In this Discussion

Album Number FOUR??!!??!!

124»

Comments

• That page needs some MAAAASSSIIIIVVVVEEEE UPDATING... :( x
  • 180/365 also starts with the letter "O" if you spell it out.  :)
  • BeckiWitte said:

180/365 also starts with the letter "O" if you spell it out.  :)

I wonder why all of their prior albums started with "O."

Anyway, I wonder if "Women + Men" will finally end up on an album this time around.
  • Today's rock band is brought to you by the letter "O" and the number 23.  :)
  • BeckiWitte said:

Today's rock band is brought to you by the letter "O" and the number 23.  :)

...And the color paisley.  And yes, I know that paisley isn't a color, per se, but remember DWYW, the paisley suits, and all that?
  • Lavender Diamond!!!
  • Actually, Lavender Diamond is the name of a band that will be working with OK Go on their label, Paracadute- Lavender Diamond is not the name of the 4th album, but Lavender Diamond's album will be released on the Paracadute label.
  • Ah, I thought that name sounded familiar. It is also exciting that they will be releasing something non-OK Go on Paracadute! I shall have to look into this Becky Stark some more...
  • Damian also said something recently recently about some "other" project (not Lavender Diamond) that will be elaborated in more detail soon.
  • Chips said
    Damian also said something recently recently about some "other" project (not Lavender Diamond) that will be elaborated in more detail soon.
    I actually think he was referring to the This American Life partnership.
  • The boys officially started working on Album Number Four September 17, 2012. L'shanah tova, y'all!

Have some Instagrams on the sights in Tarbox Road Studios:

This is from Damian titled "Back in the studio w the boys"

These are from Tim:

"Finally back at Dave's. #OKGoalbum4"

"Please, step into my office. #OKGoalbum4"

I rather like the rotary phone in the background. I hope it's not just there for decoration...
  • I just listened to "I'm Not Through."  It's good, but it makes me feel a bit concerned about the overall quality of the album.
  • I love it.  It has a lot of groove and is a great platform for Damian's voice.  Plus it is really fun.
  • ...i'm still happily grooving along. :) 

Now I finally understand why damian said what he did abt the Princey elements of their last album. This song is total proof of damian's inner Prince vibes breaking loose. ME LIKEY! :3 (and him of course) ;) xx
  • I've said it before and I'll say it again... I have a SERIOUS weakness for disco strings. I really don't know why.
    There was a song that had disco string flourishes in one of the song lists that the guys put up a while ago (I think it was in Dan's most recent mix) and I loved them. I'm glad the disco strings made it into I'm Not Through.
    I really like I'm Not Through. Definitely fun, in an over-the-top but not taking itself too seriously type of way. :)
  • I'm a little anxious for this record now. Because you can't say they're going in any new direction or something (in my humble opinion, idk) because the new single is not THAT different from the sound of otbcots...but I really liked it and if this record really is anything like the last one, it's going to be amazeballs.

I can't wait!!!
  • Based on this, I think we'll be hearing the album or at least another song very soon:

http://instagram.com/p/ai8uoWCSmW/

And there are 17 songs?  I wonder if they'll be releasing another 2-disc set, or if all 17 will somehow end up on the album.