In this Discussion

Music Forum/Rooney Hate

Comments

• I've liked Rooney since 2002. Long before most anyone else in the midwest had ever heard of them. I enjoy their music. I've been to 6 of their shows...and their energy isn't the greatest but I still have fun. Back in the day I used to help with pass out demos and stuff which was a lot of fun. They were pretty nice guys then. Now they aren't as nice to people anymore (except their bass player Matt, who is still very nice.) A few of the band members, are indeed, male sluts...haha. But I know that their oldest member, the drummer, is actually married so I think his slutty days are probably over.

All of the annoying little fans drive me crazy. But they are fun to laugh at during shows. Especially since the guys in Rooney make fun of them as well and they have no idea usually. It's a good time. I also like going to their shows because every now and then I get in early or get to stand off to the side of the stage with security which is a lot better then being squished in the crowd with a bunch of screaming 12 year olds.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Mar 19 2005, 11:04 PM)
    yesyesyes
    im so so so so excited
    onlyyyyy TWO WEEKS AND THREE DAYS
    yayayay

i know awww! i really i would have love to see them in austin or houston but had damn midterms. i swear i've been singing the chorus to goodnight goodnight all weekend long. and i think i'm annoying people.

i've seen the guys from rooney make fun of those teeny boppers. i smirked.

matt's nice, i gave him some bug spray one time (back during the enlightment tour in san antonio) and we talked about how much we hated the weather in houston in the summer, its just too humid. lol. then my cousin got annoyed and wanted to go to the radio station booth for free stuff. so she dragged me with her, they had closed the booth. i laughed at her and she got pissed. laugh.gif good times
  • ive been writing "island of the honest man" lyrics everywhere, and have been singing it allll the time.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Mar 20 2005, 06:12 PM)
    ive been writing "island of the honest man" lyrics everywhere, and have been singing it allll the time.

i just heard that song, wow its awesome biggrin.gif ekkk i wish the album was already out! i so can't wait
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 20 2005, 08:22 PM)
    i just heard that song, wow its awesome  biggrin.gif  ekkk i wish the album was already out! i so can't wait

i knowwww. i keep thinking that next week is april. and it's nott. and it's making me angrier because it's tooo far awway
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Mar 20 2005, 10:06 PM)
    i knowwww. i keep thinking that next week is april. and it's nott. and it's making me angrier because it's tooo far awway

lol damn you march for being so long! *shakes fist*
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 20 2005, 09:27 PM)
    lol damn you march for being so long! *shakes fist*

i know. i wish all the months were like februrary. then theyd all be over like THIS [pretend you heard/saw a snap]
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Mar 20 2005, 11:02 PM)
    i know. i wish all the months were like februrary. then theyd all be over like THIS [pretend you heard/saw a snap]

*hears snap* i agree, darn months can't be 28 days or 29 (once every 4 years). i've never seen hot hot heat live before, i hope to before the end of this year. they are on my top 10 bands to see live.
  • QUOTE (vinyl_days @ Mar 20 2005, 10:11 PM)
    *hears snap* i agree, darn months can't be 28 days or 29 (once every 4 years). i've never seen hot hot heat live before, i hope to before the end of this year. they are on my top 10 bands to see live.

ME EITHER. they were going to be my 2nd rock concert ever. in fact, i was going to see them w/o ever hearing their entire album. but they cancelled like 2 days before. i would looooove seeing them. They seem like a band that would sound relaly good live.
  • QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Mar 20 2005, 11:30 PM)
    ME EITHER. they were going to be my 2nd rock concert ever. in fact, i was going to see them w/o ever hearing their entire album. but they cancelled like 2 days before. i would looooove seeing them. They seem like a band that would sound relaly good live.

aww that sucks about the show. i agree they probably would sound great live.
  • so Rooney fans sound like John Mayer fans
  • i didnt read this all. but i read the first post.

rooney fans are the worst. their album is way way way overdone. their demos and shows before they released the album were 10 times better.

the album is just..blah...its boring. its too perfect. its not unique anymore.

they used to be fun live. i saw them a few times. at the glass house in LA, and with Weezer...but i refuse to see them again. the fans are just...so..awful. and i was really bummed about the album.
  • aww this scares me, i like the album. i listen to it whenver i get the hankering, and i was thinking about skipping weezer (and the thirty fucking dollar tickets) on the 29th to see rooney on the 25th, but this makes me afraid to.
  • oh dear. its bad. it was bad right before the album came out, because of the princess diaries and roberts family connections.

but oh my god. im sure its so much worse now. you might like it, if you like girls in mini skirts and heels and shows complaining because someones groping them. but to me, it takes away from the show completely.
  • hmm well at least now im kinda glad that rooney never came here. but 99% of the people here don't know who they are, so i think they should come here.
  • QUOTE (zenitram @ Apr 6 2005, 09:42 PM)
    the album is just..blah...its boring.  its too perfect.  its not unique anymore. 

That's the best way to put it, I think. I've seen them live and it was always fun but the crowd gets worse and worse.

~Rachael

So... In My Life covered by Ozzy Osborne just came on my Launch player... I didn't even know that he covered it
  • I like rooney
  • Yeah..I like them too. Never seen them in concert though, so I can't really say or know what it's like...but I find their cd to be really enjoyable. To each his own.
  • There are much worse bands than Rooney out there