In this Discussion

How'd You First Get into Ok Go?

Comments

• I met their manager at a car show in New York and got a summer internship at the management office. I'd not heard of them before then, because (evidently) capitol is NOT giving them any of the attention they need...Anyway! I was given the entire album and single and promo disc collection and was totally hooked! Not that I had an excuse not to be...

Only problem is that I haven't met them yet. But I will. Tee hee hee...
  • My friend Sarah sent me a link to the treadmill video. My husband and I watched it going, "Is that them singing? Is this a band? Or..what's going on here?" I kept saying that Tim was my favorite, because he's funny with his little head movements and what not.
    So then I researched it and found out that yes, indeed, it is a band and yes, indeed, that is their song. a few days later, I bummed around iTunes and convinced myself that spending .99 on a song is a good investment, but spending 6.93 on the entire album is a better investment. Mainly, I just thought it was cheaper to buy the whole thing. Lord strike me down, but I originally had no intention of listening to the entire thing. Just to that song. Over and over again. Because I am obsessive.
    But, then I listened to it. And LOVED it. And then I downloaded their first CD and then I burned both of them and my friend Sarah and I giggled like teenage girls while we listened to them.
    Amen.

QUOTE (RejectedSponge @ Sep 7 2006, 11:54 PM)
    I didn't realize madTV is that popular. I think there are more people on this board that watch madtv than people i know in real life who watch madtv.

That is awesome. And true. But, mainly awesome.
  • My friend Alex was a huge fan of them in the 2001-2002 ish area. He saw them with The Vines or some crap band (no offence to fans of the Vines) like that and was pretty chill with Damian and Tim. They weren't BFFzzz or anything but me and Alex went and Danced in the Orange "Don't Ask Me" video and i've been hooked ever since.
  • youtube..

I was bored and decided to find some entertaining videos.
    than I bumped into the "million ways" video. the song was so lovely and the dancing moves were sooo adorable! a...week[?] later I saw on the most viewed videos some four guys on treadmills! I had to watch it! again, the song was great and the dancing moves?! wowww. wow. I just sat in front of the computer with my jaw on the floor! I had to watch it about 5 times. than send it to my friends. than showed it to my parents [that were totally amazed and loved it too!]. than made my friends watch it with me! and all along I just thought to myself: "who are those crazy, funny, talented and incredible guys?!" when I found out that they are the band members I knew I had to find out more about them.
    I listened to some songs. [yeah, i'm an awful person! I downloaded! sad.gif] and I loved it all! so..I decided to buy the cd because they deserve my money!

and I wish that they'll come to Israel because I sooo want to see them live!
    but I don't guess it will happened any time soon [also because almost no one knows them here! it's awful! I can't name one person who knew them before I showed him the treadmill dance!]
    and if they'll come here next year it will be even worse, because I will be recruited to the IDF and wouldn't have a chance to see them.. sad.gif
  • Get Over It was on TV somewhere and I thought it was super catchy... And that was that. I bought their CD's and have been waiting for OK Go to come to San Francisco on a weekend, cause I have missed them a bunch of times.
  • about three years ago, ma friend who was a guitarist in my band
    gave me some mp3 and he suggested covering it.
    it was a YSDH and that was the first time I ever heard OK Go.
    when i heard YSDH, i had biggest crush on YSDH!!
    so we covered YSDH and i suggested members to cover another ok go.
    but they didnt accept my opinion.
    of course i know actually their songs are not for keybordist
    but i really really didnt care about that!! sad.gif

three years, by the way??
    those days were like just yesterday!
    where does the time go?! blink.gif blink.gif
  • It was a darkand stormy night, and I was bored out of my mind so I picked up an old CD that came free with Q magazine. I listened to it, there were some decent tracks.

Then I heard track #9 and my life changed forever.

Unable to move faster than a speeding bullet, especially in the middle of the night, I was forced to wait until morning while abusing the repeat button on my CD player until I could arise the next morning with the knowledge that I could now obtain every single song ever recorded by this fantastical phenomena I had uncovered.

So really I must thank my dad for reading Q magazine.
  • The first song I've heard of them was GOI (like almost everyone). I saw Damian and I thought "he's sooooo hot!". But i only saw it once and i forgot about them. A few months ago, I was at a pizza place with my best friend, and they had this big LCD in the wall behind me. It was on MTV, when my friend said "look up at those nerds!" and when i saw it i found the HIGA dance very cool (cause when somebody says that something's nerd, i'll probably love it...).
    Then the VMA's came and then I loved it so bad that I searched more things about the band and here i am, as a fan. wub.gif
    The funny thing is that i couldn't find they're albums yet i just downloaded the musics from limewire (i'm also a very very bad person) i want to have the original albums but i can't find them...it's kinda sad... sad.gif
  • I first saw OK Go on Conan O'Brien in like '02 or '03. Even though the sound was crappy I thought they might have something... and the rest is history.
  • I am a very new fan. Someone emailed me the treadmill video only about 6 weeks ago. I started to research them - and the more I learned about them, the more I liked them! Now, I don’t know if I’m taking too much medication or not enough, but I’m crazy about them! I bought both albums and love them both. I find myself checking this bulletin board WAY too often. And after their Ann Arbor concert this weekend, they have a true fan in me. I’m older than most of you (42) so, of course, my friends think I am certifiable. But, mark my words, the next time OK Go comes to Michigan, I’m bringing some of my Book Club friends with me!!
  • that's the magic of ok go, eveyone of all ages and nacionalities loves them!Cause they're simply awsome laugh.gif
  • I saw one of their videos a while ago, loved it, but had no idea of who were they, so I went like crazy trying to search for the tittle of the video on youtube etc etc. A few days later, by pure change saw the video and the tittle smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Ivee @ Oct 16 2006, 01:28 PM)
    I saw one of their videos a while ago, loved it, but had no idea of who were they, so I went like crazy trying to search for the tittle of the video on youtube etc etc. A few days later, by pure change saw the video and the tittle smile.gif

I'm glad you found it! haha

There really are people of all ages and from all over who listen to the boys. It's pretty awesome. I think it calls for more world tours...
  • yeah!world tours would be a really good idea and they should remind the boys that the end of western europe it's not Spain, there's still a tinny country with at least a really obcessed fan waiting to see them laugh.gif
  • ^Portugal? lol
    they came to Barcelona the first of Octover and I couldn't go. I want tthe boys to come back! buh.
  • Si en Sevilha ou más perto de Portugal (sorry about the lausy portunhol I'm terrible at writting in Spanish but I can speak a little bit).
  • I was on the L Train (NYC) and the guy had Crash and Burn playing really really loud on his Ipod I was standing right next to him and I couldnt get t he song out of my head so I went home and googled it and found out that the album was coming out so I went out and got it and thats how i got hooked
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Oct 24 2006, 05:28 PM)
    I was on the L Train (NYC) and the guy had Crash and Burn playing really really loud on his Ipod I was standing right next to him and I couldnt get t he song out of my head so I went home and googled it and found out that the album was coming out so I went out and got it and thats how i got hooked

Hi CrashAndBurn. The song's called "It's a Disaster." It's one of my favs too! I'm Tempe. Welcome to the boards wink.gif
  • i was reading the journals of a band i'm in love with (locksley), and they mentioned ok go. and they pretty much said ok go is amazing and everyone should check them out. i, of course, obliged and fell in love. not too interesting, haha. but what makes it better is that about 8 months later, locksley and ok go were in my town at the same time, and locksley ended up opening for ok go. that was incredibly amazing, and probably one of the greatest nights of my life.
  • I found out about OK Go when I first saw their video for Here It Goes Again last September (I felt like such a loser for knowing them too late). And when I did I was like, "Wow, these guys are amazing" and I fell in love with their music too. Oh No is such a great album. How I wish they could have a tour in Asia as well. They're getting popular here in my country by the way. smile.gif