In this Discussion

Anaheim Show

13»

Comments

• Ooooh yes, that guy was creepy. I didn't see him though until you pointed him out to me. I think I was too busy being creeped out by that lady who wanted to get non-shiner brother Redwall's straw hat.

The hat in question:

Sorry guys, my photography isn't the best... no shots of the black eye (it was his other eye).
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 8 2005, 10:29 PM)
    I love that you describe her as "pointy".... I think I remember dark hair, and she seemed to be about the same height as him, or possibly shorter (which is hard to do). But would she have been in KC for that show? [although as I say that, I realize that I think there were some high school friends of the non-brother-yet-still-small-Redwall at the show as well, which I was trying to figure out since I thought they were all from chicago]
    And Jaded, who is this mitch that you speak of?

Haha, That non-brother-yet-still-small-Redwall is Andrew.

Mitch is the Redwalls manager, as Laura mentioned. He still has to reply to my e-mail abou this show I'm trying to get booked. . .

But he seems like a cool dude cool.gif

OOOH! And the brother who got the shiner was Justin, not Logan. Logan got a scratched nose though if I'm not mistaken.

I love Logan's hat, too. Gosh, I keep editing. But his hat reminds me of Blue's Traveler. Haha, don't hit me please.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 8 2005, 07:06 PM)
    **slurred drunkenness** "heeeeyy, whadd'ya think of our show??" leans in closer, the stench of alcohol getting stronger... "wanna come see our tour bus?"

you forgot the strong stench of cigarettes as well.
    but that's what redwalls fans have to put up with, it's sad really.
  • See, this is why we shouldn't use their real names. It's easier to use their distinguishing physical features to keep them straight. tongue.gif

EDIT: Yes, the non-shiner brother Redwall had a scratch on his face as well. This supports the "OK Go beat up the Redwalls" theory.

laugh.gif
  • Ok, so since this is apparently the official "talk smack about the redwalls" thread, I need to get something off my chest.

Here goes: Can they please please please invest in a third microphone? I think it's cool that all three of them share the singing (really, I do), but I get too much of a homo-erotic vibe from them when two of them are sharing the same mic to sing harmony. Seriously, they get sooooo close to each other. It creeps me out. If one of them accidently leaned in an inch too much, they'd be making out... and that is not what I paid money to see.

Thanks. I feel better now.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 8 2005, 10:53 PM)
    Ok, so since this is apparently the official "talk smack about the redwalls" thread, I need to get something off my chest.

Here goes: Can they please please please invest in a third microphone? I think it's cool that all three of them share the singing (really, I do), but I get too much of a homo-erotic vibe from them when two of them are sharing the same mic to sing harmony. Seriously, they get sooooo close to each other. It creeps me out. If one of them accidently leaned in an inch too much, they'd be making out... and that is not what I paid money to see.

Oh my God, you don't know how many times I've thought about that. blink.gif

But I like how they sing together, I can say something but I really don't want to lead into a comparison.

Also, I didn't know this was a "Talk smack about the Redwalls" thread.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 8 2005, 09:53 PM)

no you didn't. ohmy.gif of all things, at least allow the redwalls that! seriously.

i can't take this redwalls bashing.
  • Woah, we're all joking around here. We like the Redwalls... though there are people on this board who don't.

I'd love to hear this comparision, Jaded... (this thread is way off-topic now anyways lol)

And Poison, I agree. Standing 5 feet away from them, and seeing them rush the mike so quickly.. making "L" sounds while an inch apart.. you can't help but think those kinds of thoughts.
  • I believe it is a comparisson to the Beatles. Any I right Jade?
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ Sep 8 2005, 11:10 PM)
    Woah, we're all joking around here. We like the Redwalls... though there are people on this board who don't.

I'd love to hear this comparision, Jaded... (this thread is way off-topic now anyways lol)

And Poison, I agree. Standing 5 feet away from them, and seeing them rush the mike so quickly.. making "L" sounds while an inch apart.. you can't help but think those kinds of thoughts.

Alright, I was going to compare their singing into the mic habits to the Beatles. They did it, but I think they kept some distance. I really don't like comparing them to the Beatles but it's kind of hard not to.

Yes we all like the Redwalls. But I don't go bashing OK Go . . . gosh that was stupid of me to say; I would never bash OK Go because I like them. mellow.gif
  • I criticize OK Go when they deserve to be... and it's obviously not because I don't like them. They're not perfect, and everything they do isn't perfect. It only makes them more real.

Seriously though, once the shows you've seen in the past 6 months reaches the double digits, you know you're going to see some of the boys' bad days lol.
  • Yeah seriously. I love the redwalls like no other. I know they arent perfect though. I mean after seeing them like 7 times, I tend to notice things. Like drinking problems. That gets balanced out with their amazing smell. Oh yes, they smell quite good. Also they can do wrong in music too. Have you heard their song "how the story goes"? Not their best...I must say. Tis a shame....
  • I think it's a good thing to realize that your favorite band are real people, who might be awesome, fucking awesome, but aren't perfect. And I don't think it makes you less of a fan to notice/comment when things could be better.

And, for the record, I do like the Redwalls. They're not my favorite band ever, but I enjoy their music, and they put on a good show in Kansas City.

And Sweetpea and Jaded, you both said it well, so I'll stop typing now.
  • Well I don't see any flaws yet because I've seen them once. But as soon as I can travel anywhere I want, (a little under 11 months until I'm 18!) I'm sure I'll see them.

But I am aware of there drinking and how good they smell. biggrin.gif

I have some other stories from my first Redwalls show but I won't mention those here.
  • QUOTE (poison @ Sep 8 2005, 10:53 PM)
    ...I get too much of a homo-erotic vibe from them when two of them are sharing the same mic to sing harmony.

So true. The first time I saw them I didn't know anything about them, and I totally got the homoerotic vibe. I didn't think twice about it, actually- it's not like there's a shortage of homoeroticism in rock these days, and I have to admit that I'm a proponent of the movement- but then I'm looking at them and it really looks like a couple of them are brothers, and then I just felt confused and a bit disturbed.

I don't know if I'd blame it on mic-sharing, though. I don't think it's all that difficult to share a mic without looking like you're about to make out.

Oh, and since we're doing all this clarifying, I wouldn't exactly classify myself as a Redwalls hater. I have their first album and might get their new one as well, eventually. They're not the most dynamic band, but they're a solid show and they have a few stand-out songs. I don't know why it's so easy and enjoyable to make fun of them, but it really is.
  • I recommend you buy the second album. It's definitely awesome.