In this Discussion

Upcoming Shows you're going to

Comments

• ^^^ Ooh, nice Bekkers! They're from the town next to my hometown biggrin.gif

I just officially registered for LeakyCon!
    No one else will know who/what I'm talking about, but I'm wayyyy excited so I'm gonna squee for a bit about all the Wrock bands I get to see now-

Justin Finch Fletchley (He's hilariously awesome. Plus, he's a Hufflepuff playing on "Evil Night" with three Slytherin Bands- So that'll be fun.)
    The Parselmouths (Been wanting to see them for a while.)
    Swish and Flick (Only female rap-based wrock group I know of. Plus, she's freaking good. Which is kind of surprising, when you think about it.)
    Draco and the Malfoys (Love them, of course. How could I not?)
    The Whomping Willows (MATT == wub.gif Plus, he has a new CD out. And it's going to be epic.)
    The Moaning Myrtles (FINALLY. I've wanted to see them forever.)
    Harry and the Potters (Classic)
    The Remus Lupins (Always put on a good show. I mean, Alex Carpenter, and Toby and Tyler as well, are all amazing)
    The Mudbloods (wub.gif wub.gif wub.gif seriously, no words can describe my love for them)
    Gred and Forge (My first time seeing a full set!)
    RiddleTM (They're coming from England! So that's mad exciting, yo.)
    Tonks and the Aurors (She has a fantastic voice. And is generally fantastic.)

Plus, extra bonus, John and Hank Green.
    And hopefully (depending on scheduling) 1/4th of Chameleon Circuit and other Trock (Geek-Chic Band, probably, seeing as they're the same as RiddleTM)
    And maybe other random acoustic shows, maybe some solo Lauren Myrtle or Adam Mudblood stuff, which would be totally fantastic.
    Plus, HPA is doing a TON of HP-Activism based workshops.

So yeah, I'm a bit excited. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
  • Woah - is LeakyCon like a music festival for Harry Potter fan bands??

next show = Two Man Gentlemen Band. In just over a week.
    I'm travellling fucking MILES to see them.
  • Fall Out Boy!!!!! on Friday May 15th!!!!!! I'm SOOO excited! Along with All Time Low, Hey Monday, Cobra Starship, and Metro Station (I'm just gonna have to endure them, *puke*, I love the song "Shake It" but they SUCK live)
  • QUOTE (Rebekker @ May 12 2009, 06:19 PM)
    Fall Out Boy!!!!! on Friday May 15th!!!!!! I'm SOOO excited! Along with All Time Low, Hey Monday, Cobra Starship, and Metro Station (I'm just gonna have to endure them, *puke*, I love the song "Shake It" but they SUCK live)

Wow, that sounds fantastic, have fun Bekker!! One of the guys in All Time Low has a sister who is friends with my friend, apparently. I don't even know any of their songs, but she says they're good.
  • Anybody wanna' see The Octagon or Higgins open for Shilpa Ray and her Happy Hookers at Piano's?

Anyone? I dunwanna' go alone. sad.gif

Other than that, Tally Hall on Friday, if I can convince someone to switch hours with me. And Northside in June. I should just apply for the damn press credentials already.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 14 2009, 07:41 PM)
    Anybody wanna' see The Octagon or Higgins open for Shilpa Ray and her Happy Hookers at Piano's?

Anyone? I dunwanna' go alone. sad.gif

Other than that, Tally Hall on Friday, if I can convince someone to switch hours with me. And Northside in June. I should just apply for the damn press credentials already.

I would go with you, except the Higgins night is Adam's birthday so I don't get to pick the activities and The Octagon night I'm stuck working. I've got Tally Hall on Thursday in DC because it's Mom's b-day weekend.
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ May 14 2009, 08:00 PM)
    I've got Tally Hall on Thursday in DC because it's Mom's b-day weekend.

This Thursday? Hum. I don't have work, I don't think. But it's your mum's birthday(ish), so I won't intrude.

ETA: Oh, I should probs go see Art Brut next week at Merc Lounge, too.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ May 15 2009, 01:15 AM)
    This Thursday? Hum. I don't have work, I don't think. But it's your mum's birthday(ish), so I won't intrude.

ETA: Oh, I should probs go see Art Brut next week at Merc Lounge, too.

You wouldn't be intruding, I just wouldn't be able to get you home from Baltimore. But you're more than welcome to meet us at my Mom's, come with us to the show (Amy's going too, I think), and crash with us if you can get yourself home.
  • The Wallflowers! Finally. They have been my absolute favorite band since I was eight and this August is the first time I've ever seen them live. Be happy for me. Tears come to my eyes when I just think about it rolleyes.gif
  • Locksley tonight!!!!!
  • I'm going to see Keaton Simons and Tyler Conti at the Key Club (LA) on June 16th. Even if you don't know who these guys are, you should check it out because the key club is so awesome! It's the nicest venue I've been to.
  • Ben Kweller tomorrow.

Hopefully Elvis Costello at Amoeba on the 22nd.

And most likely Old 97's on July 9.
  • FEH. I'm missing both Phoenix and Passion Pit this weekend.

Tally Hall are playing on a boat with April Smith in July and I'ma miss that, too.

Oh, and Phoenix and Passion Pit are playing NYC TOGETHER in September and I'ma probs not be here for that either.

/concertsican'tgoto
  • Seeing one of RolloPuzz' bands Taking Back Sunday with her this tuesday.
    hopefully its not a crazy mosh pit of preteens. Im all for legit mosh pits but preteens are probably the most dangeroush ones.

ELVIS COSTELLO with FELS in AUGUST...

its shity obstructed view tickets (apparently theres a pole in our view way) but hopefully its still fun.

Fels excited! me too!
  • june 26: dot dot dot
    june 27: dot dot dot
    july 16: dot dot dot
    july 24: brett dennen / matt nathanson
    july 26: dot dot dot
    august 1: dot dot dot
    august 15: dot dot dot
    august 20: dot dot dot
    august 23: dot dot dot
    september 25: kings of leon

ph34r.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 19 2009, 01:12 PM)
    june 26: dot dot dot

ph34r.gif

I'm gonna try and make it to the 8/20 show. They're playing a few blocks from work.
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 19 2009, 02:12 PM)
    june 26: dot dot dot

ph34r.gif

I love Brett Dennen. wink.gif
  • I'm going to Warped tour. I can't wait to see Lights play. laugh.gif
  • DMB in hershey park

State Radio and JBT in Central Park

Both in July, sweet!

• 7/1 - Rooney

7/29 - Old 97s

9/4, 9/5, 9/6 -Bumbershoot! (They haven't released the slot by slot schedule yet, so I don't know exactly who I'll see but I'll definitely see Bob Dylan, Neko Case, The Decemberists, Weezer, The Raveonettes, Dandy Warhols, Motion City Soundtrack, Jenny and Johnny)

10/29 - OK Go

and maybe

7/14 - Band of Horses