In this Discussion

We. Have. Gmail!

Comments

• Okay.  I will upload the stuff that's okay today.

Edit: Does anyone know how one would go about finding the Calixto Chinchile tape with the demo version of "A Cristian, Two Friends & Some Spiders?"
  • Thanks for those, Chips.

I put up "3 Primary Colors Song" and the audio from the "Needing/Getting" vid.  They're in Various. 
  • Sheri, you just made my day. Thank you!

• w00tie w00t w00t!
  • I have a question.  If the Appendices version of Letterbox is on a different CD also, and AWD and Bruise Grey are B-sides to GOI, then is it okay for them to be on the account?  It seems like those are kind of like Down For the Count or AntMusic, which do officially exist but are very obscure.
  • My personal rule is if you can buy the track anywhere, then it shouldn't be on the account.  If it's the same song but a different recording, then by all means upload it.
  • That means that Letterbox, at least, should be removed as it is on Hello Radio.  As for the other two, I'm not sure.
  • Letterbox is on Appendices, which is why it was included. Appendices is very rare, so Letterbox will remain.

Aren't We Dozy? and Bruise Grey are on the Six Song Demo which isn't for sale anywhere. Those two will also remain.

Otherwise we should also remove Fuzz (We Dug A Hole), Bye Bye Baby, and A Christian, Two Friends, & Some Spiders (Hello, My Treacherous Friends) as they appear on the Pink and Brown EPs.

As it was said before, they are okay with us sharing Appendices and Six Song Demo as they don't "exist" anymore.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Ok.  I was wondering, though, because I think that the same recording of Letterbox is on a compilation of TMBG covers, and Bruise Grey and AWD are b-sides, if I'm not mistaken, on one of the earlier singles.  The three other songs that you mentioned are different versions though, and I brought up the three I did because they are, as far as I am aware, the same.

Edit: If we were to get rid of AC2F&SS and Fuzz because they are basically the same song, but a different recording, wouldn't the live stuff have to go to?

Letterbox: Same recording is on Hello Radio, so it "exists."

Bruise Grey: I'm pretty sure the same recording is on Deep Cuts and Get Over It single, so I'm pretty sure it "exists."

Aren't We Dozy?: I don't know.  I shouldn't have brought it up.

A Christian, Two Friends & Some Spiders: Different name, quieter vocals in the chorus, less obvious synth in the interlude/solo but more obvious in the verse.  Less guitar.

Fuzz: Different name, longer intro and outro, different intro and outro, different lyrics, musically different vocals.

Bye Bye Baby: Choppy lead guitar in first interlude, less guitar in outro/verse.

Edit: This is different from the rest of this post, but it is about Appendices: Does anyone else get a square-dance vibe from "Lay Low?"

Edit: Would it be okay to upload the thing they did for Sleepover Shows?  If so, I have Last Leaf, This Too Shall Pass, and Wave of Mutilation from that series.

Edit: It really sounds to me like the A La Playa stuff from the Appendices influenced parts of Oh No, namely Television, Television.

Okay, I promise this will be the last time I edit this post unless I find an error in it.

I just listened to the Elvis stuff yesterday.  I loved "My Baby Left Me," especially the lyrics:"No paper product/Is safe from me/If I'm stranded in the woods, I'll write rhymes on a tree."
  • I think that stuff would be okay.  
  • Welcome to the boards, MooseMoose!

I uploaded the Sleepover stuff and WTF 1-14-10.

Also, is this thread for discussing the Appendices, or is it just about the account?

I added Secret Dakota Ring live at Google.

Math= more than 23.  Does that count?
  • I am new here. I truly am thankful for allowing the Gmail ID. Smile

• Jenie said
    I am new here. I truly am thankful for allowing the Gmail ID. Smile

Welcome to the boards, Jenie.

I'm not sure how we will go about getting the password to new people, because it used to be done by private message, but that option has been removed in the last update.
  • Chips said

Jenie said
    I am new here. I truly am thankful for allowing the Gmail ID. Smile

Welcome to the boards, Jenie.

I'm not sure how we will go about getting the password to new people, because it used to be done by private message, but that option has been removed in the last update.

Yeah, we're working on this. If we can't get the message feature back, I'll figure out another way to distribute the password.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • I added a shortened version of Bruise Grey, basically I took out the last chorus (song ends when Damian says, "Tin.") and it turned out rather well in my opinion.  About 2:54 long.

• what is the password?

• Greetings everyone. It is I, okgosongs@gmail.com. The original gmail account. It's been a while since I've remembered everything but here is the story:

When the account was created everyone was enjoying it and then a while after everything died down and someone changed the account password. Not knowing to keep their mouth shut they gave me (Zakitar) the password. I haven't been making rounds on the internet but I started reading up on the this forum tonight and since I guess I've had the account locked for all this time I've decided to open it up for everyone just in case their are songs on the old okgosongs@gmail.com account than the new one.

The deal is the same here, If anyone wants the password email me at zacharyabati@gmail.com and I will give it to you. Although I rather pass the account over to someone who is trust worthy on the site.

Sorry for all the commotion over the years of having this account locked down to only me as it was just something I acquired after the Juggling Club dismembered. 
  • I'm new to this forum (not the wonderful world of OK Go) and I'm wondering, how does one get access to your genius gmail account thingy? (did I mention that it is GENIUS?)
  • CinnamonLips said
    I'm new to this forum (not the wonderful world of OK Go) and I'm wondering, how does one get access to your genius gmail account thingy? (did I mention that it is GENIUS?)

Read the first post in this thread for instructions.
    Allergic to whole wheat.
  • Yeh, so i've tried PMing but i don't think I did it right... HELP ME!!!!! Cry