In this Discussion

the offical world cup thread

Comments

• I saw some--I'm sad I missed it, but I did get to see the shitshow that was the Portugal/Netherlands game. wtf was going on? 5 red cards? I guess that's good for you since Portugal will play England without 2 great players, but that game was just absurd. I've never seen such a physically aggressive game before. I thought there were going to be punches thrown a couple times.
  • the ref had no control what so ever

most cards in a game ever, well tied with the record..madness

ronaldo might be out also
  • That was the dirtiest fucking game ever. I loved it.

Four red cards and sixteen yellow cards. REDICULOUS!

Man, that was wild. But all those yellow cards puts England in a good position. So many of the players have yellow cards, so I can definitely see a red card showing up in their next game which is an advantage for England.
  • If Ronaldo's out of the next game, someone better go after that Netherlands player who fouled him.
    (<----)

I do appreciate a dirty game, but I would've liked it better if Portugal had been up another goal so I wouldn't have been worried about a tie for so long. But they still won with 8 players so that's pretty awesome.

Aw, I like Portugal, I dunno who I'll root for, them or England....*gasp*
  • sadly it doesnt work that way

if they get booked again they miss the next match if they go though

thats in reply to kaylees post

QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Jun 25 2006, 10:21 PM)
    If Ronaldo's out of the next game, someone better go after that Netherlands player who fouled him.
    (<----)

I do appreciate a dirty game, but I would've liked it better if Portugal had been up another goal so I wouldn't have been worried about a tie for so long. But they still won with 8 players so that's pretty awesome.

Aw, I like Portugal, I dunno who I'll root for, them or England....*gasp*

someone studded his thigh

im sure you could rub it better for him =p

poor hardgreives today, he got gashed hadcore one his shin

ive been studded in the knee before, its given me like perminent knee issues! hurts like buggery
  • WOAH, yeah I was wrong. It won't matter unless they beat England, that's when those cards stack up if they advance.
  • QUOTE (Kaylee @ Jun 25 2006, 10:30 PM)
    WOAH, yeah I was wrong. It won't matter as they are crap and will be beaten by England,

CORRECTED'D

=p
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jun 25 2006, 04:26 PM)
    someone studded his thigh

im sure you could rub it better for him =p

I bet I could. haha

I was worried about Ricardo cause he took a bad hit towards the end, but I guess he's ok. Injuries suck so much. Has there been anymore word about Owen? Do they know if he'll be able to play in 6 months or will it be longer?
  • 6 months is the figure atm

newcastle, the team that own him are gutter, £80,000 a week they have to pay him for being injerd

they are demanding the FA pay him instead
  • There's an enquiry going round about the ref. at the Australia/Croatia game
  • I really wanted to watch the Holland vs Portugal game sad.gif. I wish I could have BS or CS or cable tv...

Congrats to England, Beckham did an amazing job. However, the way they played was rather unimaginative?

QUOTE (giggleguy @ Jun 23 2006, 03:38 PM)
    When did we cheat in the Aus - Jap game? Oh wait, maybe you're getting confused with when the Australian goalie was PUSHED out of the way.

Anyway, I'm tired and I don't care if we lose against Italy, we've still made history

You're very true, giggleguy. I believe it was Japan's foul.
    Italy vs Australia tonight, it's going to be a good game!!!
  • Ok so italia plays in less than an hour and again i am at work (*shitting myself)

the portugal/neatherlands gamewas interesting to say the least.

does anyone know if fifa reviewed that head butt Luis Figo did and if they are going to suspend him for the game against england?
  • YES! SCHWARZER IS IN GOAL!!!! Lol Rose it's 20 past midnight right now
  • I have class during the game and it's driving me crazy...go Italy!!
  • Not fair. Not bloody fair.
  • Sorry! You guys did really well this year, though. Congrats on getting so far (haha you did about a million times better than the US).

Francesco Totti is my hero.
  • well done to auz

YOU DONE GOT CHEATED

hurts like a bitch doesnt it

HOW IRONIC!
  • ^ Oh, don't be so bitter! Japan had no chance of making it out anyway.

Switzerland/Ukraine shoot out BAHUMBUG. God, I can't believe Ukraine won (random fact: Damian Kulash told me this was one of his favorite teams). I thought Switzy was going to win, but I don't think either teams are that grand.

Congrats to Italy, I had to miss the last 5 minutes to go to work, and I am guessing that's when they scored. My friend told called me during work and told me that Italy just won because of an unfair penalty kick. Haha, too bad.
  • Cheers to Australia, I wanted to watch Kweel (sp?) on the pitch again tho. They've made history already.

Who was that Ukraine player who kicked the second on penalties? Beautiful shoot! I shouted YEEEEEEAAAHHHH at 6:30 in the morning.