In this Discussion

OKGO in the Tdot

edited November -1 in OK Go
ok heres my long arse-bloggio/review/rant...

Monday November 13 2006 was Radtastic!

OK GO DEMANDS!

The sis' and I went down to Much On demand and was in the audience for the Ok Go performance. They played "Here it goes again" and an acoustic "A Million Ways". It was Too awesome.
Dan gave me a low five and then a high five. AND he didn't hold back! OH YES! Too awesome.
I also hugged Damian and he commented on my shirt and asked me if it was homemade. Damian is to sweet.

OK GO, WAY TOO MOD FOR YOUR BOD!
After eating subway for dinner Fel and I separated From Al and Tiff as they went home and we headed for the MOD club. we got there around 7 and there was already a couple of people ahead of us.

Fel and I amused ourselves waiting by singing random Ok Go lyrics and dancing to the wierd music this van was playing. They played lots of Ok Go songs at the end. It made me even more excited. I was going insane by the minute waiting for the doors to open. Fel and I started talking about the song "Good Idea at the time". She remembered that when we've seen them play it previously they've paused and and we wanted to say something witty or amusing at that chance. I muttered things about mutton chops, but Fel suggested "SO WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT" and that seemed rad so we made it a plan.

THOSE FRENCHIES NEED A KICK IN THE PANTS!
When we got into the club we hat to wait a very long while longer for the support "The French Kicks" to start thier set. I was excited to see this band as I've heard a couple of songs previously. I was sort of dissapoited by thier set. The songs were ok, but I could hardly hear the vocals over the very high volume of the instumental elements.

Maybe it was supposed to be that way, I'm not really sure, but if not thier tech crew didn't do a good job.

Also the performance of the band members were uninspireing. The drummer, by far, was the most animated of the lot. He smiled at me during the first song after seeing my "dance moves".

The lead vocalist also fit his rolce of sad mysterious pretty boy, but I could hardly hear him so I guess it was all in vain.

The bassist and the 2 guitarists looked like they were hypnotized... I don't know... seemed like they were either scared or bored.

OGTC 4 LIFE!
After the French Kicks set the well oiled, all in orange jumpsuits, machine I like to call the OGTC (OK Go Tech Crew) got to work. These guys are to rad. After umm... the french kicks dissassembled thier own instruments... the OGTC jumped in clearing the fallen wine glasses and beer bottles, plugging in the various amps and distortion pedals and checking everything meticiously yet quickly. The French kicks could use a few of these guys. the end product sounded ace.

READY, SET, OK GO!!!!!!!!
when OK Go finally graced the stage my feet stopped feeling numb (from standing so long) my mouth started screaming and I was rocked. I was rocked hard. OK Go Puts on such a good show its insane. The new stage show is full of effects and spectacle, complete with "Damian Cam" a camera on his mike that takes upclose video and displays it as a backdrop, Random confetti, Jumping into the crowd, blow up prongs and very, very, very, amazing lighting... creating different glows, moods, and varying degrees of awesomeness.

HERES THE SET LIST!

When It came time for "Good Idea at the time" Fel and I were right on cue and Damian smirked/laughed at us and continued the song. What a Rad-arse moment.

For many parts of the set Damian Jumped out into the crowd. Ond time The rest of the band follwed along and went to the middle of the club and played an acoustic "A million ways" and "what to do". The whole room was singing along, I thought I was the only OK Go Fan in Toronto, It was amazing.

I would also like to point out that damian didn't seem drunk. You have no idea how happy I was by this.

Drunk Damian = Amusing
Semi Sober Damian = amusing and radtastic to the extreme

At the end of the show we waited for a while. We only got to see Dan, but who cares... DAN IS THE MAN!
If the subways worked later in the night we no doubt would have stayed longer to meet up with the rest of the boys.

RANDOM THINGS THAT MUST BE SAID:

-all the boys looked great, expecially tim who looks like he's been working out.
he was very rudely reffered to as "the fat one" by some mean arse kids infront of us in line. But he so is not! Tim is looking fit! must be all those lunges.

-Damian jumping into the crowd is a prime time for you to stroke him... I mean... I so did not stroke Damian...

-Dan is one handsome devil

-Damian was "smitten" by all the kids at much music as they were "16 and knew all the words to A million ways"

-You're so Damn Hot is a "Sport anthem" and was "Dedicated to everyone involved in athletics"

-"Get over it" is also a sport anthem.

-Damian *points to tim*: "Does he look like he likes sports?"
Me: YES!!!!!

-Damian *referring to some screaming kid in a audience*: what?
Fel: RUSTY, he loves Rusty!
Damian: ohh Andy Russ Ross Ladies and Gentlemen, we 1st called him that caus we tought it would sound like you were hazing him.
Dude in audience: I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES RUSTY!

-Damian *to random screamind dude*: usually when someone says things like that I'd say I'm the one with the fucking microphone, but you have such a clear voice, its like you already have a microphone

-Damian on mtv live: "shamelessness is a virtue".

-Andy rocks the guitar so hard, so insanely hard.

-when damian asked witch cover they should play...
me: Cinnamon lips!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Damian: I'm not asking for Suggestions I'm giving you two options!

-Right before the "what to do" acoustic in the middle of the club I couldn't see anything... so some guy offered to ift me up onto the stage... I said "maybe you could just take a picture for me" but he just jumped down and lifted me up before i could say anything else. It was strange, and I was completely shocked, but i guess I'm happy he did as I got to see the performance and make a shitty recording.

-Some kid: I Love you Damian!
Damian: why? as you can see i'm a bit of an asshole.

Id like to close saying that OK Go has once again cemented my love for them. It will never go away, they are the band that I've seen th most, probably the one that I love the most, the music thier personalities, them as people, its all rad. This was the best show of my life, by far, and so far. It was insanely fun, memorable, interactive, spectacular, and at the moments when everyones singing overpowered Damian's and we all fromed one clear strong voice... It felt so strange, I felt at home.

OK Go Toronto Nov. 13. 2006 at the mod club will go down in history for me. I can't wait till next time.

Tim, Andy, Damian and Dan,
My love and Gratitude forever,

MB

DON'T ASK ME! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPOJO9f8yOQ
Damian goes into crowd then complete caos http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SsH8cEBH-F0
Acoustic, far away "What to do": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Daccpl88NA
Damian Rocking out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kS3ar8KN7LA
Return: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fm4y_HVqTLE
I'll upload the cover in a while...

Some of these videos are the wrong way, as I am completely stupid and don't know how to even hold a camera properly...
If you want to download them just msn me and I'll send them over. I also have lots of mini ones of nothing really cool.
I have no idea when i'll be able to upload the gazillion of pics Fel and I took... but I'll do it cause everyone must see those blow up throngs.

Comments

• Thanks for sharing your awesome OK Go experience and the vids as well. That was just great! smile.gif
    Damian: why? as you can see i'm a bit of an asshole

hahahaha

That sounds like such an awesome night! I'm glad you had fun.

Was Dan the only one to come out after, or were the others just mobbed by people so you couldn't get to them? I wanna know what to expect for the show I'm going to in a couple weeks...
  • Oh my God, "Return" made me get all teary-eyed.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 16 2006, 12:30 AM)
    When It came time for "Good Idea at the time" Fel and I were right on cue and Damian smirked/laughed at us and continued the song. What a Rad-arse moment.

I r just a few posts away from newbie status - on cue for what and in what way?

I would also like to point out that damian didn't seem drunk. You have no idea how happy I was by this.

Drunk Damian = Amusing
    Semi Sober Damian = amusing and radtastic to the extreme

Ouch. Has there been previous discussion about Damian having a propensity for excessive imbibing?
    Damian: why? as you can see i'm a bit of an asshole.

LOL - spot on self-perception. The boy is beautiful but he can on occasion display just a tad of arrogant asshole-ness (not that there's anything wrong with that...)

Thanks for the awesome bloggio/review/rant/
  • QUOTE (CanaCove @ Nov 16 2006, 01:20 PM)
    I r just a few posts away from newbie status - on cue for what and in what way?

Fel and I yelled "SO WHAT YOU GONNA DO ABOUT IT" during the pause in "good idea at the time" It was too much fun.

Ouch. Has there been previous discussion about Damian having a propensity for excessive imbibing?

well when I saw ok go at the xbox launch party last year they were all wasted. It was a party with probably free booze involved so it was expected. Fun times and slurred lyrics. but no where as mindblowing as this last time.

Thanks for sharing your awesome OK Go experience and the vids as well. That was just great!

no prob!

Oh my God, "Return" made me get all teary-eyed.

Yes, It was so touching... sad and beautiful and amazing.

Was Dan the only one to come out after, or were the others just mobbed by people so you couldn't get to them? I wanna know what to expect for the show I'm going to in a couple weeks...

I think they all came out, as I saw that vid with Damian for Vendro... but we had to leave cause the subways close at 1:20 and we didn't want to be caught down town with no transportation.

I'll upload the cover of light orchestra or something soon. I think that vid came out best. Maybe when I get home I'll get it up.
  • oh my lord... best concert of my life so far.

mel, you put it into words so well.

... but you forgot...

at MOD i force hugged Damian...

i was showing him my shirt (paisly) and he thought i wanted to sign it... i didnt, so i just hugged him... he was just like "ok...". I think he was weirded out by me, but then everyone started giving him hugs after me.

gah! best day ever

oh yeah, Rollo yelled "Snark-a-snoops!" in her agressively loud voice and Tim turned around and gave her a little nod and Damian said "apparantly they have a few fans here".

and on mtv he corrected his own grammar... wub.gif
  • I am sosososoosos bummed I was not there.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 15 2006, 10:30 PM)
    OGTC 4 LIFE!
    After the French Kicks set the well oiled, all in orange jumpsuits, machine I like to call the OGTC (OK Go Tech Crew) got to work. These guys are to rad. After umm... the french kicks dissassembled thier own instruments... the OGTC jumped in clearing the fallen wine glasses and beer bottles, plugging in the various amps and distortion pedals and checking everything meticiously yet quickly. The French kicks could use a few of these guys. the end product sounded ace.

I completely agree with you. They are so awesome. I'm constantly talking about Mike Kent. All of my friends not only know about OK Go, but also about Mike. I also just met Jordan even though he's been with them for a little bit now and he's awesome too. Everyone that works with OK Go is awesome and a lot of them have names that start with J. J orge, Jeff, Joe, Jordan.

I'm sad that there wasn't confetti at my show.
  • [quote name='agentnumone' post='84342' date='Nov 16 2006, 12:30 AM']
    I also hugged Damian and he commented on my shirt and asked me if it was homemade. Damian is to sweet.[/quote]What's it like, and was it homemade?

[quote](French Kicks) The songs were ok, but I could hardly hear the vocals over the very high volume of the instumental elements. [/quote]It was like that in Chicago too. [quote]The lead vocalist also fit his rolce of sad mysterious pretty boy, but I could hardly hear him so I guess it was all in vain.[/quote]That guy is about a million feet tall.

About the drummer, I thought he was amazing. I don't know anything about drumming really, I suppose, but I thought he was really good.

[quote]When It came time for "Good Idea at the time" Fel and I were right on cue and Damian smirked/laughed at us and continued the song. What a Rad-arse moment.[/quote]Awesome biggrin.gif

[quote]-all the boys looked great, expecially tim who looks like he's been working out.
    he was very rudely reffered to as "the fat one" by some mean arse kids infront of us in line. But he so is not! Tim is looking fit! must be all those lunges.[/quote]Jerks ... Yes, Tim looks great. I had thought he looked trimmer in stuff online and on TV, and when we were right by him during the Friday show, I was like, "Wow! He looks so thin!" Good for him.

[quote]-You're so Damn Hot is a "Sport anthem" and was "Dedicated to everyone involved in athletics"

-"Get over it" is also a sport anthem.[/quote]LOL

[quote]Dude in audience: I WANT TO HAVE YOUR BABIES RUSTY![/quote]LOL again!

[quote]-Damian *to random screamind dude*: usually when someone says things like that I'd say I'm the one with the fucking microphone, but you have such a clear voice, its like you already have a microphone[/quote]Haha biggrin.gif

[quote] but he just jumped down and lifted me up before i could say anything else. It was strange, and I was completely shocked, [/quote]Whoa, that's kinda wild.

[quote]-Some kid: I Love you Damian!
    Damian: why? as you can see i'm a bit of an asshole.[/quote] LOLOL

[quote]and at the moments when everyones singing overpowered Damian's and we all fromed one clear strong voice... It felt so strange, I felt at home.[/quote]Oh, that is awesome. Sooo awesome.

So glad you had such a great night!!!! You know, Melissa, I've been wild about you ever since the VH1 message board days. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 16 2006, 08:47 PM)
    I completely agree with you. They are so awesome. I'm constantly talking about Mike Kent. All of my friends not only know about OK Go, but also about Mike. I also just met Jordan even though he's been with them for a little bit now and he's awesome too. Everyone that works with OK Go is awesome and a lot of them have names that start with J. J orge, Jeff, Joe, Jordan.

I'm sad that there wasn't confetti at my show.

Whoa! you know thier names?! Wait... whos Mike Kent? I saved a bit of confetti. too rad.

I am sosososoosos bummed I was not there.

Hey matt, did Roro go? Don't be bummed, just look forward to the next time!

Oh, that is awesome. Sooo awesome.

So glad you had such a great night!!!! You know, Melissa, I've been wild about you ever since the VH1 message board days.

Sherib you rule. I haven't been on those in ages, but I loved being so annoying/snarky on them. Hahaha you as well as others were too rad. hahaha i'm still basking that was the amazingness of that show.

And ya my shirt was homemade... I posted a picture aloooooong time ago. maybe i'll find it, i cant see it on my flickr right now.

edit: whoa... seems like tix for the next okgo conert is like 40bucks plus service.... maybe i'll stalk them if they go to tv stations again... otherwise... whoa expensive...
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 17 2006, 08:35 AM)
    Whoa! you know thier names?! Wait... whos Mike Kent? I saved a bit of confetti. too rad.

Mike Kent is the bald one. Well, he shaved his head. He's been at every OK Go show I've gone to and a few of them have been age restricted show, so he's had to put up with all my complaining and he always tries to get me in, which is why he is so awesome. Then I just kind of introduced myself to the rest of them and learned their names because they're all pretty cool too.
  • QUOTE (Felster @ Nov 17 2006, 12:13 AM)
    oh my lord... best concert of my life so far.

mel, you put it into words so well.

... but you forgot...

at MOD i force hugged Damian...

i was showing him my shirt (paisly) and he thought i wanted to sign it... i didnt, so i just hugged him... he was just like "ok...". I think he was weirded out by me, but then everyone started giving him hugs after me.

gah! best day ever

oh yeah, Rollo yelled "Snark-a-snoops!" in her agressively loud voice and Tim turned around and gave her a little nod and Damian said "apparantly they have a few fans here".

and on mtv he corrected his own grammar... wub.gif

Ahh! Youuu!!! Me and my pals were the ones who danced! We kinda talked to you/your friend in the red OK Go shirt (I have no idea who I'm talking to right now..) after MoD. That was fun, was it not?
  • hahahha I was then one with the red shirt!

did you go to the concert? Damian was totally smitten by you. He said it himself!

A cover they did at the show. by light orchestra or something... I'm not really sure, but its too rad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiBe_r1a9s
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 18 2006, 01:41 AM)
    hahahha I was then one with the red shirt!

did you go to the concert? Damian was totally smitten by you. He said it himself!
    A cover they did at the show. by light orchestra or something... I'm not really sure, but its too rad. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mKiBe_r1a9s

OOH MY GOD, TELL ME MOREEEEE WHAAATT????

HOW OLD ARE YOU? YOU LOOKED YOUNG, WASN'T THE SHOW 19+??
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 17 2006, 10:35 AM)
    Sherib you rule. I haven't been on those in ages, but I loved being so annoying/snarky on them. Hahaha you as well as others were too rad. hahaha i'm still basking that was the amazingness of that show.
    Yeah, I haven't been on there either. I still vote a time or two whenever I go online, because it's still set as my browser homepage, lol. They actually fell off the countdown last week. Eek! P.S. You can call me Sheri smile.gif

Sometime soon I have to go in and find the links of all the threads I started there and send them in for my JC funny money, if I can still get it for that.

QUOTE (ezorvera @ Nov 17 2006, 06:15 PM)
    and he always tries to get me in, which is why he is so awesome. Then I just kind of introduced myself to the rest of them and learned their names because they're all pretty cool too.
    Oh, that's so cool of him!
    Awesome, who's who? I'll try to describe: there's the darker-skinned guy with black dread/braid-type things and (I think) glasses; the sort of squat guy with short brown hair (haha--during setup before the Thursday night show, he told us not to touch Andy's wires, and I said, "If we don't touch the wires, can we touch Andy?" And he looked at me like I was a freak and said, "If you can get a clean shot at him, whatever--I just care about the wires" or something to that effect, lol); and the guy with the long black hair in a ponytail (?).

That'd be Electric Light Orchestra, "Don't Bring Me Down." Man, I love that song.
    I remember freaking out on my friend at the Milwaukee show in February when they played it; I hadn't known before then that they ever played that song. 'Twas awesome. smile.gif
  • QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 17 2006, 08:56 PM)
    OOH MY GOD, TELL ME MOREEEEE WHAAATT????

HOW OLD ARE YOU? YOU LOOKED YOUNG, WASN'T THE SHOW 19+??

hahahah he said he was "smitten" by all the kids at much music as they were "16 and knew all the words to A million ways". He also said "we went to much music today, and there were these chicks who knew the whole dance" aka you. aka you are rad. tongue.gif

ya it was 19 plus. I'm 20. hahaha ya I get mistaken for a 12 year old all the time.

That'd be Electric Light Orchestra, "Don't Bring Me Down." Man, I love that song.
    I remember freaking out on my friend at the Milwaukee show in February when they played it; I hadn't known before then that they ever played that song. 'Twas awesome.

thanks Sheri, lol now I know. And I always thought your name was Sher-ib, now I see, Sheri b makes way more sense.
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 18 2006, 02:05 AM)
    hahahah he said he was "smitten" by all the kids at much music as they were "16 and knew all the words to A million ways". He also said "we went to much music today, and there were these chicks who knew the whole dance" aka you. aka you are rad. tongue.gif

ya it was 19 plus. I'm 20. hahaha ya I get mistaken for a 12 year old all the time.

thanks Sheri, lol now I know. And I always thought your name was Sher-ib, now I see, Sheri b makes way more sense.

Aw, sorry man! I didn't really get a good look at your face. I just saw your height. (Being there = head dipped in wax. that's what it feels like. *drool* damian.. and his hug... god.) Hahaha about that.. Katie, (one of us) and Ingrid (another), were the ones closer to you, they saw you hug him, and we all just RAN out, like "AHH HE'S HUGGING!!"

THAT'S AMAZING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Ya I was the first one to ask for a hug! Then everyone started hugging! It was a damian hug fest!

but Damian refering to you guys! TOO RAD!
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 18 2006, 02:13 AM)
    Ya I was the first one to ask for a hug! Then everyone started hugging! It was a damian hug fest!

Wowza. he was like "AND YOU!" to me.. ahhheh... We were soo nervous, dancing. THEY WERE RIIGHT THERE! But in line before the show, we showed Dan a couple stills from our video, and he was like "Oh! This is you guys!?" and he mentioned them picking finalists soon. Anywho, so I'm hoping he told them later or something. Either way, I think we left on a high note, and they know we can dance. haha
  • QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 17 2006, 08:05 PM)
    Ha biggrin.gif Yeah, I didn't come up with an original screenname when I joined because back then I didn't think I would actually be posting. Now look at me--shit ...

That is really cool.

QUOTE (Suzy @ Nov 17 2006, 08:09 PM)
    and we all just RAN out, like "AHH HE'S HUGGING!!"
    LOL!!!!!!!! laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

QUOTE (agentnumone @ Nov 17 2006, 08:13 PM)
    Ya I was the first one to ask for a hug! Then everyone started hugging! It was a damian hug fest!
    We should start a First Hugs club! biggrin.gif Cuz I asked for the first hug at that Milwaukee show! LOL