In this Discussion

The Two Man Gentlemen Band

Comments

• Ew. I just noticed that I double posted on this thread last time, and now this is going to make it a triple post. Sorry.

But.

The Gents just posted a LOT of new dates on their site, and, oh, I dunno, should someone be interested in flying out this way to visit me while they're relatively local (which is A LOT of those dates), they might be welcome.
  • wow, loads of shows... maybe maybe... ah, I wish.
  • I wish I could fly out, but it looks like I don't have to!! THEY'RE PLAYING NEAR ME!

I think I can go to the Davis show! My brother goes to school/lives in Davis so it should be easy enough. I don't know about the Santa Rosa show though. I don't know anyone that lives there and since I can't drive, it's going to be difficult. But I have more than 3 months to plan. They have some time after the Santa Rosa show. Maybe they'll squeeze in a San Francisco date?

Ahhhhhhh! I'm really excited now!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Apr 9 2008, 09:59 AM)
    I wish I could fly out, but it looks like I don't have to!! THEY'RE PLAYING NEAR ME!

I think I can go to the Davis show! My brother goes to school/lives in Davis so it should be easy enough. I don't know about the Santa Rosa show though. I don't know anyone that lives there and since I can't drive, it's going to be difficult. But I have more than 3 months to plan. They have some time after the Santa Rosa show. Maybe they'll squeeze in a San Francisco date?

Ahhhhhhh! I'm really excited now!

Oh yay! I was gonna ask you about that! I'm so glad you'll FINALLY get to see the Gents!!
  • BUMP

Saw the Gents tonight, had a great time! I even got to be their special guest Kazoo Soloist (no one else volunteered). But I got quite the round of applause. biggrin.gif

Seriously I know you girls will anyway, but if you ever have the opportunity to see The Gents live it's a whole new dimension from their recordings.
  • I found out yesterday that they played at the exact same venue in Davis last year! It was when I was in Taiwan seeing OK Go, so I guess that's why I didn't know.

I also had a dream with them in it. I was visiting them while they were recording a new album and then I was at one of their shows and I was really sad because I forgot to bring my kazoo, but they were passing some out so it was okay.
  • Apparently they're playing a show in SAN FRANCISCO now, but it's at a bar. Why can't I be 21?! And I'm not sure if the Davis show is going to be all ages, so I might not see them at all. sad.gif
  • Oh my goodness! Why didn't I look these guys up earlier!? I LOVE them!!!!
    I love their music! I really want to see them live, but they're not playing near me sad.gif
  • They're coming to the UK next summer! I've requested Cambridge and London already smile.gif
  • ive requested nottingham, and have offered cakes
  • I've offered personal tours.

And Andy you so stole my plan of giving them cakes!!
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Mar 24 2008, 12:41 PM)
    I got my mum to agree that William Howard Taft is a brilliant song biggrin.gif
    It's stuck in my head now.

Very catchy. I had never head of them. Now my life is forever changed.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 14 2008, 09:36 PM)
    I've offered personal tours.

And Andy you so stole my plan of giving them cakes!!

you get to tempt them with your good self!

all i can offer is cakes =p
  • Yeah, I saw that they were going over there.
    Luckies
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Sep 14 2008, 09:02 PM)
    They're coming to the UK next summer! I've requested Cambridge and London already smile.gif

Sounds like a perfect opportunity for another trip to the UK to see YOU again. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Sep 15 2008, 08:23 AM)
    Sounds like a perfect opportunity for another trip to the UK to see YOU again. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

YESSSS!!!!
    Good plan biggrin.gif
    Ahhh now I'm seriously excited for it. Two Man Gentlemen Band AND Miss Mayo. Can't think of much better than that smile.gif
  • haha what if i time my visit with them? lol that would be fun fun fun
  • Katie - do it do it do it!
    I was wrong. The Gents and Mayo AND Wifey. THAT is the best. smile.gif
  • I'm so freaking there. Party at Rachel's House!

A Gentlemen Concert in your Home!

Dear Friends,
    A select few Two Man Gentlemen Band enthusiasts have learned a little secret: There is no finer place to see a Two Man Gentlemen Concert than in the comfort of your own home. Indeed!

You, too, can learn this lesson first-hand by Putting on a House Concert! House concerts with The Two Man Gentlemen Band are easy! Clear out some space in your living room, invite any and all who might enjoy some lively two man music, have them throw a few dollars in a hat-like receptacle, and enjoy. Easy, indeed! And so much more pleasant than a visit to a smoky tavern.

House concerts can be as rowdy or as civilized as you like. The choice is yours.

Interested? Oh, we thought so! Send us an e-mail (twogentlemen@gmail.com) if you might fancy hosting an evening of two man music. As you may know, we gents travel all around this fine country of ours, and we'll likely be in your neck of the woods sometime soon.

We look forward to entertaining you.

Most Gentlemanly Regards,
    Andy Bean, Banjoist
    The Two Man Gentlemen Band
  • If they actually play at your house, I'm pretty sure I HAVE to go to Delaware.