In this Discussion

While the boys work on their third album...

Comments

• When Damian taught us all a new game before the show in Chicago biggrin.gif I don't have any pictures or video of this, sadly. I sort of thought about it while we were there, but I didn't want to be a weirdy and randomly whip out my camera. tongue.gif

Meeting up with Becky!

Making these for the boys to give them at my first OK Go concert biggrin.gif

Seeing Dan for the first time, before the show in Grand Rapids, MI, as he was getting on the bus. We went over to give him the Ping Pong Paddles I made for them when he got off the bus. And then we saw him several times after that while we were waiting outside the auditorium, when he kept coming out.

Making these as soon as I got a Wii biggrin.gif

My first shirt I made, for the first OK Go concert I went to

Second Shirt

Making these shoes

Finding this AWESOME jacket at a thrift store!!
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 18 2008, 04:04 PM)
    I got pics with all of them, but this was definitely the best one. See, I straightened my hair beforehand, but in the humidity of the show it sort of failed, and the end result was...interesting. Seriously. This is the only one where it looks at all normal.

Wow, check out Andy's sideburns. And I totally feel you on the humidity vs. hair.

QUOTE (Rebekker @ Nov 18 2008, 04:58 PM)
    When Damian taught us all a new game before the show in Chicago biggrin.gif I don't have any pictures or video of this, sadly. I sort of thought about it while we were there, but I didn't want to be a weirdy and randomly whip out my camera. tongue.gif

Meeting up with Becky!

I still haven't played the game with anyone else to this day. And yay picture!!! I wish I had gotten one with my camera. So, I steal this one. Thanks bekker!!
  • Jumpy jump??

Ignore the disgusting mess of hair on my head (and in my face). This was *my* first show, and ha-ha Katy, Damian rolled my shirt UP! That beats poking any day. He was attempting to nudify me. So there. biggrin.gif

I had a retched day at school (one of my students plagiarized their essay and it was a huge mess of meetings) and coming home to this thread made my day so much brighter. (huggles the thread and everyone in it)
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 18 2008, 07:47 PM)
    I had a retched day at school (one of my students plagiarized their essay and it was a huge mess of meetings) and coming home to this thread made my day so much brighter. (huggles the thread and everyone in it)

*posts in thread just to get a hug*

most my fave ok go concert experiences involve strange drunk people trying to communicate with me:

- drunk couple at detroit snow patrol show who seemed to get a kick out of the fact that i was dancing and singing along to all of ok go's songs, as evident by them taking more photos of me than they did of the band...
    - drunk girl at abby pub show years and years ago telling me i had the coolest shirt ever, this was followed by her drunk boyfriend grabbing my hand to shake it, congratulating me on having good taste, and saluting me before they both stumbled away...
    - nice couple at my very first ok go show who made room for me on the barrier up front after i got trampled during one of the opening acts...
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 18 2008, 05:04 PM)
    ready for this?

10/25/05- I joined the Ok Go boards (which, btw, means that I missed my THREE YEAR ANNIVERSARY on the boards! Whoa!)

Hooray! biggrin.gif

11/16/06- Ok Go played a show for FNX's anniversary thing, and it was 21+ so I couldn't go, though I was 16 by this point.

Um. Let's talk about how I am STILL MAD that stupid FNX put TWO OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE BANDS ONSTAGE TOGETHER -AGAIN- and I was living in France and COULDN'T GO. Still MAD. And, and that other band went and SPLIT UP earlier this year. mad.gif

In theory, I couldn't have gone anyway, I was a week shy of 21, but hell if I wouldn't have bugged the hell out of my friends who were opening to get me into that show. At least I got a sweet t-shirt out of it.

(Also, Elle, as in ellevieslamusique, got into that show, and she was like, 15 at the time. And sent out a MySpace bulletin the next being like, "I got in! And interviewed the band! And hung out with the bands backstage!" Jealous. mad.gif)

I feel like there ought to be some Boston shows between now and June of 07, but I can't remember any. Is that right? Have they really not been in Boston for almost a year and a half? I'm puzzled...

Um. I don't think there have been, because either I or my friends out in Boston would have gone and I would have heard about it.

Other board-related highlights include meeting Katy/seeing Tally Hall with her, and also how my looking seriously at Smith College was influenced by her a long time ago and now I'm actually here, and that's just crazy I tell you. Crazy.

biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif

I'll be in Mass. the first weekend in December, and I should be coming out there for Vespers! I am excited. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 18 2008, 10:12 PM)
    Um. Let's talk about how I am STILL MAD that stupid FNX put TWO OF MY ABSOLUTE FAVOURITE BANDS ONSTAGE TOGETHER -AGAIN- and I was living in France and COULDN'T GO. Still MAD. And, and that other band went and SPLIT UP earlier this year. mad.gif

dry.gif yeah, that would have been an epic show if I had been able to go. oh welll

(Also, Elle, as in ellevieslamusique, got into that show, and she was like, 15 at the time. And sent out a MySpace bulletin the next being like, "I got in! And interviewed the band! And hung out with the bands backstage!" Jealous. mad.gif)

I remember that! gah.

Um. I don't think there have been, because either I or my friends out in Boston would have gone and I would have heard about it.

Yeah, that was my thinking too. It's just odd. That's a longgg time sad.gif

I'll be in Mass. the first weekend in December, and I should be coming out there for Vespers! I am excited. smile.gif

yayyayyayyay!
    biggrin.gif

And I agree that this thread makes me really happy and I love everyone's stories.
    Tdog, I love your collection of jump photos- you're really good at catching them! oh and the pic of you & Damian is great tongue.gif
    the pic of Bekker and Becky together makes me happy! so does the fact that your names are really cute together in that almost-but-not-quite-matching-way!
    Darbie, your stories are hilarious biggrin.gif

*hugs*
  • QUOTE (beckysioux @ Nov 18 2008, 08:10 PM)
    I still haven't played the game with anyone else to this day. And yay picture!!! I wish I had gotten one with my camera. So, I steal this one. Thanks bekker!!

Me neither! I don't think I've had many opportunities since then to play it.

QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 18 2008, 08:47 PM)

Ignore the disgusting mess of hair on my head (and in my face). This was *my* first show, and ha-ha Katy, Damian rolled my shirt UP! That beats poking any day. He was attempting to nudify me. So there. biggrin.gif

This picture is SOO awesome, T-dog!!!!!

QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Nov 18 2008, 10:26 PM)
    the pic of Bekker and Becky together makes me happy! so does the fact that your names are really cute together in that almost-but-not-quite-matching-way!
    Darbie, your stories are hilarious biggrin.gif

haha, well Rebekker is from Rebecca (or Becky) People call me all three. So, it makes sense that they sorta match biggrin.gif And I like how they sound cool together, too - Bekker and Becky laugh.gif
  • You guys just made my day.

Oh, yeah, the thing about how the boards can totally turn around any bad day.
  • QUOTE (Electra @ Nov 18 2008, 08:57 AM)
    And Katy is a legend for being poked in the boob by Damian.

I'm a legend for much more than that. wink.gif

I'm also very humble.

And Jen's a legend for having Dami pretty much try to nude her up.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 19 2008, 12:45 AM)

I'm also very humble.

I agree with all of the above statements.

Thank you, Meg, for reminding me that my boardiversary is coming up, and that yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of the Irving Plaza show. wub.gif
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Nov 19 2008, 10:54 AM)
    Thank you, Meg, for reminding me that my boardiversary is coming up, and that yesterday was the 2nd anniversary of the Irving Plaza show. wub.gif

The one where you may possibly have met Ira Glass?
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 18 2008, 08:47 PM)

I also like that he's trying to hold your hand. Get it girl!

And I completely agree these boards can make any bad day brighter. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 19 2008, 02:38 PM)
    The one where you may possibly have met Ira Glass?

Yes, that would be the one.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Nov 18 2008, 10:45 PM)

I'm also very humble.

You guys are legends. And I'm a dentist. Does that count for anything?
  • Tempe, You are a TOTAL legend and don't you think for one second otherwise.
  • wub.gif
    I tellsya, we've gotta be the most loving forum in existence.
  • yeah, it's awesome!! You guys are so damn sweet.
  • QUOTE (Beasle @ Nov 18 2008, 11:37 AM)
    One word: Danceoff.

Yay! I was there for that! Jennifer too!

I want to add to this thread, but I have to think about it. So many good OK Go experiences.

One of my favorite days was the one I spent in Detroit with Theresa on April 1, 2007. That was the day of the Wrestlemania event across the street, and general admission to the show, so we spent all day there. The people in line were nice and let us walk around a lot. We went around back to the stage door several times. I talked (if only very briefly) to each of the guys that day at different times. They seemed happy. I gave each of them a letter, and I'm sure they read them. This is the day Damian told us about submitting a photo of some crazy-haired pro wrestler for his freshman facebook in college, and about being noticed alarmingly by an elephant while on safari in Africa (when he was, like, 14 or something). Theresa gave Damian boxes of Girl Scout cookies, saying some of them were for the other guys, but Damian said, "No, they're not," smirking, with a twinkle in his eye. We took a picture of us girls posing next to the street team van, mimicking a shot from the treadmill video. We got to put on Mr OK Go head. There was just a lot of joy and silliness that day, plus Theresa is a gem of a woman. She even brought me lunch. The next day we drove together to Chicago to do it all again.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 20 2008, 09:39 PM)
    This.

Awwwwwwwwwww, I love it! So adorable! wub.gif