In this Discussion

the English Football thread

edited November -1 in General Discussion
i know some here hate football

some here love the football

tomos, its England vs the USA!

who will win?

pluss all future footy tournys such as this years euros (which england didnt make it for) and 2 years times world cup can go in here..just in case im not aroudn then =p

TALK FOOTBALL!

Comments

• QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 27 2008, 03:57 PM)
    who will win?

England, duh.

pluss all future footy tournys such as this years euros (which england didnt make it for) and 2 years times world cup can go in here..just in case im not aroudn then =p

Oh, I'm sorry, are you planning on kicking the bucket sometime in the next two years, then?
  • who knows where i might be in two years =p (and okgo)

hopefully im still around (as are they)

hopefully england will win, but ive got my doubts..
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 27 2008, 04:47 PM)
    who knows where i might be in two years =p (and okgo)

Antarctica, obviously.
  • well unless Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore retuns, i might have to go bring him back
  • whooo I think I'm staying home to watch it biggrin.gif

and yeah, I'm thinking England will win,
    I'm incredibly conflicted as to who I want to win,

but I really just want certain players on both sides to do well (like Clint Dempsey... if he's in it at all *shrug*)

ps dilemma: so my general rule is that in American competitions, I'll call it soccer, and in anything else (europe/south america/etc.) I'll call it football.
    But when it's USA vs. England-- which do I go with??
    I mean, probably soccer.
    but still, i'm so used to calling it football when talking about English stuff.
    hmmm

on second thought, it really really doesn't matter.

but yeah

excited biggrin.gif
  • every time you call football soccer, an english man dies
  • ill take the unsexy pick and go with usa, england isnt as good as their reputation would make you believe.
  • what reputation? the fact we havnt won anything since 1966 speaks volumes =p

and the fact we didnt even make it to the toury this summer!
    english football is in the shit atm..
  • well its just that in canada where no one cares about football everyone assumes england is some sort of powerhouse. ridiculous i know
  • oh canada...

we are a powerhouse in our own minds..
  • lolol it's just too much of a hassle to call the other one "American football" all the time.
    Plus it's hard enough when I slip and say "football", meaning soccer, and everyone looks at me when I have two heads...

But I try to kill as few englishmen as possible biggrin.gif

and as much as England hasn't been great recently, well, neither has America.
    haha.
    so w/e

it'll be fun, at least.
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 27 2008, 06:15 PM)
    every time you call football soccer, an english man dies

Someone once told me that you lot call it soccer sometimes. You just like to confuse Americans.
  • For some reason, England always seems to think that we're great and in with a chance of winning SOMETHING, which of course we never are. We're shit. Basically.

*sigh*
  • Andys got me calling "it" Football... I get confused looks too when I call it Football instead of soccer. and at my olde job I had to alot.

Football jerks like to argue with employees when they discover bars don't play football...

its a fact.

anyways football makes more sense... calling american football, football is what doesn't make sense... you mostly use your hands don't you?
  • 1-0 to england at half time

pretty shit match..
  • 2-0 to england, pretty much all over now...

Wolf is playing for USA, i like him just for his AWESOME name
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ May 28 2008, 09:32 PM)
    Wolf is playing for USA, i like him just for his AWESOME name

Ahhh! How much does that remind you of Gladiators?? I loved Wolf in Gladiators...

Was it a fun game or utterly dull, then? Wooot for England. Oh the enthusiasm.... rolleyes.gif
  • the new gladiators is pretty crap...other then a failed wwe diva with bright red hair =p

wolf was the man!

the match was pretty borin, but at least we won...which doesn't mean anything in the long run...like spending half an hour on a minesweeper puzzle...sure i finished it, but i felt no achivment..
  • yeah it wasn't very exciting, haha.
    oh well.

• did you get the bbc feed?

or american coverage?