In this Discussion

Olympic Mania

124»

Comments

• I really need to gush about Pheeeeelps.
    So, they let him introduce his favorite singer, Lil Wayne, at the VMA's. And he was hahaha, really, really nervous- so much so that someone commented, "Poor boy- they should've let him speak from inside a fish tank."

And then he was on Leno the other night, and even though I've seen him shirtless all the time, I didn't realize how big he is until I got a good look at him with clothes on, ironically. And he's huge! He's the broadest guy I've ever seen!
    And he was such a sweetie! He was explaining that he didn't expect to be as nervous as he was at the VMA's and how he was even more nervous to go on SNL, and Leno and then other guest (a comedian) kept telling him to have all the sketches involve water so he'd be comfortable.

And so, last night he was on SNL, and Phelps, eeeee! He was teehee! awful!!!!! He could not act! He kept flubbing his lines up and when he wasn't messing them up, he spoke like a 4th grader reading a class report. The only time he sounded semi-natural was when he was making fun of his own meal regimen.
    And his mom was there! And he wore his Michigan shirt and got to introduce lil Wayne again.

In the restaurant sketch, he did not look at the waiter even once, and it was obvious he was avoiding an accidental laugh, but still, it was a bit much. And in the dancing sketch, he was so stiff and terrible smile.gif
    They definitely did not use him as much as they use other hosts, giving him as little as possible to say and do, and the sketches looked like rehashes from old episodes.

He's such a big, adorable, goofy, mamma's boy!

And oh, he's so proud of Michigan! I found out his tattoo is for the U of Michigan. He's so cuuuute!
  • I saw parts of that too. Poor guy, could not act at all. It was painful to watch that one about the Michael Phelps diet because he was messing up to many of the words.
  • i only caught the tail end of it, but i agree with you both completely. i felt so bad, but it was so cute all at the same time.
    he needs to learn how to speak more eloquently now that he's SO famous and popular. that will come with time : )

what tat, sally? i have only seen his olympic rings one...

Damn. If only he went to the RIGHT Michigan school (mine, MSU) wink.gif
  • QUOTE (katieyellow @ Sep 15 2008, 09:53 AM)
    what tat, sally? i have only seen his olympic rings one...

Damn. If only he went to the RIGHT Michigan school (mine, MSU) wink.gif

on the left side of his hip are the rings and on the right is the M for U of Michigan:

Actually, you can see them better here: http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_hE0TRpE-p8U/R8Ha...1600/phelps.jpg

Is MSU close by? Maybe you can visit him!
    or if I were you, stalk him, lol
  • Aren't you kind of jealous of whomever gave him those tattoos? Or the friends who went for moral support?