In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I'll add my hoorays to everyone else's: HOORAY! This is big. Next time it'll be for a song. My favorite thing is that they are all named as directors and producers, because THEY MAKE COOL STUFF. Whee!
  • You know what, Trish deserves a lot of credit. Let's give it up for Trish!! biggrin.gif *applause*
  • That's awesome! I'm so happy for OK Go! smile.gif

Although it would have been better if they were also nominated for Best Album or something. biggrin.gif

They should win this one! smile.gif
  • yay for Trish!!!
    *clapclapclapclapclap*
    How amazing, to think of dancing on treadmills. What a wondeful mind.
  • I'm happy for the boys. Looks like no rivals in other nominees, I believe they'll win.

QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 7 2006, 09:30 PM)
    On a side note, wtf is up with James Blunt getting so many fucking noms? And the Pussycat Dolls? Please.

I guess that because lots of people like bland boring music and cheap sex.
  • I think they'll win as well. I'm so excited for them!!! Also, when they win.. I can't wait for the speech. Undoubtedly it'll involve some good vocabulary. And humor.
  • "Mind Blown!"

Congrats guys! This beyond amazing.
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Dec 8 2006, 06:35 AM)

Mmmm. Bland, boring music and cheap sex. Always a lovely combination.
  • Kyyaaahhh!!! That is so amazing. I'm so glad for Trish & the guys!!! WOO! & everything everyone else already said laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Dec 8 2006, 01:35 AM)
    Looks like no rivals in other nominees, I believe they'll win.

Well, the RHCP video is actually pretty good, but I haven't seen any of the others. You know the Grammys haven't actually been awarding the right people recently, right? And you know there's something wrong when the Pussycat Dolls are nominated, so if the guys didn't win I wouldn't be terribly surprised. I think they deserve to win, but who knows if it'll actually happen..... mellow.gif
  • QUOTE (setsumi @ Dec 8 2006, 05:35 AM)
    I'm happy for the boys. Looks like no rivals in other nominees, I believe they'll win.

setsumi!
  • http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah3035.shtml

Stars React To Their Grammy Nominations

OK Go's treadmill video has gotten the attention of the Grammy people. The video for "Here It Goes Again" is nominated for the short-form video Grammy. The reaction from singer Damian Kulashis, "Are you serious? Man, the wonders never cease." He says the nomination gives him faith that "a good idea can actually trump truckloads of money." He's thinking big, though. He says, "Does this mean we get to meet Justin Timberlake again?" OK Go's competition in that category are videos by Big and Rich, The Killers, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Underoath.

The Grammys will be handed out February eleventh in Los Angeles.

Kulashis. Nice. wink.gif
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 8 2006, 10:39 AM)
    He's thinking big, though. He says, "Does this mean we get to meet Justin Timberlake again?"

lol

ooooo i wonder if i can get my friend to get me tickets to the grammys, haha
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 8 2006, 01:39 PM)
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/news/ah3035.shtml

Stars React To Their Grammy Nominations

OK Go's treadmill video has gotten the attention of the Grammy people. The video for "Here It Goes Again" is nominated for the short-form video Grammy. The reaction from singer Damian Kulashis, "Are you serious? Man, the wonders never cease." He says the nomination gives him faith that "a good idea can actually trump truckloads of money." He's thinking big, though. He says, "Does this mean we get to meet Justin Timberlake again?" OK Go's competition in that category are videos by Big and Rich, The Killers, Red Hot Chili Peppers and Underoath.

The Grammys will be handed out February eleventh in Los Angeles.

Kulashis. Nice. wink.gif

Mmmm....I loves me some Damian Kulashis.
  • QUOTE (toiletdog @ Dec 8 2006, 03:12 PM)
    Mmmm....I loves me some Damian Kulashis.

ROFLMAO!!!!!!

Me too.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Dec 8 2006, 10:39 AM)
    Kulashis. Nice. wink.gif

It must suck to be Damian. His name is never spelled correctly.
  • Okay, the deficiencies of Damian's name are present everywhere.

There was that one 'professional' interview with some station and what was his first name, Damina.

I believe I saw, "Damian", before. I think that was "Sessions with AOL".

I can't conjure up any more anecdotes of these particular incidents as of now. But obviously there have been others too.

As far as the whole Grammy's thing goes.

Holy Shit.
  • QUOTE (EcstaticGrandmas?! @ Dec 9 2006, 07:41 PM)
    There was that one 'professional' interview with some station and what was his first name, Damina.

I remember that. It was some local news show where they're walking down the street or whatever. I was calling him Little Miss Damina for about a week.
  • I'm still amazed by this. What I find weird is that they're in the same category as Underoath. I hope OK Go wins...I'd cry if it happens.
  • QUOTE (jedi_grrlie @ Dec 8 2006, 09:14 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=88613
    setsumi!

Hi Andy! Thank you for remembering me. *waves*