In this Discussion

Things Not to Say When Meeting a Rock Star

Comments

I felt it fit this thread.
  • haha... yeah... good stuff.
  • "I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABIES!!"
  • QUOTE (tvheartache @ Sep 3 2006, 09:02 PM)
    "I WANNA HAVE YOUR BABIES!!"

hee... you know, I wouldn't be embarrassed if I said that to a rock star.

because 1) they probably hear it all the time, and
    2) My friends and I say that to each other all the time, so it doens't bother me.

that being said, I would never say that to a rock star.... usually I'm near speechless when I meet people like that.
  • I don't think I would EVER say something like that to anyone of OK Go, just because I respect them too much to. But then again, you never know, I might just melt like an M&M in someone's hand & scream my fucking lungs out.
  • along those lines would be: "lets breed"
  • its not a roll of quarters.
    i am infact happy to see you.

lol

i thought u were gay..
  • "I named my vibrator after you".
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 4 2006, 12:13 AM)
    "I named my vibrator after you".

laugh.gif Good one.
  • haha nice.

I had a terribly awkward encounter with the lead singer of Mxpx and all i could get out was "can I get a picture with you?" No I love your band or "good set" or anything like that, just can I get a picture...being speechless is embarrassing and to this day I kick myself for that stupidity.
  • i think i am the walking-talking-living-breathing version of what NOT to say/do around rock stars (or just people in general.) oh, the many stories i can share of my complete awkwardness...

the only person i seem to be cool with though is tim. can talk with him for ages. what a sweetheart.

...but it is ALWAYS awkward around dan! ever since he found out about my crush on him like 4 years ago, we just cant seem to hold a convo without it being...uncomfortable, but in a totally cute giggly way haha. plus, HE makes it awkward too!

i still have flashbacks of this one totally random moment back in February 2004: After a show in NJ, my friend Megan (singer/guitarist of Le Superteam, our now defunct OK Go cover band) and me (drummer) are standing there talking amongst ourselves. I sensed someone looking at me (cause i'm creepy like that) so I look around and over across the room I see Dan & Paul (drummer of Spiraling) talking together and looking in my direction. Finally, Dan walks over and the first thing he says is "Tanya, your body is amazing..." then he pauses to TOTALLY check me out, up and down. i'm DYING inside then he continues "...but you need to drink some protein shakes." I'm just like "I KNOW! I'm definitely the scrawniest drummer around! i mean, look at this!!" and i demonstrate by flailing my skinny arms around. He takes my left arm, grabs my wrist, and starts playing with it! He's like "no..no...." and just keeps gently flipping my wrist back and forth to make my fingers dangle. "...nice..." I'm just completely mesmerized at this point and watching him play with my hand. Megan missed what he was saying and turned around to see him playing with my wrist and me just staring as if it was the most incredible thing ever! haha! it must've looked weird. Meg starts flicking her wrist around and is like *pointing to her wrist* "what's this??" and then Dan just stopped. GGGRRR! THANKS MEG!!! then it just got really awkward and silent so we finally asked for pictures with him. HAHA.

anyway, thats just one of the countless awkward moments i've experienced. this thread totally makes me want to go back and reread the reviews of shows i used to write and relive all of the awkwardness in its full glory! hahaha
  • QUOTE (QueenofthePosers @ Sep 4 2006, 01:34 AM)
    haha nice.

I had a terribly awkward encounter with the lead singer of Mxpx and all i could get out was "can I get a picture with you?" No I love your band or "good set" or anything like that, just can I get a picture...being speechless is embarrassing and to this day I kick myself for that stupidity.

That's all I was able to say to everyone in Ok Go the last show I went to. Well, I said thanks afterward too. I'm just painfully shy and have a hard enough time talking to my peers let alone members of bands that I'm obsessed with.
  • QUOTE (unicornsplzzz @ Sep 4 2006, 11:29 PM)
    That's all I was able to say to everyone in Ok Go the last show I went to. Well, I said thanks afterward too. I'm just painfully shy and have a hard enough time talking to my peers let alone members of bands that I'm obsessed with.

me too.

I went to a Tally Hall show and I didn't even say anything to the bassist! I juststood there while he signed my friends' pants and gave her a hug...gah. I felt so dumb.

I did talk to the drummer, though. he was really really nice.
  • QUOTE (thephantommilk @ Sep 4 2006, 06:19 PM)
    me too.

I went to a Tally Hall show and I didn't even say anything to the bassist! I juststood there while he signed my friends' pants and gave her a hug...gah. I felt so dumb.

I did talk to the drummer, though. he was really really nice.

Was this at the show where Tally Hall opened for Ok Go at, I think it was, Paradise Rock Club? Haha, I noticed you are from MA, so just wondering. I was at that show, and Tally Hall was completely and utterly awesome!! Though I too just stood by as my friend got their autograph... smile.gif
  • I said a Variation of "I have posters of you next to my bed" when the drummer from the Trews asked me where The sticker I got signed was going to go. I said In my bedroom.

It wasn't that awkward.

for me.
  • QUOTE (yoshixc @ Sep 5 2006, 12:35 AM)
    Was this at the show where Tally Hall opened for Ok Go at, I think it was, Paradise Rock Club? Haha, I noticed you are from MA, so just wondering. I was at that show, and Tally Hall was completely and utterly awesome!! Though I too just stood by as my friend got their autograph... smile.gif

sadly, no... I couldn't go to that as it was 18+,
    but this was at the Tally Hall/Puffy AmiYumi show in July.

I haven't seen Ok Go yet, but I probably won't say anything to them, either. I'm too awkward.
  • Yesterday I told the lead singer from Stabilo "You guys are the RAD!"... he just replied "he he thank you..."

• i've never met OK GO, yet, but when I do I'm sure I will say something utterly brainfartted. Its a gift and a curse. I always over analyze what I'm going to say to EVERYONE not just rockstars and then I will say something and it won't sound nearly as cool as it did in my head. LIke when I met Ricky from the Aquabats I was just like woah you're holding a lot of stuff...do you need help? (he was holding a suit case a broken drum stick a set list his coat and his hat) he was like....sure! so he gave my sister and i the stick and the set list while he put his coat on and he let us keep them and then there was some silence and i was just like wow...I like your coat...he was like thanks, i like it to, it keeps me warm...it was pretty funny. Then when I met the Bat Commander i was like wow I'm so sorry I screamed your moms sick during the show(He had said he was really sick so I screamed that and it was like all of a sudden it was really quiet he just stared at me) he was like oh don't worry I thought it was funny, I was so embarrased...when I meet Dan for the first time I'm sure i'll say something like "When you're shoe almost came off during the VMAs I almost cried" or "My mom said you looked like a chicken when you were playing your set on Lettermen, I punched her" yeah Now I know what I'll say. Actually I'm nervous cause I just recently started working on a Dr. Seuss Book for them and when I give it to them its gonna be all ackward and creepy, I'm sure they will be cool about it but i will still have that stomach churning embarassment feeling.

Someone said just don't say anything you wouldn't say to a stranger, the problem is I will say anything to a stranger. I pride myself on my ability to humiliate myself in front of complete strangers, its just how I roll.
  • QUOTE (God @ Sep 4 2006, 03:13 AM)
    "I named my vibrator after you".

I laughed so loud that the girl in the dorm next door to mine came over and told me I was nuts...and loud.

I just didn't think an "LOL" would suffice.

I just realized I said something really embarassing to Nate of The Lashes:

"Yeah, I had to gain a lot of weight for the part, I'm not really this fat."

Although I wasn't lying, I don't know why I said it.
  • I saw the Trews yesterday, and:

Me: Hey Jack & Sean, where's Colin and John-Angus?
    Jack: Oh they're doing the interview.
    Sean: Oh, the better 2 of the band isn't here. Just disregard the other half of the band..
    Mel: oh no don't worry you guys rock too.

That was fairly awkward..I just really wanted Colin and John's autograph.