In this Discussion

Things Not to Say When Meeting a Rock Star

edited November -1 in General Discussion
I'm going to Warped tomorrow and I was thinking about what to say at the meet and greets..but then I got to thinking what's the weirdest thing you can say when meeting a rock star. Here's some my friend came up with. Feel free to add on.

"When did you lose your virginity?"
"Can i have a kiss?"
"Can I have an autograph? Or do I have to work for it?"

Comments

• well what i said to damian was pretty creepy...

me: i like your pants
    damian: ya they're good pants...
    (actually he was cool with it, i don't think he thought i was too creepy...)

also not saying anything is more wierder... just doing movements....
    me: *hands setlist to myles (drummer from wolfmother) makes autographing mimes*
  • "Do you have change for a dollar?"
  • ^^^ i know if your going to bother them for change, it might as well be for 5 dollars plus
  • biggrin.gif

I met Alex from Franz and asked him to sign my Franz calendar, and he did and said, "I didn't even know we had an official calendar." And I said, "Yes. And I bought it. Wasn't that nice of me?" And he said, "Yes, it was." And I thought to myself, "Wtf???" blink.gif I couldn't believe I said that, and I still have no idea where it came from.
  • I feel like anything starting with "So I read/saw on MySpace...." is bound to sound creepy, no matter what you do.
  • Basically, don't repeat anything I say because it seems I can't say anything UNcreepy.

"So, I met your entire family..."
  • is it true you hooked up with lindsay lohan?? lol i'm joking i've been reading alot of ohnotheydidnt.
  • Don't say anything along the lines of "So we were discussing you on your band's official board.." because that creeps the hell out of people/shows how big of a nerd you are. ARoss especially will stare you down on that one... *sweatdrop*

Also:
    "Are those girl pants you've got on?"
    "So how many STDs do you REALLY have?"
    "I found some ABC gum of yours in a dumpster last year, I was wondering if you could sign __person'sname__ Jr. for me? Ignore that mold on it, it's the personality that defines Jr."
    "Are you wearing makeup?"
    "Those pants are awfully tight, are you sure you're not a girl?"
    "You don't sound anything like you do on the cd. Is that really you singing?"
    "Are you that guy from that band? What's your name?"
  • if you see 30 seconds to mars, don't talk jared leto about his movies. i heard he gets mad about that.
  • "I drove 2 days to see you. Oh yeah, and here's a $40 gift card to Starbuck's, oh, and some cookies...and ties...and brooches...and my mom..."
  • i made a hair doll of you. that's from slackers, i love that movie.

but seriously. i've never really said anything stupid in front of rock stars. but i almost fell, so that's pretty bad. that and made fun of my cousin in front kevin from amr. haha that was a fun night.
  • "You are so hot, sometimes I dream about you, but in a totally normal way, but I guess sex dreams are normal for everyone, NOT that I had a sex dream about you, not that I didn't want to, I mean I've imagined you naked, but, OH GOD, STOP TALKING..."
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 2 2006, 12:03 AM)
    "You are so hot, sometimes I dream about you, but in a totally normal way, but I guess sex dreams are normal for everyone, NOT that I had a sex dream about you, not that I didn't want to, I mean I've imagined you naked, but, OH GOD, STOP TALKING..."

lmao....sorry that is just too funny.
  • "When you die, I will take over..."

Actually, my friend told Damian, "We're your number one fans." I didn't like that. How many times must he hear that? But he was real sweet and appreciative about it. Dang, I will definitely come up with more. This thread is just too fun!
  • QUOTE (Tempe Arizona @ Jul 2 2006, 12:29 AM)
    "When you die, I will take over..."

Actually, my friend told Damian, "We're your number one fans." I didn't like that. How many times must he hear that? But he was real sweet and appreciative about it. Dang, I will definitely come up with more. This thread is just too fun!

Of course you didn't like that, it's because you knew that your friend was lying. I'M their number one fan, it's a simple mistake, we've all made it before.
  • "I really like that one song of yours that goes *sings a line of the song*. What? You don't sing that? Damnit! What do you guys sing?! blink.gif "

"I wrote you a letter and you never wrote back! mad.gif "

"I didn't know you guys had a new album out!" huh.gif "

"Do you know my friend [insert name here]?"

"Could you sign this? I'm not a fan, but I know this guy that is."

"What band are you in again?!"

"You're a lot shorter in person."

"You're a lot uglier in person."

"Are you drunk/high?"

Or...there's always what I did with Dan (of OK Go). Shove a CD booklet at him with two markers and tell him to "sign wherever you want".

-Andi
  • QUOTE (HelloLover86 @ Jul 2 2006, 08:21 AM)
    Of course you didn't like that, it's because you knew that your friend was lying. I'M their number one fan, it's a simple mistake, we've all made it before.

i think you'll find your there 818th fan

Member 818

i rest my case

oh and never try and touch rockstars...they dont seem to like it
  • I just have to say I think this thread is really silly. You guys, they're just people!! They're exactly the same as you and me! Also;

"Do you know my friend [insert name here]?"

yeah like 4 people from this board have done that for me. And not once has Dan said no.... THANK GOD!!!

So the only things you really shouldn't say, are the things you wouldn't say to strangers. Yeah...
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Jul 2 2006, 05:55 AM)
    oh and never try and touch rockstars...they dont seem to like it

But if they want to touch you, go ahead and let them. Ain't nothing wrong with that wink.gif
  • from mixtape's sig: I HAVE POSTERS OF YOU NEXT TO BED!!

this one's funny too (can be said alone or to follow the above quote):
    WILL YOU MARRY ME?!