In this Discussion

We. Have. Gmail!

Comments

• Wait---there's a live version of "Treacherous Friends" that someone uploaded?  Awesome, that's just about my favorite song.  Also, I read somewhere that T sings one of the songs from the Appendices.  Is that correct or was I imagining it?
  • Ummm... how do I get in on this G-mail thing?
  • Talk to becky to get the password. And to read all the rules and such you can go to the 1st page since it's been reposted a couple times already. Trust me, it's all worth it.
  • OK got it.  Will do.  Thanks for your help and see you over there soon :)
  • Chips said:

Wait---there's a live version of "Treacherous Friends" that someone uploaded?  Awesome, that's just about my favorite song.  Also, I read somewhere that T sings one of the songs from the Appendices.  Is that correct or was I imagining it?

Timory sings "Last December."  You are correct.
  • DJRose said:

Chips said:

Wait---there's a live version of "Treacherous Friends" that someone uploaded?  Awesome, that's just about my favorite song.  Also, I read somewhere that T sings one of the songs from the Appendices.  Is that correct or was I imagining it?

I have a related question: Does she do the background vocals for "Letterbox"? I hear a female voice and it sounds similar...
  • silver12 said:

DJRose said:

Chips said:

I have a related question: Does she do the background vocals for "Letterbox"? I hear a female voice and it sounds similar...

I sincerely doubt it.  Timory would've been long gone by the time I think they recorded Letterbox. 
  • DJRose said:

silver12 said:

DJRose said:

Chips said:

I sincerely doubt it.  Timory would've been long gone by the time I think they recorded Letterbox.

Ah. It is a mystery, then.

Thanks, Rachel. Smile
  • Does anyone have ther elevator version of Get Over It?  If so, that would be awesome, I've looked around for it and I couldn't find it.
  • Chips said:

Does anyone have ther elevator version of Get Over It?  If so, that would be awesome, I've looked around for it and I couldn't find it.

That's a good idea. I'd love to make a commercial with that. My only guess is to take it off YouTube with a system of some sort, though that's extremely dangerous for your computer, and you'd have to cut out their voices. Other than that, no clue. Sorry :'(

edit: I change my mind. I wouldn't want to have GOI in my presentation because all I'd do is sing and dance... though it would be nice to jam too in the car :P
  • Hey.

So I've been thinking, is there any way for us to get the official recordings of the handbell versions of songs without buying an entire USB? I know that we shouldn't include anything on the Gmail that we can buy from the band, but I own a USB from their NY show, so I have the "Return" handbell version. I'd love to get a good sounding recording of "What To Do" on handbells (along with other handbell songs they've done, if any).  

But especially What to Do. I saw them play it last year on 9/11 (as they mentioned, as a sort of tribute).  It's a strange feeling, especially being a New Yorker, to have more of an emotional response to hearing that song on that day than to seeing videos of the horrible event.
  • The only thing I could think for this would be for you to find a really good version on YouTube and then rip the sound from the video. I've tried both of the following programs and haven't had any problems. http://www.listentoyoutube.com/ and http://vixy.net/
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • DJRose said:

silver12 said:

DJRose said:

Chips said:

Wait—there's a live version of "Treacherous Friends" that someone uploaded?  Awesome, that's just about my favorite song.  Also, I read somewhere that T sings one of the songs from the Appendices.  Is that correct or was I imagining it?

I have a related question: Does she do the background vocals for "Letterbox"? I hear a female voice and it sounds similar…

No, I think that is her.  Letterbox is on Appendices.  Same version was later put on Hello Radio (TMGB tribute album).

I've always thought it was her.

*Edit: Realizing now that just because it's on Appendices doesn't necessarily make it contemporary with the recordings she *is* on.  But I always assumed it was a pre-OK Go one, that it was her, and that it was deemed an OK Go track when Hello Radio came along. 
  • Reeeeally?  I didn't know Letterbox was ever on Appendices.  I am happy to stand corrected on this, though.
  • *TMBG, not TMGB, unless I want to claim that I've started calling them They Might Giants Be, which could be fun.
  • TMGB is also Two Man Gentlemen Band, aka The Gents, aka an important related act to our fandom. ;-)
  • Thank you a thousand times to Becky and everyone else who put this amazing thing together.  You all rock!!! Smile
  • You're very welcome!

This has been up for nearly a year and so far so good! I'm so happy to be able to share some very rare and hard-to-find OK Go and OK Go related music. I hope that everyone has enjoyed the "new" music they've discovered in the account.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • I have some stuff that I don't think is on the acct yet, but I want to make sure it would be okay to upload it:

White Knuckles(WLT Acoustic)

Muppet Theme Song(Live on Jay Leno)

Greatest Song I Ever Heard(Live on Craig Ferguson)

Ping Pong Tips

Peace and Quiet/SSHB/Joy of Boredom(People)

So, what, if any, of that would be okay to upload to the Gmail account?
  • I'd say everything but the last two. Ping Pong Tips are available on the Oh No DVD set, if I'm not mistaken. And as for People, I think it'd be better if people downloaded it from Bandcamp. Heh, people download People.
    Allergic to whole wheat.