In this Discussion

To suit or not to suit.... that is the poll

Comments

• with most men, shirt and jeans make them look young, and a suit makes them look, old, but not, wrinkly, sophisicated like!
  • Suits without question.

They look very sharp.
  • QUOTE (sweetpea0431 @ May 7 2006, 03:28 PM)
    Haha, I had to go find the Burleigh pic that caused all the commotion back on the old boards.. I think there are still some Burleigh lovers lurking around tongue.gif

And yeah, it's either the black button down, or the Colt 45 shirt tongue.gif

YES!
    Awww Burleigh.
    Of course there are still Burleigh lovers around here.
    MEEEE.

This is one of my favourite Damian - suit photos.

I love the Colt 45 shirt though.
    NO SUITS
  • Awww I have a photo with Burleigh in it. And I also have one with Ara in it too, when he was like, Burleighs replacement for a while... hehe smile.gif

I think I like them in tshirts because they feel attainable haha (trying to not to sound like a whore writing that)
  • QUOTE (The End Has No Jen @ Jul 2 2006, 06:04 PM)
    I think I like them in tshirts because they feel attainable haha (trying to not to sound like a whore writing that)

Yes yes! That's what I've been trying to express!
  • damn i love damian in that colt 45 shirt. haha i use to wear a checkered wrist bands like tim back in highschool, i had a black one and a red one. i wonder where they went.
  • I liked the standard rocker t-shirt and jeans. It just looks a lot more comfortable and, no offense to OK Go, but the suits always seemed kind of gimmicky to me. I felt like Ok Go's music was so good, they didn't need to be flashy or anything. The suits are still nice-looking and fun, but damn I bet they're uncomfortable.

P.S. GO BURLEIGH! Tambourine dance!!! Burleigh is so cute. My friend pointed out that he has an adorable laugh, and he talked to us about his cat once.
  • QUOTE (WeMadeShirts @ Jul 5 2006, 01:41 AM)
    I liked the standard rocker t-shirt and jeans. It just looks a lot more comfortable and, no offense to OK Go, but the suits always seemed kind of gimmicky to me. I felt like Ok Go's music was so good, they didn't need to be flashy or anything. The suits are still nice-looking and fun, but damn I bet they're uncomfortable.

P.S. GO BURLEIGH! Tambourine dance!!! Burleigh is so cute. My friend pointed out that he has an adorable laugh, and he talked to us about his cat once.

Yeah, the suits are gimmicky, but maybe all we have to do is wait for their next album to reinvent themselves again. But really, what could they do new and interesting that no one has ever done before, dress up in banana suits?
  • I wouldn't mind that, really.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Jul 5 2006, 03:08 PM)
    I wouldn't mind that, really.

But think about the reaction from bananas. You haven't seen real anger until you insult a banana.
  • That reminds me of these little toys I had as a kid...my Nanna would buy them at the general store (this sounds like an episode of 'Hee Haw'..) and they were these tiny little dolls that looked like fruit..like, there was Sherry Cherry and Patty Peach, and the banana was ALWAYS scowling. In every single pack I got, he always had this terrifying look on his face and I used to scream about "THE ANGRY BANANAAAAA!!!!"

So yeah, sorry, that was pointless.
  • OMG, for some reason that sounds faguely familiar. Was that a toy made by a famous company or just a dollar store kind of toy?

Oh, uh hem, back to thread...
  • I asked my mom and she said that they were like cheap little party favours that you could buy to decorate cakes or something, but she doesn't remember who made them.
  • Are you sure it wasn't at all related to Strawberry Shortcake? Bananas are tempermental, they're like the only fruit that bruises easily and actually goes bad in the fridge.
  • Very sure. I was OBSESSED with Strawberry Shortcake and I remember the obivous rip-off aspect bugging me.
  • What about bananas in pajamas?
  • No. They were so brutal to those poor bears.
  • So, basically, bananas are evil and they probably wouldn't make the best reinvention for the guys. But what other options do they have?
  • They could just steal Madonna's reinvention and wear purple unitards.
  • Hmm, or cone bras?