In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• I'm so happy for Ok Go!!! I'll try to congratulate them next weekend when I'm seeing them live over here tongue.gif. I don't really like the brocate paisley suits though. (jedie_grrlie, when I first saw the pic you posted I thought that they had replaced Andy with Robin Williams for the photo, LOL...)
  • I don't get it, were they on the actual GRAMMY'S, or not? What's this about a pre-show? But they won, and that's friggen incredible.. So somebody answer me. I'm having trouble here.
  • they won before the actuall show... but they also walked the red carpet.
  • I don't know if this has been asked before, but is there absolutely no video of the actual award being presented and accepted?
  • Does anybody have/could anyone make a screenshot of their mention during the award broadcast? I didn't get it taped. :/
  • Today, I went around the whole school having a one-person party that I wasn't allowed to have at home in celebration of OK Go's Grammy. And people looked at me like it's something wrong to love someone that much. That's because all they love is their daddy's money. mad.gif

I was so happy for OK Go that you could've come up to me and murmured, "I killed OK Go," and I would've still given you a hug and "party favors." Then I'd come back tomorrow and jump you. biggrin.gif

But really, is there no video at all of the award? Does anyone at least know who they thanked?
  • Um..did that make anyone else a little teary-eyed? happy.gif
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 12 2007, 05:18 PM)
    Um..did that make anyone else a little teary-eyed? happy.gif

Actually, yes. When I found out. I was crying, but it looked like I was yawning or else my dad would've done something very mean to me. And thank you uber mucho...!
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 12 2007, 06:10 PM)
    Today, I went around the whole school having a one-person party that I wasn't allowed to have at home in celebration of OK Go's Grammy. And people looked at me like it's something wrong to love someone that much. That's because all they love is their daddy's money. mad.gif

I was so happy for OK Go that you could've come up to me and murmured, "I killed OK Go," and I would've still given you a hug and "party favors." Then I'd come back tomorrow and jump you. biggrin.gif

But really, is there no video at all of the award? Does anyone at least know who they thanked?

why couldn't you have a celebration at home?
  • QUOTE (awesome11 @ Feb 12 2007, 05:21 PM)
    why couldn't you have a celebration at home?

My dad...he's never gotten mad at me before for being extremely happy and shriek-y, but I know if I ever had, he would get so angry and weirded out and his view of me would go down...which is why I've never been extremely happy verbally...just inside...
  • Yay, Damian's considerate. I hate it when people talk really loud on their cellphones in airports. tongue.gif
  • QUOTE (Claret @ Feb 12 2007, 05:38 PM)
    Yay, Damian's considerate. I hate it when people talk really loud on their cellphones in airports. tongue.gif

True dat, my home skittle.
  • That video is funny. "We're dressed as us.... in the future." They succeeded in confusing the host, excellent.
    I am so sad I missed that on TV.

ooooh I'm so happy for them!!!!!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 12 2007, 06:18 PM)
    Um..did that make anyone else a little teary-eyed? happy.gif

Yes. That was so so sweet. Very heartfelt. We love you OK Go!!!
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 12 2007, 06:25 PM)
    My dad...he's never gotten mad at me before for being extremely happy and shriek-y, but I know if I ever had, he would get so angry and weirded out and his view of me would go down...which is why I've never been extremely happy verbally...just inside...

o i'm sorry sad.gif why would he not want you to be happy????
  • QUOTE (awesome11 @ Feb 12 2007, 06:01 PM)
    o i'm sorry sad.gif why would he not want you to be happy????

I don't think he wouldn't want me to be happy...I think...I don't know how to explain it, but my daddy always expects us to be quiet - witty, yes, but quiet. Whenever we make too loud of a noise, he'll get this mask of disapproval on and maybe even go, "Tsk, tsk." and believe me, I would've made a VERY loud racket.

And I don't even think my parents know how much I love OK Go, or that I love them at all...my mom thinks I spend all my time on bored.com. huh.gif
  • Thankyee Mixtape for the audioblog! Whoop.

Happy Jesus, internally I just had a TOTAL collision of happiness, peace, and quite possibly confusion because I can't and very much wish I could comprehend what exactly everyone is feeling in that band, plus Trish. Er, I guess you could consider Trish part of the band? Kinda like how you consider Mr. Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore part of the band. I Eh No. All I do know is that if I was on the other end of that phoneline I'd say, "And we thank you for being so damn hot." PURPOSEFULLY doing a play on their lyrics, yes?

And the one part that made me giggle (a very blubbery incoherent one, unnoticeable under the massive over-load of tears I was having) was, "...And thank you Andy for not being an asshole..."

OK Go. Keep on rockin our knickers off. YEAH.
  • Thanks, Kay! So sweet.