In this Discussion

Upcoming Shows you're going to

edited November -1 in General Discussion
What are some shows are you looking forward in going to??

I'm planning to check out a local show in Los Angeles.. at a place called Whiskey A Go Go.. and Rose Rossi will be playing on Mar. 17. And I'm pretty excited to see her live. I heard some of her tracks on myspace.. but I heard that she's amazing live. I was also wondering.. if anybody from the Los Angeles area.. recommend any venues to check out local artists??

Comments

• Aww, this is one of my favorite types of threads smile.gif We had one on a board I used to post regularly at...

Let's see... I'm going to see Bonerama @ Martyrs in Chicago at the end of the month! I'm psyched!!

Wish I could recommend for you some venues, but sadly, I've never been to Cali!
  • QUOTE (bedshaped1987 @ Mar 12 2008, 05:37 PM)
    I was also wondering.. if anybody from the Los Angeles area.. recommend any venues to check out local artists??

umm...safari sam's? i saw ok go there a while ago. seems like a good place to check out local bands.

i'm seeing:
    vampire weekend - 3/20

and hopefully my fax makes it through and i can see:
    tokyo police club - 3/27
    foals - 5/24

also...if i can sell an extra ticket for some concert:
    beirut - 5/30
  • the shows I'm going to:

We Are Scientists 3/26

Blood Red Shoes (club NME) 4/26 (I think...)

Adam Green (and Laura Marling as support) 4/21

Holly Golightly & The Brokeoffs 5/08

I got tickets for all of these shows, so I'm happy biggrin.gif
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Mar 12 2008, 04:31 PM)
    umm...safari sam's? i saw ok go there a while ago. seems like a good place to check out local bands.

i'm seeing:
    vampire weekend - 3/20

and hopefully my fax makes it through and i can see:
    tokyo police club - 3/27

*jealous* tongue.gif
  • I need a good concert to go to! Anyone know of any good indie Ok Go type bands coming to AZ that I can take my girlfriend to? She's the one who got me into Ok Go and I want to take her to another good show that will involve making t-shirts.
  • What about Rilo Kiley, or... Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (I mean, the name?? And they're fun!) Oh oh, or Cat Power!! MGMT, too!

(I checked any upcoming events on lastfm in your area, but I have no idea if this isn't too far away sometimes, but I'd check out those bands!!)

my add to the list as of now: Vampire Weekend!!!!! YAY (4 concerts in the next 7 weeks, yes, I'm happy!! biggrin.gif biggrin.gif)
  • April 11th: OK GO!!!!!

And then in August I'm going to one of the days of Reading Festival. I'm seeing We Are Scientists, Dirty Pretty Things, The Editors, Bloc Party, and, most importantly THE KILLERS!!! Woooooo!!! biggrin.gif

Nothing else planned... yet.
    Ohmygod 5 days til OK Go. I might cry...
  • I'm jealous of you Alice! OK Go and all of the bands at Reading Festival.

The only concert I'm definitely going to is The Police and Elvis Costello on July 14. A month after my birthday. The tickets cost so much that I'm probably not going to any other concerts for a long time.

EDIT: I'm going to see Superdrag on June 1!! Now I'm really broke, but I don't care!
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Apr 8 2008, 04:03 AM)
    I'm jealous of you Alice! OK Go and all of the bands at Reading Festival.

The only concert I'm definitely going to is The Police and Elvis Costello on July 14. A month after my birthday. The tickets cost so much that I'm probably not going to any other concerts for a long time.

EDIT: I'm going to see Superdrag on June 1!! Now I'm really broke, but I don't care!

Ahh, and I am jealous of you, Ms. Kalinda! Elvis Costello is one of my all time faves, but I cannot justify the cost of tickets to see The Police.

Umm, my upcoming gigs list:

4/10 - Spoon (another band in my top 3!)
    4/11 - OK Go (HOORAY!!!!!)
    4/16 - Tally Hall
    5/3 - The Two Man Gentlemen Band (W00T)
    5/6 - Eddie Izzard
    5/9 - The Great Luke Ski
    6/5 - The Kooks (!!!!)
    6/6 - OK Go (HOORAY AGAIN!!!!)
    6/15 - Nightmare of You (With Katy!!!)
    Sometime in September? - The Hoosiers (hopefully with some British Visitors wink.gif)

This is, of course, always subject to additions. wink.gif Also I'm currently angling to get to V-Fest in August, although I'm not entirely sure because I'm not all that gung ho on the headliners (Kanye West, Foo Fighters, Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails and Jack Johnson) even though I'd certainly love to have the opportunity to see them. Just, well, $200 to see *them* is not entirely worth it. I told Adam though that if The Hoosiers end up playing American V-fest then we're going and I don't care how much it costs.
  • Rach, you're seeing Eddie Izzard???
    Oh, you legend.
  • May 16th: Sun God festival at UCSD!
    August 12: PAOLOOOOO
    Sometime this summer: Wicked (the play)

Bedshaped: some LA venues -
    Viper Room
    Troubadour
    El Rey
    Wiltern
    Chain Reaction
    Glasshouse
    Those are just off the top of my head - check out Indie 103's website - it's pretty helpful
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Apr 8 2008, 06:35 AM)
    Ahh, and I am jealous of you, Ms. Kalinda! Elvis Costello is one of my all time faves, but I cannot justify the cost of tickets to see The Police.

I like The Police, but Elvis Costello is one of my all time faves as well, so I figured since I want to see both of them, it'd be worth it. Plus, I'm determined to go to every Elvis Costello show near me after what happened the first time I saw him.

July 24 - Two Man Gentlemen Band!
  • May 9- The Panics
    NOT to be confused with Panic at the disco

May 10- The Chaser's Age of Terror Variety Hour wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif
  • APRIL 23RD
    OK Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN michigan.
    WHAAT! smile.gif
  • Umm, lets see...

Tonight - The Naked @ Spaceland
    4/19 - Paul Chesne @ The Grove
    4/28 - HIGH VOLTAGE night @ On The Rox
    4/29 - Nick Dixon / The Naked @ Silverlake Lounge

Plus Coachella & Stagecoach Festival. And I saw Motley Crue yesterday smile.gif
  • QUOTE (mayonaise @ Apr 5 2008, 05:43 AM)
    Someone Still Loves You Boris Yeltsin (I mean, the name?? And they're fun!)

<3<3<3<3<3<3
    besides their amazingness, their name, and everything else that's great about them-
    they're friends with Harry and the Potters!
    awesome?
    I think soooo!

EDIT: oh, and back on topic:

REM, Modest Mouse, and... The National? (I think)
    basically just for Modest Mouse wub.gif although it'll be interesting to see REM live, I guess.
    That's in June...

and possibly Radiohead in August, but I doubt it cause I'm not a huge fan and I don't really have the money haha.

and hopefully other stuff this summer
    hopefully.
  • may 1: mason jennings
    may 10: dot dot dot
    may 16: ok go
    may 18: panic at the disco
    june 15: the swell season
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Apr 19 2008, 12:45 PM)
    may 10: dot dot dot

^^Gah! I loved these guys on "The Next Great American Band." Looking forward to hearing what you thought of them. I miss that tv show.
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 19 2008, 02:54 PM)
    ^^Gah! I loved these guys on "The Next Great American Band."

haha, that's how i heard of them... i just hope i can actually get in, they're playing at a tiny bar about 20 miles from here, not really sure of their popularity in the area...
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Apr 19 2008, 02:54 PM)
    ^^Gah! I loved these guys on "The Next Great American Band." Looking forward to hearing what you thought of them. I miss that tv show.

Yay, someone else who watched the show!

What did you think of Tres Bien?

And how about The Clark Brothers cover of Gimme Shelter? OMG! I wonder if it's on iTunes. If not, it should be.

Ok, enough hijacking of this thread.

Darbie, I hope you get into the show. Dot Dot Dot were pretty snazzy!! And let us know how it went!!