In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• come on england'land
  • oh fuckity shit

bye bye owen ='(
  • What happened? I've had a terrible day and haven't been following soccer at all for the last couple days. What's going on?
  • owen looks to have royaly fucked up his knee

joe coles goal was kinky
  • That was a pretty sweet match.
  • no it was heart break!

stupid sol camble

"OMG GET THE BALL AWAY FROM ME FOOT!!"
  • haha atleast we've got ecuador next and not germany right?! smile.gif
  • very true my dear jen

but with only 2 fit strikers, one of which has never played at this level...doesnt fill me with much hope

meh we will still win the cup...just be nice to have owen fit for it
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 20 2006, 06:03 PM)
    very true my dear jen
    but with only 2 fit strikers, one of which has never played at this level...doesnt fill me with much hope
    meh we will still win the cup...just be nice to have owen fit for it

i was semi disappointed with the ec/germany game!
    i think ec will play better though in the 16....
  • now you say this roz

i see the light

england are no match for the mighty ec

*wake up*

=p
  • pfft lOL

leave me be!!!
  • I don't see Owen coming back. The same thing happened to my knee a few years ago and I had to quit soccor/dance for ever. GRRR. POOR OWEN. I was looking so forward to seeing him up front with Rooney. blah.
    And did Joe Cole totally own that game, or what? Not only did he score a goal, but he's definitely got the best footwork on the team and he was ALL over that field the entire game. Boy, Mr. Cole! That was fabulous. And Gerrard made a great save wow.. a lot like Terry's (but Terry's was cooler.)

For you guys worrying about Italy, they're totally going to make it to the semi finals and get 4th place. First of all, Czeck and USA aren't going to win their games. So that puts Italy first place in the group, and Ghana second place in the group. Then in the knock out round they are going to play Australia and they will definitely knock them out (even though Australia is an incredible team.) Then they'll play Switzerland in the final eight (or maybe Ukraine) and they'll win no matter which of those two teams they're playing. Then that puts them in the semi finals with Portugal (if Portugal beats England in top 8). Portugal will beat Italy, sorry. But, they still get 4th place.

Man, Argentina v. Holland. Both are such good teams, so a tie seems right. I was thinking Argentina would win, though.
  • edit: oops I freaked over nothing, thank GOD for having 2 ESPN channels so I can watch both games tomorrow morning--and I don't have to miss the end cause my prof. is starting class late since the US is playing....word.

and poor Owen! Out for at least 6 months? I really hope his knee is okay...
  • gutted for owen

hopefully he will go back to liverpool now

COME ON JAPAN
  • italy game....today....*shakes*

FORZA AZZURRI
  • what the hell did totti do to his hair?
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 22 2006, 08:24 AM)
    what the hell did totti do to his hair?

HAHAHHAHA
    who fkn knows!
    i dont understand what my fellow wop does anymore anyways!

maybe it willhelp him run better or some shit!

whatever dammit they better friggen win
  • "OI ROOOOOBERRRRLLLTO PASS THE PRINGLES"
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 22 2006, 08:28 AM)
    "OI ROOOOOBERRRRLLLTO PASS THE PRINGLES"

AHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA laugh.gif
  • you have that add in america land also?

we have amainb uswiser ones on the start and end of the add breaks with two american footy hosts

they are better then the football