In this Discussion

Kaiser chiefs?

Comments

• Even worse news- not only is it number 1 but it's sold so many copies that it's likely to stay there for at least a month. blink.gif
  • With any luck everyone who wanted it has bought it so something new will get there next week. I really dont understand how people buy things like that, unless it really is for little kids who like that kind of thing?

I was amazed when the Stereophonics got to number 1, bands like that just dont get number 1's anymore - Oasis were always going to cos they're Oasis.
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ May 30 2005, 05:53 PM)
    I pretty sure that it was only bought by kids, though.

no! its not! i read an article in the evening standard (so you know precisely) the average age of the people buying the single was 25

TWENTY FIVE

hope i have better music taste when i got to my twenties
  • you sure it wasn't 2-5 year olds?
  • i had to read it over a few times myself to be honest, joke though the guy who invented it said something like
    'i hated myself even before we created the website'
  • hahahaha!! im sure he can sleep at night though on his big bed of money... Goes to show, you dont need to be a genius to get rich - Just be lucky
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 1 2005, 12:41 PM)
    hahahaha!! im sure he can sleep at night though on his big bed of money... Goes to show, you dont need to be a genius to get rich - Just be lucky

damnit.
    id say good news for me. but i am neither genius nor lucky.
  • I know.. being stoopid and unlucky with it sucks.. But at least no one hates the kaiser chiefs
  • well now that i've listened to some of their songs im gonna have to say they arent in my top 100 bands by any strech of the imagination
  • Im slowly growing to hate them - i'd like to change my vote
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 4 2005, 08:22 AM)
    Im slowly growing to hate them - i'd like to change my vote

too bad, bitch.

i'm just kidding.
    just stop listenting to them. thats what i do when i start to not like a band.
    and then 3 months later i listen to them and say I LOVE THIS BAND.
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ May 19 2005, 09:22 AM)
    yea maximo park ARE amazing... i saw them supporting the heads in december too, and randomly walked in on them in camden crawl before they played... but didnt get to see them due to the people i went with wanting to see other people.

it doesn't seem right that a band i've known for, well what seems like forever, are supporting a band that i've only known since late last year. I think the british music scene is going to be a lot more influencial and important than the american one for a while, it just seems that really amazing bands keep popping up. anyone know the subways?!

I saw the subways! They were supporting stellastarr when they came to the pitz....they were ok, but they didn't amaze me. Although it was a bargain for something stupid like 8 squid!

Oh yeah, and that frog advert pisses me off SO much...it's on every time the adverts come on! It does my head in. Well I guess the moral of the story is not to be watching so much tv and revise more...so its my own fault I guess...
  • OMG I loooooove Kaiser Chiefs! They're playing in Vancouver with Ok Go and The Caesars, and i sooo want to go, but unfortunately i'm in florida....i'm hoping they'll tour down south...
  • Yeah, you should see them live I saw them live yesterday and they were great! Ok Go performed to they were awesome.
  • QUOTE (KulashLove @ Jun 8 2005, 03:53 PM)
    OMG I loooooove Kaiser Chiefs!  They're playing in Vancouver with Ok Go and The Caesars, and i sooo want to go, but unfortunately  i'm in florida....i'm hoping they'll tour down south...

Really?! wow that will be a GREAT show for sure! Who ever is going is lucky
  • did anyone else notice nick was wearing an ok go shirt on leno just now?!? wub.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 13 2005, 11:38 PM)
    did anyone else notice nick was wearing an ok go shirt on leno just now?!? wub.gif

Haha yes! There's like 6 of us in the chat right now, and we all started freaking out. It was great tongue.gif
  • It makes me love them all that much more!
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Jun 13 2005, 10:39 PM)
    Haha yes! There's like 6 of us in the chat right now, and we all started freaking out. It was great  tongue.gif

*raises hand* i did! i did! but then again i was in the chat room. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (darbie_starpower @ Jun 13 2005, 10:38 PM)
    did anyone else notice nick was wearing an ok go shirt on leno just now?!? wub.gif

Woo hoo...I saw that last night too! How cool!

Does anyone else think the lead singer for the Kaiser Chiefs looks like Kenneth Brannaugh? I saw them live a couple of weeks ago and I couldn't get that thought out of my head.... cool.gif