American Hi-Fi
    3 Doors Down
    Hard-Fi
    Kaiser Chiefs
    Franz Ferdinand
    The Kooks
    All-American Rejects
  • you have good choise in music my good sir
  • Hanson. Now, before you judge, check out some recent stuff, particularly This Time Around, Underneath, and the new live album I don't remember the title of. They're actually really talented and have come out with some great music post-teenybopper-Mmmbop phase. Seriously. I'm not crazy.

I also recommend old-timey Fleetwood Mac for sure. Pre-Buckhingham/Nicks (as much as I love Buckhingam/Nicks) is good times.
    Maria Mena.
    Nellie McKay
    And I totally second whomever recommended Yes and the Kinks. Oh! And Harry and the Potters rock my world. Haha. So funny.

That is all.
  • penny and me rocked
  • QUOTE (Fionnuala @ Jan 11 2006, 12:37 PM)
    Nellie McKay

lol! I love "The Dog Song"
  • QUOTE (Fionnuala @ Jan 11 2006, 01:37 PM)
    Hanson. Now, before you judge, check out some recent stuff, particularly This Time Around, Underneath, and the new live album I don't remember the title of. They're actually really talented and have come out with some great music post-teenybopper-Mmmbop phase. Seriously. I'm not crazy.

Actually, that's what I've heard, especially about This Time Around. I haven't given them a listen in so long, I really should. I used to be one of those teenyboppers. First concert I went to? Hanson. biggrin.gif

(Mind you, that was when I was 13. The next one I went to was Le Tigre, and I was 19. I missed out on this whole going-to-concerts thing when I was in high school.)

QUOTE (Fionnuala @ Jan 11 2006, 01:37 PM)
    Oh! And Harry and the Potters rock my world. Haha. So funny.

Harry and the Potters are awesome. I missed out getting to see them right before Hallowe'en- they played a concert at Mt. Holyoke and then they hosted a costume contest. :\ But I had a really good reason not to go- I was seeing OK Go the same night!

Also, have you heard Draco and the Malfoys? They're pretty sweet. Ron and the Weasleys kind of sucks, though.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Jan 12 2006, 09:53 PM)
    Also, have you heard Draco and the Malfoys? They're pretty sweet. Ron and the Weasleys kind of sucks, though.

I didn't even know such a band existed! But I have looked them up and am now listening to them. Pretty awesome. "I've got a broomstick, it's better than yours." Heh. Dirty!
  • I recently purchased Irving and We Are Scientists... both are equally awesome. Oh, and the Dandy Warhols (I may have mentioned it before, but All the Money or the Simple Life Honey just came on and, my goodness, is that song addictive!).
  • These guys are not really my favourite band... I just found out about them... they are really folky, with a kinda poppy twist. You can stream thier entire CD at http://www.cufftheduke.com/

my fav tracks are "The Ballad Of Poor John Henry" and "The Future Hangs"

check em out... thier preety diff from the usually music I listen too, but still very fun
  • so you kids have all probably heard of neutral milk hotel but if not, you are missing out
  • Interpol
    Bloc Party
    Mando Diao
    Graham Coxon
    Delays
    The Music
    The Strokes
    The Vines
    Richard Ashcroft
    Editors
    Maximo Park
    Bush
    The Hives
    Kings of Convenience
    Madness
    Pinback
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Audioslave
    Soundgarden
  • Some new additions:
    The Moldy Peaches (and, seperately, Adam Green and Kimya Dawson... Kimya moreso than Adam)
    The Books (I'm currently infatuated with Lost and Safe. I like the new actual formulated songs with vocal accompaniment rather than simply "found sound.")
    Tacks, the Boy Disaster
    Eux Autres
    Voxtrot
    The Pinker Tones
    Monkey Swallows the Universe <3 <3
    Spoon
  • ^nice Voxtrot! (I heart Jason Chronis)

Sound Team
    New Order
    Feist
    The Cure
    Saint Etienne
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jun 12 2006, 02:52 AM)
    ^nice Voxtrot! (I heart Jason Chronis)

mhm! Their music is gorgeous. Have you heard the cover of Shayla on their website? It's magnificent.
  • INTERPOL
    are my absolute favs ever in the whole wide world ever.
    after that, there's:
    The Offspring
    Ok Go
    Tally Hall
    Hellogoodbye (so-called keyboardcore)
    RHCP
    Willy Mason (is a god)(and from MV)
    Bloc Party
    and so many others...
    mhm! Their music is gorgeous. Have you heard the cover of Shayla on their website? It's magnificent.

ya! I love their New Order cover of Love Vigilantes though! Both are great! How did you discover them may I ask?
  • Loudon/Martha/Rufus Wainwright
    The Strokes
    OK Go
    Weezer
    Broken Social Scene
    Feist
    Pixies
    The Breeders
    The Flaming Lips
    Jenny Lewis/Rilo Kiley
    Apples In Stereo
    The Arcade Fire
    Spiral Beach
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jun 12 2006, 03:12 AM)
    ya! I love their New Order cover of Love Vigilantes though! Both are great! How did you discover them may I ask?

I actually heard The Start of Something as a podcast from Indiefeed Alt (I'm sorry to admit. It makes me feel like a poser of sorts. Oh well. It brought me to Voxtrot and the Pinker Tones). I couldn't stop listening and dancing and flailing to the song, so I found them on Myspace (thank god for the internets) and have loved them since. And you?
    I actually heard The Start of Something as a podcast from Indiefeed Alt (I'm sorry to admit. It makes me feel like a poser of sorts. Oh well. It brought me to Voxtrot and the Pinker Tones). I couldn't stop listening and dancing and flailing to the song, so I found them on Myspace (thank god for the internets) and have loved them since. And you?

Actually I don't remember exactly, I think I was checking out SXSW bands and Voxtrot's name just sounded like a neat name and that linked me to their site or I could have also been reading blogs that linked me to them, anyway, they're a Texas band, I should know something about it I guess! And yeah! I listen to podcasts and read blogs! does that make us posers? I think not. It just makes us that much cooler to know about obscure bands.
  • QUOTE (oknow @ Jun 12 2006, 03:36 AM)
    Actually I don't remember exactly, I think I was checking out SXSW bands and Voxtrot's name just sounded like a neat name and that linked me to their site or I could have also been reading blogs that linked me to them, anyway, they're a Texas band, I should know something about it I guess! And yeah! I listen to podcasts and read blogs! does that make us posers? I think not. It just makes us that much cooler to know about obscure bands.

hahaha. Well, I didn't mean to infer that all blogs and podcasts a poser makes, it's just something with the name "indiefeed" made me feel a bit poserish. However, in retrospect, that comment didn't fit since I've found most of my "obscure" bands through blogs/podcasts (even the 88 in the same blog as the Damian "u tilize" argument before they became all "we're the 88 and we're all over the place).

Glad to find someone else who likes Voxtrot. Their name always makes me giggle.