In this Discussion

Chicago show 11/10

edited November -1 in OK Go
[edit]

Comments

• Thanks for the video! And your pictures are great. I don't quite get the "No Sign" thing but I'm so glad you had such a great time! I'm getting really, really excited to see them in a couple weeks.
  • Man, Sheri, those are some AWESOME pictures.
  • Ah, Sherib, what a fantatic experience! Next time they come back to Chicago, will you adopt me? You're awesome.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 12 2006, 02:52 PM)
    And Tempe, you can call me Sheri smile.gif Do you like Tempe or Rose?

Oh, I have many nicknames. You may use any you like: Tempe, Rose, Krose, Roach girl, Tempe Goulet, Dr.Arizona Medicine woman, or you can give me whatever name you like. I really don't mind being called anything at all laugh.gif Sheri is a pretty name. Ah, I'm still stewing in my own juices that you got to see the lads 2 days in a row! How fantastically awesomely rad!
  • First off, can you BELIEVE this crap?!?

http://cgi.ebay.com/OK-GO-Rare-Signed-Auto...1QQcmdZViewItem

I'd really like to ring the neck of whomever is listing that. Basically they went to Best Buy, had them take time out from REAL fans to autograph something, then stuck it up on eBay. That's a really shitty thing to do.

Secondly, I cannot even comment on how awesome the Chicago show was. I'm still reeling. My emotions have gone haywire. But I will say this:

Damian loved it because he is now an adverb. *I* loved it because he (sweetly) lifted up my shirt for the camera.

I also have my own pictures from the show (though I think having pictures AND video outdoes anything) if anyone would like to see them once I get them uploaded.
  • that is a rather great shirt
  • QUOTE (Head Full of Crazy @ Nov 12 2006, 07:14 PM)
    that is a rather great shirt

Thank you! I was afraid it would come off as looking/sounding very badly, but Damian and the rest of the boys seemed to enjoy it thoroughly (Damian even said "Oh, so YOU'RE the one with the shirt! Everyone was talking about you upstairs.") Very flattering. smile.gif
  • ooo wow, its always good to be talked about by the guys
  • That's an awesome shirt!

Sheri, you take great pictures. I love how you took a picture of Mike Kent's rolled up pant leg. Too bad he wasn't wearing his argyle socks.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 12 2006, 11:59 AM)

i like the woman with the evil eyes in the background, haha. red eyes never cease to amuse me. i have a few pictures of some drummers with red eyes & that's especially amusing, as it looks like they're going all crazy on the drums.

anywho, very nice pics!! what did damian say when he saw the mugshot?
  • Sheri, post the picture of Damian smiling "with teeth," it's sooooooo funny, and it's definitely my favorite.
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 12 2006, 12:59 PM)
    Friday night was one of the best nights of my life. Imagine going to a concert and having one of those concert daydreams of yours actually come true. Now imagine having about twenty of them come true, plus ones you never imagined. INSANE.

That's so awesome! I'm so glad you had such a great night!!! laugh.gif
    QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 12 2006, 07:12 PM)
    *I* loved it because he (sweetly) lifted up my shirt for the camera.

*gulp* Just wow! You look really pretty in that picture, too.
  • that's awesome. i bet damian threads his eyebrows.
  • Hahaha, he totally would. I was looking at something in The Body Shop yesterday, and one of the annoying sales ladies was like, "Aren't you a serious little shopper! You know how I can tell you take this stuff seriously? Because of your perfectly manicured eyebrows." WTF.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Nov 12 2006, 09:21 PM)
    Hahaha, he totally would. I was looking at something in The Body Shop yesterday, and one of the annoying sales ladies was like, "Aren't you a serious little shopper! You know how I can tell you take this stuff seriously? Because of your perfectly manicured eyebrows." WTF.

Hahahaahah, I would have liked to have been there. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (justbelieve87 @ Nov 12 2006, 07:45 PM)
    anywho, very nice pics!! what did damian say when he saw the mugshot?

Since I was the evil one who stuck the mugshot on his microphone base, I'll go ahead and answer. smile.gif

After the second song (I believe), he picked it up and said "I guess this is someone in the audience's doing?" Everyone laughed while I looked at my feet, giggling. "I'm not sure whether to be offended or flattered." (still staring at feet, somewhat embarrassed) Then the rest is verbatim. I believe he said something about being really tired when the picture was taken and he wasn't sure whether to smile or not. Then he posted the mugshot on the top of his microphone. Later he gave it to someone in the audience. And even later still, I apologized for having put it there, but that it was going to be a stencil for my "I've Been Kulashed" shirt and I didn't get it on there in time, so I figured it would make an appearance somehow. He seemed to enjoy that answer. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Nov 12 2006, 10:21 PM)
    Thank you! I was afraid it would come off as looking/sounding very badly, but Damian and the rest of the boys seemed to enjoy it thoroughly (Damian even said "Oh, so YOU'RE the one with the shirt! Everyone was talking about you upstairs.") Very flattering. smile.gif

OH MY!!!! AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH... That's soooo cool!

This must have been THE concert...

The pics are breathtaking... I couldn't see the videos nor the pics on myspace, due to my crappy internet today sad.gif, but I'll definetely see them asap.

smile.gif
  • QUOTE (sherib @ Nov 14 2006, 12:31 AM)
    And the other thing that I found absolutely fantastic ... Jennifer was supershy about meeting the guys (all but Dan, whom she'd met in Cincinnati). She had me push her toward them because she couldn't do it herself. laugh.gif Well, when she went over to Damian, she was really shy, and she was staring at her feet, afraid to look at him. He's like, "What's going on? What are you doing?" (said in a curious, cute voice) And she sort of whimpers, "I'm afraid to look at you." lol So he says, "Hey, it's okay, I'll just look at my shoes, too," and looks down at his shoes and inches toward her, both of them staring at their shoes, him talking although I can't remember what he was saying, and her laughing, until their foreheads are touching. It was one of the cutest, sweetest scenes I've ever seen. I tried to get a picture, but by the time I thought to do it they broke apart. Then they talked and the shirt thing happened, etc., etc. biggrin.gif

I want to see them!
    laugh.gif biggrin.gif
    While we were standing there about to get the picture taken, I told him, "You have to smile with teeth." laugh.gif In the picture I'd gotten with him in July, he's grinning close-mouthed. Which is fine; I love the picture; but I wanted one of those awesome fan pics where he's got the gorgeous smile. wub.gif Even if I had to order it special. laugh.gif So he's like, "With teeth, huh ..." and we do the picture, and Jennifer laughs when she takes it, and I'm thinking she's just being giddy. So she gives me the camera, Damian turns away to talk to someone else, I look at the picture, and:

aww, that's adorable! I love when Damian's nice to people haha.

And I love the "with teeth" story, too. I'm so jealous of you all and your fun conversations with the guys. I can never speak around people in my favorite bands.

Maybe at the Ok Go show in a couple weeks, I'll be able to talk to them....put probably not. I hate being shy.