In this Discussion

Kaiser chiefs?

Comments

• QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ May 18 2005, 07:17 PM)
    whoever doesnt like them should just go and see them live. it will change your mind. they are amazin.g AND they are from leeds. yay good old yorkshireness. and the lead singer fell on me at astoria  couple of weeks ago. he is not thin. hahahaha

and HOW CAN YOU NOT LIKE THE FUTUREHEADS!?!?!?!?
    what is wrong with you people  NO NO NO!!!! they are THE best band in the qwhole entire universe. even better than the libertines, and thats saying something. They are so alive and full of energy and they are THE nicest guys... *sigh* i see the boardies turning whilst i have been away. do not turn to the dark side. heads rule all.

the futureheads are good, but not better than the libertines. the libertines were amazing. they didn't come on the wave of anything, in fact, they inspired the british wave that's going on now. their lyrics and music are intelligent, something most current bands lack. and now petes got babyshambles, but they're nowhere near as good as the libs. the libs are by far, the best band out of britain in the past five years. however, i am very fond of the kaiser chiefs simply because their music is fun and because their live show is AMAZING. ricky wilson is a great frontman.
  • QUOTE (upthebracket @ Jun 20 2005, 01:10 AM)
    the futureheads are good, but not better than the libertines. the libertines were amazing. they didn't come on the wave of anything, in fact, they inspired the british wave that's going on now. their lyrics and music are intelligent, something most current bands lack. and now petes got babyshambles, but they're nowhere near as good as the libs. the libs are by far, the best band out of britain in the past five years. however, i am very fond of the kaiser chiefs simply because their music is fun and because their live show is AMAZING. ricky wilson is a great frontman.

i second that. babyshambles .. fuck forever is really terrible
  • the libertines WERE my favourtie band. infact i met my boyfriend at one of their concerts like 15 months ago. their music continues to amaze me daily. and as they have split up and all doing their own things (people check out John's band, Yeti (totally amazing!!!)by the way) and will no longer be touring I replaced them with with the likes of the heads, bloc party, the chiefs, the departure etc. All of these bands have the amazing stage presence that The Libertines had, but also appear to have many less problems than the libs. i don't like babyshambles, the old drummer, gemma, is friends with some of my friends. I feel so sorry for her, she was so SO scared after rios at astoria that she just never went back. You can't treat your band like shit just cos you're an eccentric drug abuser. I know its harsh and i think Pete is amazing, but its still crap. Bands don't work if you don't all respect each other.

there is no end to the original and wonderful bands coming out of the UK. I don't think its fair to compare everyone to the libertines, who quite blatantly are gods unto themselves.
  • ooops double post haha
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 21 2005, 04:10 PM)
    the libertines WERE my favourtie band. infact i met my boyfriend at one of their concerts like 15 months ago. their music continues to amaze me daily. and as they have split up and all doing their own things (people check out John's band, Yeti (totally amazing!!!)by the way) and will no longer be touring I replaced them with with the likes of the heads, bloc party, the chiefs, the departure etc. All of these bands have the amazing stage presence that The Libertines had, but also appear to have many less problems than the libs. i don't like babyshambles, the old drummer, gemma, is friends with some of my friends. I feel so sorry for her, she was so SO scared after rios at astoria that she just never went back. You can't treat your band like shit just cos you're an eccentric drug abuser. I know its harsh and i think Pete is amazing, but its still crap. Bands don't work if you don't all respect each other.

there is no end to the original and wonderful bands coming out of the UK. I don't think its fair to compare everyone to the libertines, who quite blatantly are gods unto themselves.

i really liked gemma. what other band has a female drummer? it distinguished babyshambles from all the other testosterone-fueled groups. but yeah, it seems that she had a good reason for leaving. petes a genius musician, but not so much in the case of his human relations. babyshambles isn't bad, though it's quite tasteless how pete is suddenly slyly (and not so slyly) bashing the libs at every chance he gets. i like him more as a solo artist, like on the shaking and withdrawn megamix (which is purely pete genius, you've heard it). and as a side note, albion does not belong on babyshambles' album, whether pete came up with the concept of albion or not.

also, as another side note, yeti are amazing. they've been putting out really great stuff. i love all i've heard.
  • really you like yeti? saw them and thought they were pretty terrible, even with allowances because john was in the libs.

i was at the astoria riot, pretty fucking scary
  • yea i think yeti are really really good. I was very pleased with them. and very surprised at johns voice. i do adore john tho.... but they were really good... and have fun songs
  • Whether Yeti and Babyshambles are good or not, the Kaiser Chiefs are quite good...just bringing up the title of this thread, doncha know. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (holls @ Jun 22 2005, 08:14 PM)
    really you like yeti? saw them and thought they were pretty terrible, even with allowances because john was in the libs.

i was at the astoria riot, pretty fucking scary

you were at the astoria riot? that was really a bad situation. were you in the back, at least?

i haven't seen yeti (or babyshambles for that matter), but i could understand that they might be better on record than live, given that their sound is fairly mellow. but merry go round is a great song and so is working in the industry.
  • LOL they have this really cool song called insect eating man hehe

and then there's john ahhh

haha

i heart john
  • It's official- this is now the Yeti/Babyshambles thread. mellow.gif
  • This thread has evolved about 10 times now... But i cant stand the Libertines or anything they've created since. Babyshambles are utter dreary nonsense.

"Pete Doherty wont be a hero if he beats drugs, he'll be a hero if he ever writes a decent song"
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ Jun 30 2005, 11:27 AM)
    It's official- this is now the Yeti/Babyshambles thread. mellow.gif

no its the kaiser thread. its just following a little tangent....
  • gotta love tangents...really now - whats the point of staying on topic anyways....
    One thing i noticed a lot of *random thought here* in the KC forums was the knocks on kasabian ...twas hilarious!
  • What have kasabian and th kaiser have to do with each other? Club Foot is better than anythig the Kaisers have done!

but they do like Ok Go. he was wearing an ok go t-shirt at T4 on the Beach, which i thought was rather nice of him.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 30 2005, 08:51 AM)
    What have kasabian and th kaiser have to do with each other? Club Foot is better than anythig the Kaisers have done!

but they do like Ok Go. he was wearing an ok go t-shirt at T4 on the Beach, which i thought was rather nice of him.

he was also wearing an ok go tshirt on leno!

as for kasabian - i dunno - but soo many ppl on the KC forums just trashed em...le sigh and le meh!
  • I can't stand Kasabian. They think theyre gods and they're so so so not. They're totally up themselves and that really annoys me....

I JUST WENT TO SEE WAR OF THE WORLDS lol sorry
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 30 2005, 11:50 AM)
    I can't stand Kasabian. They think theyre gods and they're so so so not. They're totally up themselves and that really annoys me....

I JUST WENT TO SEE WAR OF THE WORLDS lol sorry

OHH HOW WAS IT?
  • good but i hated the ending. even tho i knew how it was going to end, but still yea it was really good. and everything looked scarily real! LOL

and i saw a trailer for King Kong, it has jack black in it and also looked realy good i can't wait to see it I LOVE FILMS lol!!!!!!!!!!!
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jun 30 2005, 12:12 PM)
    good but i hated the ending. even tho i knew how it was going to end, but still yea it was really good. and everything looked scarily real! LOL

and i saw a trailer for King Kong, it has jack black in it and also looked realy good i can't wait to see it I LOVE FILMS lol!!!!!!!!!!!

whats ur fav film? any you recommend for a long weekend of movies?