In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• The ref for the England/Paraguay match was the worst ref ever!
  • *nods at revolvers comment*
  • brazil tonight

the world cup just got sexyer

*rubs legs*
  • Pfft, looked like Switzerland tried to pull a little Hand of God trick!
  • The two games this evening were utter trash. Infact the best team i have seen so far are the Czechs. Lets hope Spain do something this year
  • ronaldo ate to much <incert german food> before the game

AMIRITE?!
  • He's been a fat useless waste of space for about a year. Hes apparently got a fever? So why play him? Adriano was predictably shat.

Im so tired of hearing how Brazil have already won the cup, they're 11 men like any other team. Greece proved that tactics reign above ability in the Euros.
  • *life taken over by the world cup*

I'm so excited to see Italy destroy the US on Saturday. And I hope Brazil doesn't win--I want someone new to win.
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 12 2006, 11:42 AM)
    I hope USA lose every game and get fed to lions

that's not nice.

Clint Dempsey can't get fed to the lions. he needs to come home and help my Revolution start winning. really now. Also, you wouldn't want to lose the US players who play over in europe and stuff, would you?

anyways, I didn't see one spot of the US game and I don't want to.

I also don't see why everyone needs to hate us in soccer, when they hate us in every other sport for being fairly good. I mean, the olympics and stuff I understand, but we're not gonna win anything in soccer anyways. so you might as well ignore us as hate us for it.

whatever.

The croatia-brazil game was okay. I like kaka. I like his name, too.

I heard Arena is changing the US's starting lineup. I hope he puts Dempsey in. (for purely shallow reasons, yes, but i like Dempsey. He plays for the Revs and he's cool.)

I hope TnT make it, too. Avery John also plays for the Revs. He's not playing in the next game, becaues of the double yellow, but still.
  • I must say Kaylee and KoKAndy overrate Japan. They fucked up except GK Kawaguchi, he is the man. Rest of them are like a sissy whose organ withers just when his girlfriend is ready in bed. Sorry if I'm talking mean but I was so mad at them.

You guys saw the game of Brazil vs. Croatia, huh? Croatia lose but they did great. There will be no chance for Australia and Japan to get through.

QUOTE (The King of Kings @ Jun 12 2006, 04:06 PM)
    ive just bought myself a japan flag on ebay

What a waste! Poor KoKAndy. You can only use it as a handkerchief and blow your nose sad.gif.

QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jun 13 2006, 11:45 AM)
    andy, japan only scored when someone pushed our goalie over

I felt so ashamed...
  • Hahaha, beautifully put. I wasn't expecting anything out of the US so I wasn't disappointed, but I will be just as pissed as you are if Italy screws up any of their games.

there are so many ads hyping the US/Italy game as if the US has a chance--lol!

edit:
    i'd better not have to eat my words on saturday....*crosses fingers*
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Jun 13 2006, 11:16 PM)
    I must say Kaylee and KoKAndy overrate Japan.

Hmm lol. I don't think so. All of my comments on Japan were making fun of KoK for thinking Japan are going to advance. tongue.gif

Brazil v. Croatia, pretty good game. Croatia isn't bad at all - only let one goal by! Everyone I talked to was betting that it would be 3-0 (c'mon, it's not the US.) I think a lot of people have their expectations too high for Brazil. Croatia had great offense and had several great opportunities to score. I must say, that Croatia gave Brazil quite a run and I am sure Brazil could have played a lot better than they did. Australia and Japan are going to struggle with both of these teams.

I'm interested in seeing Germany dominate tomorrow.
  • Poland are out for revenge. Poland are a good side, they wont jus sit back and let the germans play.

No major teams have played with any real flare so far, they're jus ensuring they get the result. The first win is important cos it then means you only need 1 win out of the next 2 games to ensure qualification. Things will start gettin better once it gets to the second lot of games i reckon/hope
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 14 2006, 07:40 AM)
    Poland are out for revenge. Poland are a good side, they wont jus sit back and let the germans play.

No major teams have played with any real flare so far, they're jus ensuring they get the result. The first win is important cos it then means you only need 1 win out of the next 2 games to ensure qualification. Things will start gettin better once it gets to the second lot of games i reckon/hope

I totally agree with you!
    none of the big names have done anything outstanding thus far in the tourny and are basically playing at what little it takes it get through, reservering it for the 16s i guess!!

Let's hopethe excitement increases as the tourny goes oN!
  • 3 big games tonight, 1 huge game tomoro

yes please
  • QUOTE (The King of Kings @ Jun 14 2006, 08:13 AM)
    3 big games tonight, 1 huge game tomoro
    yes please

I have my wesbite that refreshes every 25 seconds to tell me the scores/pl;ay by play of the game...damn not being able to watch it live via internet at work
    *shakes fist at the company*
  • Can you not listen online? or does your computers at work not have speakers? You can watch games online actually. go to www.bbc.co.uk and have a look on there
  • QUOTE (Revolver @ Jun 14 2006, 08:48 AM)
    Can you not listen online? or does your computers at work not have speakers? You can watch games online actually. go to www.bbc.co.uk and have a look on there

i am in the mailroom/front reception today so sound is a nono!

tis ok ill sneak peaks and shit!!
    run down to the print shop at the main floor and watch it on their tv tongue.gif hahaha
  • The bbc website blocks some non-uk users. They have a live video feed but only uk users can watch, and the radio didn't work for me...
  • GRRRRRR need

To

Watch

world

Cup

**dies*