In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

1141516171820»

Comments

• ihave7stars-you are truly amazing. thanks!!
  • i was watching the grammy pre show and when i first saw 5 guys in matching outfits with their face covered up the first group that came to mind was OK Go dont ask me why i dont know.but im glad they won. A friend said they looked like they stole someones wallpaper and made their outfit (which I totally cursed her out for saying that) dont understand why people cant apreciate a groups' artistic--not-giving-a-crap-what-anyone-thinks, side. I think a band that has the balls to show up wearing that is a band to be treasured
  • QUOTE (CrashAndBurn @ Feb 15 2007, 08:22 PM)
    dont understand why people cant apreciate a groups' artistic--not-giving-a-crap-what-anyone-thinks, side. I think a band that has the balls to show up wearing that is a band to be treasured

Exactly! That's exactly how I am, which is proably why I only have like ten friends.
  • true dat, yo.
  • just to show that yes, Damian is very facetious and does kid around with Andy- and we love that about them, hehe:

Oh, No was recorded with the band's previous guitarist, Andy Duncan, who left the band because of the overwhelming travel schedule only three weeks before the start of the new tour. That meant that OK Go had three weeks to find a new individual who could play both guitar and keyboards and dance. Kulash visibly brightens while recounting the anecdotes from their search saying, "I'm just kicking myself that we didn't videotape it because it was so funny." Highlights included a man who tried to convince them that "whoop dang" spelling backwards is "poontwang" and another who interpreted their simple keyboard melody into an avant jazz space odyssey. Rusty Ross was selected from a field of thirty-five musicians and managed to learn the set in time for the tour. He is a full-fledged member of the band, right down to the self-depreciating humor that defines them. While the rest of the band recounts the audition process, Ross gloomily interjects that they "didn't get much to show for it." "That's right," Kulash good-naturedly responded. "[She] asked us what we thought of you and we said a twerp and a fucking asshole." Konopka added, "You forgot dipshit." smile.gif smile.gif smile.gif

from http://www.popmatters.com/music/interviews...go-051019.shtml
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 12 2007, 06:50 AM)
    There's more Grammy (and London Koko) photos at Film Magic.

http://www.filmmagic.com/SearchResult.aspx...o%22&sfld=C

FilmMagic question: does anybody know how to register? When I hit "Register," I just get an email address/comment form. I tried that a couple weeks ago, asking to register/how to do so, and I never got a reply. I'm just asking because when I click on the thumbs to get to the bigger pics, I get a pop-up telling me I have to log in to do that. Do you guys get that too? Or is this another case of my browser settings being weird, like it was with Getty Images?

Thanky for any help.
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 14 2007, 05:35 PM)

Does anyone who saved this for posterity know if it's the AP one? smile.gif Sorry, got a little disorganized with this stuff, and nothing's up over at the New York Times site anymore, but I have an AP one that looks like it might be this, judging by the picture. Thanks.
  • http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XbjgJjMDKtQ&NR=1

It's totally ancient, but I've never seen it before and thought you guys might not have either.
  • Great find, Rachel. Considering the interview footage of Damian they used, I kept waiting for the "old lady" impersonation. I love when he does that voice!