In this Discussion

White Knuckles Band Vid thread

Comments

• autumnraina said: I love in a couple of places where all the people and dogs appear to be watching the same thing off camera, like they are all trained to follow the ball and then after the camera is off they will all get a treat. :) 

Man, and they didn't ask for any volunteers for the boy-treats! Wink

• nalunas said:

And just now I saw my quote about Damian not being drunk... I LOLed at it... I make myself laugh, geez

I must ask: How did you have this conversation with Damian??? So jealous! Yell

• I talked to them after the concert in São Paulo last Friday, and I asked Damian about the video :) 
  • Watching this video totally made my Monday!!

Favourite parts:

Cute puppy on Damian's butt :D

Dogs walking down the couloured wood boards :)

Stumbling Rusty and the goat Wink

Heads-Up-and-Down-thingy

OK Go + Dogs = Love ♥

• Must also add these to my favorite parts:

--Tim lip synch. Come on, we've all missed a good Tim lip synch.

--The DamoAndoDanimal trio peeking out behind the bucket pyramid at 35 seconds

--The Tim pat the poodle in time to the song at 41 seconds

--The chair swing dancing going on around 1:25. Reminds me of in dental school when I'd make everyone use their chairs like row boats across the floor, except this is way cooler.

--Tim and that chiwawa-like dog (sp?) at 1:49. Tim and a chiwawa, why hasn't that been thought of before?! Genious.

• I haven't read this yet as I'm currently (...well always) overloaded with homework right now but considering its from Gizmodo and the title of the article is 'New OK Go video is awesome and full of awesome dogs' I would think its a good article.

http://gizmodo.com/5643044/new-ok-go-video-is-awesome-and-full-of-awesome-dogs

• squashedbanana said:

I haven't read this yet as I'm currently (...well always) overloaded with homework right now but considering its from Gizmodo and the title of the article is 'New OK Go video is awesome and full of awesome dogs' I would think its a good article.

http://gizmodo.com/5643044/new.....esome-dogs

That's a great article (except where's the reference to "pet" in the lyric?). Also it hints at toying with gravity in the next video! :)

*On a side note because I don't want to start a new thread: Anyone else getting multiple emails with multiple invalid codes for the database? I got 5 last night (and mentioned it) and have 3 more today...

• I don't think I've ever seen so many IKEA products in one place, other than in an Ikea store and my old Manahattan apartment! Laugh
  • OMG. Love the video. Love the fact that Tim is lipsyncing again.

As soon as I saw the dogs, I paused (OH MY GOD!) and ran to get my dog to watch it with me. Thank god for empty houses.

NOTE: I was totally-kind-of right on the whole OK Go cupstacking thing. 

Favorite parts: The clap where the dog comes and high fives :)

Bunny :)

The peekaboo pyramid thing (may be a new desktop wallpaper)

This is all i can think of right now because my brain is about to explode and I can't type. But one last thing.

I was at school today and I was totally planning to ride my bike as fast as I possibly could as soon as the bell rang that afternoon because my TiVo was set for Ellen but I didn't want to miss it. Then in the middle of the morning I got a FB text because I follow the boys of course, and it said, "Have you seen our new video yet?" and a link. I was so pissed. I had left my ID at home and I need it to get on a computer, so I had to wait until I got home. I could not focus ALL DAY.

Ugh. That made little to no sense and my fingers are shaking. Oh well. 

Christel, I am going to record your song for the holiday season and put it on my YT channel, all for you. It was fantastic. And PM me the "other verses" or something. :)

EDIT: LOLGOAT

Didn't notice it the first time. And hey, what's the whole Database thing? Haven't checked it out yet.

• Lol

I ended up almost being late by taking one last look at my screen, where I saw the notice about it, then I watched it and felt the need to post about it then ran out the door.  I took the time to think about the video during 1st period which resulted in me grinning like an idiot during a test.Laugh

My favourite part is by far Andy getting tripped by a goat. 

Also, I am clueless about the database thing too.   

• Double post. UGH

• soccerkeeper6 said:

Also, I am clueless about the database thing too.   

Apparently if you purchase the Extra Nice Edition that is now available in the store, "Each album sold comes with access to an online database of downloadable goodness, including 12 new remixes of White Knuckles and other OK Go songs." (quoted from today's Newsletter) Sounds kinda cool! :D

• I was all prepared to mope about how bad things are in my life these days when I paused to watch this video.

Now, my problems are still there, but they just don't seem to matter as much anymore.

I think this is the whole purpose and gift of OK Go in my life. *sigh* Thanks, guys.

:)

• I loved the video. 

Andy and the goat = priceless. The high five with the dog was also very cute. 

It made me smile, laugh, and almost want to cry. The brown collie looked really similar to my dog back home. It made me miss my dogs so much more.

Does anyone know if Ellen is regularly posted on Hulu? 

• AttAcKofTheELVES said:

I loved the video. 

Andy and the goat = priceless. The high five with the dog was also very cute. 

It made me smile, laugh, and almost want to cry. The brown collie looked really similar to my dog back home. It made me miss my dogs so much more.

Does anyone know if Ellen is regularly posted on Hulu? 

Don't bother with Ellen.  She talked about the video for 5 seconds and showed 2 very short clips.  I will never get that hour back, and I LIKE Ellen DeGeneres.

My favorite part is the golden that runs through the stack towards the camera early on.  Adam and I both squee at that part.

Ginny would like to know when their next casting call is.  She's written her own version of the song called "Bite Knuckles."  It's about playtime with Daddy (because Mommy doesn't put up with that shit).

• So many great articles on the video.

How OK Go Went to the Dogs in Their New Video

Sie says she’s already working on making their next unthinkable stunt a reality, which she hopes to have completed for the next single from Of the Blue Colour of the Sky. "I can’t go into specifics, but we’re probably going to make it in the next six months,” Sie teases. “It would require some help from professionals, and it would involve some really cool clothes and rethinking the way people see gravity. But it’s not going to involve ropes or trapeze or cables or airplanes.”

I need to think of new things to scream during "I Want You So Bad I Can't Breathe".

A pet project comes together for OK Go

“I love the remakes, they are really cool,” Konopka said. “People are trying to remake this effect that takes hours to make … they’ve been inspired. I love that creative dialogue with fans.“

“People ask us all the time, how are we going to top ourselves?” Kulash said. “This time I’m actually worried. We’ve taken our own brand of homemade crap and mixed it with cute animals.”

Love, love, love what Dan said. As for the Kulash, I wouldn't call it crap.

As for the video itself, I have animal tourettes, so whenever a dog was onscreen, the boys became invisible, as unimaginable as that would seem. (Ooh, look at all those commas) I have fallen in love with the boys all over again. Trish did a spectacular job on this video. And I really liked it when the boys would look at the trainers at the same time the dogs would.

Now I miss my dog.

PS My cat Rina has requested a Damian ramp. Clearly she shouldn't have to jump on the couch when she can leisurely walk up the Damian ramp.

• Aleatory said:

As soon as I saw the dogs, I paused (OH MY GOD!) and ran to get my dog to watch it with me. Thank god for empty houses.

Christel, I am going to record your song for the holiday season and put it on my YT channel, all for you. It was fantastic. And PM me the "other verses" or something. :).

I love that you ran to get your dog! I love that Becky's cat needs a Damian ramp, too!

Aw, I can't wait to hear your Favorite Things. I think a few of the lines I posted need work (from the fitting them into the song propery standpoint...the syllables got a bit clumsy after I was trying to remember my initial thoughts on the third post attempt), but I will send you any others I remember and/orcomplete. Lots of what I had were just lines and couplets that I couldn't fit into the complete verse.

Your dog should be in the video for it with you. Your little helper, if it's Christmas themed...

Back to WK/articles: I also love what Dan said. :)

• Great articles, Becky.

The second one mentions that it was also shot in 3D. I wonder if we'll eventually get to see it that way. Could you imagine how awesome that would be with the dogs jumping at the camera and the spinning chairs? Please make it so, OK Go!

And since we're placing orders on Damian ramps, my dog, Kimmi, would like one, too.

• I'm sorry, are you saying Damian "ramp" or "rump", because, you know, either way, it's... oh good grief here's me 'misunderstanding' words again.

Okay, without reading the above mentioned articles, my first thought when I saw "gravity" was, HOLY CRAP they ARE going into space! You can breathe in outer space OMGWTFBBQ!!

OH, I'm going to be insufferable in October. I'm going to go apologize to my husband in advance. Again.

Going to read articles now.... giggle!

(Even Math Required knows my brain is mushy: 1+3)

• Funny you guys saying that your dogs would love a Damian ramp, considering my dog would probably bite Damian ramp's head, yep, he hates when we do that... *sigh*