In this Discussion

Christians hate Spongebob Squarepants

edited November -1 in General Discussion
...because he's a gay icon, apparently.
read this

Comments

• OMG, don't even get me started on the whole giving children's show characters sexualities. ha ha.
    In 1999 conservatives claimed handbag-carrying Teletubby Tinky Winky, an import from the UK, was a bad role-model.

i rember poor tink winky....didnt the guy who played him get sacked over somthing? or was that a bad dream
  • Ah I remember teletubbies. I remember comparing them to our friends in year 5 haha. But that program depresses me, not sure why blink.gif
    They're saying he's gay because he holds patrick's hand? They're crazy! Kids watching it aren't old enough to figure out whether he's gay or not anyway mellow.gif
    People are silly.
  • Teletubbies annoys me because it patronizes kids.
  • QUOTE (OK Matt @ Mar 3 2005, 03:48 PM)
    Teletubbies annoys me because it patronizes kids.

yeah, good call.

and: while i really dislike spongebob squarepants, it certainly has nothing to do with the fact that he holds hands with his friends. they really should be complaining of the inanity of the show as opposed to the possiblity of the promotion of homosexuality. good lord. how dumb can we get?
  • Now correct me if im wrong... but Ive seen Sponge Bob with his pants down... and he sure dosent look like a guy.
  • It's just left-wing republican nuts, bursting into flames, screaming "INDECENCY!!!"

That whole Tinky-Winky thing was because it (don't know if it's a he or a she) carried around a handbag on the show and it loooked like a purse.

It's just too stupid. rolleyes.gif

They're just making something out of nothing. They're good at that

*cough*Clinton*cough*
  • QUOTE (Mo_Papparani @ Mar 8 2005, 11:51 AM)
    It's just left-wing republican nuts, bursting into flames, screaming "INDECENCY!!!"

*cough*Clinton*cough*

*Right-Wing Republican Nuts

Hmm Am I the only one who knows Clinton was a Dem?
  • QUOTE (CrssEyedNSmilin @ Mar 8 2005, 07:38 PM)
    *Right-Wing Republican Nuts

Hmm Am I the only one who knows Clinton was a Dem?

I know that, and I know that in spite of impeachment, he got re-elected. Choke on that, Ken Starr.

I was saying that republicans are good at making something out of nothing (Clinton "scandal") and vice versa (George W's Vietnam "service").
  • Ahh much better stated. Thanks smile.gif
  • the greatest, most beautiful thing, about kids, is their innocence. they don't know or care the sexualities of people/cartoon characters/whatever. they could care less.

we dont need kids growing up with this crap.

this whole homophobic thing seriously has to stop, because soon there are gonna be laws against gay people. it's gonna be just as bad as the whole racism issue was.

man. i seriously need to start my own religion so i can make people do stupid crazy shit like this jesus guy has.
  • QUOTE (zenitram @ Mar 9 2005, 11:40 PM)
    the greatest, most beautiful thing, about kids, is their innocence.  they don't know or care the sexualities of people/cartoon characters/whatever.  they could care less. 

we dont need kids growing up with this crap.

this whole homophobic thing seriously has to stop, because soon there are gonna be laws against gay people.  it's gonna be just as bad as the whole racism issue was. 

man.  i seriously need to start my own religion so i can make people do stupid crazy shit like this jesus guy has.

You're right, the best thing about kids is their innocence. It sucks that we lose that as we get older (although I think we get some of it back if we get old enough). This, along with the tinkly winkie or whatever, crap is unbelievably stupid and uncalled for.

That being said, I'm both Christian and Republican, and have nothing against spongebob or the teletubbies (other than that teletubbies are far more annoying than I can stand). It's just the overly conservative minority that give the rest of us reputations as "fanatics" or "extremeists". And it does go BOTH ways . . .

And I'm trying not to take your comments on Jesus too personal. Growing up in church I can definitely understand the hatred and disgust a lot of people have towards Christians, church, and religion as a whole. Just keep in mind that every relion has its fanatics and people who misunderstood the whole point. Take Islam for example... Their religion says nothing about promoting violence and yet there are a ton of extremists all over the world that misinterpret their scriptures and declare jihad on those that disagree with them. The same is true for Christians back during the crusades.
  • QUOTE (joeywade @ Apr 10 2005, 02:24 AM)
    I'm both Christian and Republican, and have nothing against spongebob or the teletubbies (other than that teletubbies are far more annoying than I can stand).

Don't take it personally. When I gave this topic it's title, I wasn't suggesting that all Christians would feel the same way about Spongebob (which is a great cartoon, by the way) and Teletubbies (which is an abomination), just these fools.
  • That really pisses me off. Most of the kids that watch that show are six to eight years old (I watch it too but don't worry about that), and what do most six to eight year old kids do? Hold each others freaking hands!!! I DON'T UNDERSTAND ALL THIS CRAP ABOUT HOMOSEXUALS BEING 'WRONG', I have a friend who is gay and he's way cooler than most of my non-gay friends, like seriously, even though it isn't, if spongebob was trying to put a message out that there's nothing wrong with homosexuals, WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT?! ARRRR THIS MAKES ME SOOOO ANGRY. And has anybody ever seen Kath and Kim? In that show Ken has his "Man-bag" which is a purse! AND IT'S FUNNY AS HELL!!! ARRRR

Homosexuals are not wrong, they are perfectly normal people
  • I agree- claiming that homosexuality is evil is ridiculous, to say the least.
    It's not like anyone chooses to be gay.
  • yea that thing was SOOOOOO stupid. all kids that age hold hands.... so are parents saying that its gay to hold hands ith your friends? i still hold hands with my best friends lots and i'm nearly 20 hehe. stupid stupid people. sponge bob is cooooool =o)
  • Jen's a homo!!!!
  • why!! It's a cartoon for kids and poor sponge bob gets picked on. What is that all about!!????
  • People over-analyze stupid shit too much. Let the kids watch their shows damnit. Haha, my dad really likes that show and he is a christian AND a republican. He doesn't seem to mind, so why should the other morons? I say everyone who judges it incorrectly leave it alone.
  • im christian and i dont hate spongebob
    infact i have one of thoes giant spongebob pillows.
    i think spongebob is a sexy beast hehe