, and Rostam and the guitar (that's really funny btw, hahaha), and Ezra's dancing, and even Chris B... akjshdfjlagsdfdfj lghajldfghaljdghajdg

your pictures are amazing!

and your swag!!
    I want that tote bag, and then I wanna use when I go to Cape Cod, cause I'm lame like that hahaha
    and the beanie is amazing tooo
    totally worth the money :P

ack, I'm so jealous!!

:wub:

haha, yes. omg, and before they played cape cod kwassa kwassa he said something about the song being about massachussets and i thought of you :p

they're all amazing. chris b gets this little fro while he's playing. i guess it's the sweat, but it's the most adorable thing! ah, and his dancing is so awkward. <3 i don't think i can choose a favorite.

thanks! i don't know how i happened to take so many decent pictures.

i want them to come back!! :( i've had the worst case of post-concert depression ........................ :( :(
  • asdgdsljhkhgkhgfdfdssadsafdsgf
    but you've gotten to see them at all, which is more than can be said for the rest of us sad.gif

and aww, wub.gif yay Massachusetts biggrin.gif

their Spin cover is on my wall as of today smile.gif
  • ^^ she speaks the truth. =D

i think Ezra just reinvents dance every time they play White Sky. <3

does anyone have an mp3 of it? I can't seem to find one...
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 25 2008, 01:50 PM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=162203
    i think Ezra just reinvents dance every time they play White Sky. <3

does anyone have an mp3 of it? I can't seem to find one...

I don't have one, sorry! But yeah, if anyone does, please post smile.gif

Yo! I've read/heard that interview so many times before but it's a nice picture and the title is weird/funny.
    I shall stick it to my door.