In this Discussion

The Two Man Gentlemen Band

edited November -1 in General Discussion
Words cannot describe how much I love The Two Man Gentlemen Band. I saw them for the first time last October, and have been thrice since. The Councilman Fuller Condon and Smilin' Andy Bean are not only two of the nicest gents you'll ever meet, but they are so incredibly talented and just plain funny. You cannot help but smile and laugh the entire time they are on stage. And now, they have a new video that needs to be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MsGsNkFqI

See? See what I mean? And if that is not enough for you (although I cannot possibly understand how it isn't), go see if you can find "A Gentleman Knows How To Love" - a song about how women love well-groomed men in suits. That song reduced me to fits of embarrassed giggled the whole time. I couldn't possibly imagine why.

Comments

• oh they really seem like fun, and I remeber hearing about them and thinking "Wow, great name, I should listen to something" and I forgot... thank you for the reminder, wink.gif

And I think I might judge bands by their name, so this is a very cool name (only cooler maybe Get cape. wear cape. fly?)

and I watched a few other videos and they're all great!
  • i love the gents... and i've never seen them live or met them. the music and the vids speak for themselves... smile.gif

plus. hi. smilin' andy bean. do i really need to say more?
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Jan 28 2008, 11:51 AM)
    oh they really seem like fun, and I remeber hearing about them and thinking "Wow, great name, I should listen to something"

That was my exact thought when I first heard of them.

I got Great Calamities and I got a free 2MGB kazoo with it! It's all shiny and pretty.
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Feb 2 2008, 12:14 AM)
    That was my exact thought when I first heard of them.

I got Great Calamities and I got a free 2MGB kazoo with it! It's all shiny and pretty.

Kalinda - I thought you had Heavy Petting too?
  • I have all three, but Great Calamities didn't come with my huge package. I got it a few days ago.
  • i had a dream about andy bean last night...

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

woo boy.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 9 2008, 10:35 AM)
    i had a dream about andy bean last night...

blink.gif blink.gif blink.gif

woo boy.

laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

They're going to be back near me the first weekend in May, if someone wants to come east again? wink.gif rolleyes.gif
  • now... if my dream came true..

haha no. just kidding.
    but i really would like to come! smile.gif that's RIGHT after finals so. i'll be looking to unwind. is there booze at this place? lol
  • Umm, I think there is. I had some good tea, and ice cream. Sorry, that's boring. Ahh well, what do you want from me? ;-)

Worst comes to worse I live upstairs from a bar and we can go drink there.
  • haha, i sound like i need booze to have fun. NOT TRUE!

i watch the "she's brown. yeah, she's hot and she's brown" video daily. several times actually.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Jan 28 2008, 08:32 AM)
    Words cannot describe how much I love The Two Man Gentlemen Band. I saw them for the first time last October, and have been thrice since. The Councilman Fuller Condon and Smilin' Andy Bean are not only two of the nicest gents you'll ever meet, but they are so incredibly talented and just plain funny. You cannot help but smile and laugh the entire time they are on stage. And now, they have a new video that needs to be posted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6MsGsNkFqI

See? See what I mean? And if that is not enough for you (although I cannot possibly understand how it isn't), go see if you can find "A Gentleman Knows How To Love" - a song about how women love well-groomed men in suits. That song reduced me to fits of embarrassed giggled the whole time. I couldn't possibly imagine why.

BRILLIANT I love them! thank you for reminding me to check them out!
  • my love is like the square root of two...
    written like a decimal
    my love is like the square root of twoooooo
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 19 2008, 04:10 PM)
    my love is like the square root of two...
    written like a decimal
    my love is like the square root of twoooooo

My Baby's got Priiiiiiiiiime Numbers
    Prime Numbers ooooh-wee
    That means she's only divisible by one
    And that one's gonna be me. biggrin.gif
  • oh when, your lips, are playin' my kazoo

okay i can't go any further b/c i can't get past the innuendo.
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Feb 19 2008, 04:34 PM)
    okay i can't go any further b/c i can't get past the innuendo.

Ummm, " A GENTLEMAN KNOWS HOW TO LOVE" Anyone???????

OMG the first time I heard that song my face was BRIGHT RED. Between the Gents and OK Go, I mean REALLY.

Referring to "Heavy Petting" on Shufflelovers, Travis said "Smilin' Andy Bean explores the realm of the single entendre."
  • no.

double post. this one was dumb.
  • HAHAHAHAhAHAH i remember that... lol i love shufflelovers...

ummm

i ain't gonna eat your meat without no dippin' sauce...

and you're right rach. i was blushing too when i heard "a gentleman knows how to love"
  • Okay, I'm like ... I'm really considering buying their record (-s...maybe even???) Now I need some advice, should I??

ps- yeah I know, this is their thread, I do know that all of you will respond with BUY!!, but maybe that's what I need...hm
  • do you have myspace??? if you do, check them out on there first, but i personally adore them. their songs are amazingly witty and hilarious and andy bean has a GREAT voice.

plus. i have this new found love and appreciation for dixieland music.

and it's got kazoos. what more could you want.
  • Well, I do listen to 5 of their for free songs right now and I love them, I just don't know if that's a late night funny music love phase is or not,... however I have put their CD in the shopping basket on the SBR site (along with the SDR shirt, I remember saying to myself to order that whenever I order anything else from there...) and I think... I might wait another 30 mins and then make a decision, haha.

Oh, and Kazoos!! Tbh, I had no idea what Kazoos were, I checked the dictionary which gave me a weird description but I know what it is and I love that!! (and my instant thought was: Oh, the thing that makes those funny noises, the thing Paolo Nutini does not need, he can do those noises with his hand! (ever seen him doing the jungle book song cover? amazing))