In this Discussion

The Two Man Gentlemen Band

Comments

• ... bought it biggrin.gif

I'm happy

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • GOOD! It's a great investment...

I got home at 3pm and I've been listening to it since then...

that's 3 1/2 hours... hahaha WHOOPS smile.gif
    still perfecting the Kazoo
  • Oooh, I'm sorry I missed this portion of the conversation yesterday Mayo, but I'm glad you decided to buy the CDs - they are WELL worth it and never fail to put a gigantic smile on my face whenever I listen to them.

biggrin.gif
  • oooh, I just can't wait for the CD to arrive, that makes two big US parcels one their way to Hamburg, even though the OK Go merch thing should be here any day now.

I just completely lost it and danced around my whole flat to William Howard Taft... haha.
  • I do that same thing too, Mayo smile.gif

I will make the purchase this Friday, the other 2 Gents CD's that is...

Fave tracks:
    William Howard Taft
    They Can't Prohibit Love!
    The Square Root of Two
    A Gentleman Knows How To Love
    Heavy Petting...

And that's just off "Heavy Petting"
    Mayo, you're going to love it, and Rachel is right, I can't help but smile/giggle when I listen to them. Which has been, all day today
  • the other two cd's came sometime while i was in Chicago... i'm SUCH a happy camper smile.gif
  • I love my kazoo, and my friends are in love with it, too biggrin.gif
    and I seem to hear kazoos all the time now, is it just me or is there a kazoo in "math is power" (SDR) ??

I want to see them live! Any chance of them playing abroad? How big are they in the US anyway??

ooh, I'm so sooooo super happy that I ordered the CD.
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Mar 17 2008, 10:29 AM)
    I love my kazoo, and my friends are in love with it, too biggrin.gif
    and I seem to hear kazoos all the time now, is it just me or is there a kazoo in "math is power" (SDR) ??

I want to see them live! Any chance of them playing abroad? How big are they in the US anyway??

ooh, I'm so sooooo super happy that I ordered the CD.

Awwww, Mayo. wub.gif

There is a Kazoo in "Math Is Power". They're not really that big here, but they have been touring very extensively lately. They're getting quite a following in their genre honestly. I'm sure if there was demand, they'd come abroad.

(But you could come stay with me and I'd take you to a show if you wanted. biggrin.gif)
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 17 2008, 03:44 PM)
    Awwww, Mayo. wub.gif

There is a Kazoo in "Math Is Power". They're not really that big here, but they have been touring very extensively lately. They're getting quite a following in their genre honestly. I'm sure if there was demand, they'd come abroad.

(But you could come stay with me and I'd take you to a show if you wanted. biggrin.gif)

I should tell them I want to see them here in Hamburg... but I'm pretty sure there is close to nobody here knowing who they are... (I tell people bout them though, my sister loves them and her boyfriend and my friend and my mom, so it'll be like a family concert for five people... hehe, sounds great)
    or I'll come visit you wub.gif I'd love to do that actually, I just need money... biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Mayo... you fly to Rach. I'll fly to Rach... we ALL see the Gents. Together.

how's THAT for a master plan?!?!
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Mar 17 2008, 11:34 AM)
    Mayo... you fly to Rach. I'll fly to Rach... we ALL see the Gents. Together.

how's THAT for a master plan?!?!

Oh the explosions that might occur. laugh.gif
  • sounds like a splendid plan to me biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • I just got a friend request on myspace from a woman who interviewed the Gents recently, and she sent me this link:

http://uncensoredinterview.com/artists/25-...-Gentlemen-Band

I haven't watched the videos (work, no sound, blah blah), but I knew you girls would be interested nonetheless!
  • I got a message too! I went and watched... oh. My. GOD. They are so funny... and there's SEVERAL videos on that site!! I only got to watch 2 because i'm in class, but here's the description for one of them...

Fuck tweezers. A real man lets his buddy rip stray hairs out with his bare hands and doesn't whine about it. Same goes for ear hair.
  • from another video description...

In the rules of gentlemanly engagement one doesn't get one's ass kicked, one parries with a witty, cutting, humiliating barb and then quickly ambles off in his wingtips to smoke a cigarillo.

*dead*
  • "...the kazoo remains... "oh yes, thank you for these great videos biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • I got my mum to agree that William Howard Taft is a brilliant song biggrin.gif
    It's stuck in my head now.

• QUOTE (DJRose @ Mar 20 2008, 05:38 AM)
    I just got a friend request on myspace from a woman who interviewed the Gents recently, and she sent me this link:

http://uncensoredinterview.com/artists/25-...-Gentlemen-Band

I haven't watched the videos (work, no sound, blah blah), but I knew you girls would be interested nonetheless!

Those videos are hilarious! I'm really jealous of you Rachel. Not only have you seen them, but you've talked to them! You've experienced all the wonderfulness of the Gentlemen firsthand.
  • Hee hee, awwww, you'll get a chance someday, I'm sure.

I actually was at their CD release party last night, it was pretty great. biggrin.gif Even though Andy Bean picked on me. tongue.gif
  • Hee hee, awwww, you'll get a chance someday, I'm sure.

I actually was at their CD release party last night, it was pretty great. biggrin.gif Even though Andy Bean picked on me. tongue.gif