In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• ooo! Damian, we love you! Tim, we love you! Dan, we love you! Rusty, we love you! Ok Go, we love you!!
    aaa, I'm crying....they're so wonderful...they really are...

and I found another video to add to the pile- Ok Go talking about their speech (sort of, it's mostly their shock)-
    grammy.com appearantly added to their site overnighte, so now there are 2 OK Go videos there instead of 1

http://www.grammy.com/GRAMMY_Awards/49th_Show/
    click on "Ok Go and John Legend"
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 12 2007, 07:50 PM)
    ooo! Damian, we love you! Tim, we love you! Dan, we love you! Rusty, we love you! Ok Go, we love you!!
    aaa, I'm crying....they're so wonderful...they really are...

and I found another video to add to the pile- Ok Go talking about their speech (sort of, it's mostly their shock)-
    grammy.com appearantly added to their site overnighte, so now there are 2 OK Go videos there instead of 1

ANDYYYY!!!!!!!!! Why must they cut him out??!?
  • QUOTE (ihave7stars @ Feb 12 2007, 10:50 PM)
    I don't know why, but everytime I see this picture, I can't help but hear the Wicked Witch of the West's voice and imagining Damian cackling "Ahahaha, we're taking over the music industry now! Just try and stay out of our way. Just try!" while Trish rubs her hands in an evil way, plotting their next world domination video.
    I thought the exact same thing the first time I saw it. The EXACT same thing. laugh.gif They look so evil.
  • QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 12 2007, 07:54 PM)

I think they still consider him new to the band, therefore, he's not allowed to be on camera. Do you know if he's finally allowed to look them in the eye?
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 12 2007, 08:02 PM)
    I think they still consider him new to the band, therefore, he's not allowed to be on camera. Do you know if he's finally allowed to look them in the eye?

I think they recently did. Maybe in another month he will be allowed in the interviews.
  • QUOTE (ytel82 @ Feb 12 2007, 08:02 PM)

Last I heard he still isn't allowed to eat at the same table as they do, let alone look them in the eye!
  • QUOTE (DJRose @ Feb 12 2007, 10:46 PM)
    I hope that no matter how big they get, they'll still remember us little ones who brought brownies, or yelled stupid lines from other songs at them during their own songs, bid on an inflatable reindeer or a tie, or just waited by the stage door for hours hoping for a picture. So far they haven't disappointed!!!!

Here, here!

(I'm getting all sentimental now.....)
  • Okay, and um... did anyone else giggle when they saw Trish was wearing a paisley dress? happy.gif
  • QUOTE (Tabetha @ Feb 12 2007, 07:50 PM)

AH! I love the little thing Damian does when he was like "it happened very fast!"
  • Did Damian and Andy have shit between them? Why did Damian call Andy an asshole in his speech? I'm confused and torn!
  • QUOTE (mmmary @ Feb 12 2007, 08:38 PM)
    AH! I love the little thing Damian does when he was like "it happened very fast!"

I love that Dan spoke! He sounded shocked and excited! Now all we need is to hear from Andy sad.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 12 2007, 11:46 PM)
    Did Damian and Andy have shit between them? Why did Damian call Andy an asshole in his speech? I'm confused and torn!

He was kidding around. "thanks for not being an asshole" really means "you're awesome"
  • How do you know for sure? I would think that Damian would say something slightly nicer sad.gif Since they won! Everybody else had nice things said. sad.gif
  • QUOTE (barbaratheninja @ Feb 12 2007, 08:57 PM)
    How do you know for sure? I would think that Damian would say something slightly nicer sad.gif Since they won! Everybody else had nice things said. sad.gif

I think he's being misquoted. He said "thanks...for NOT being an asshole."

One could guess all day long what inspired him to say that. My guess is that he was reflecting on they first invited Andy to join the band - he was a stranger who tried out, not a known friend or quantity. Damian has said many other times how extraordinarily well Andy fits in, so I think this is more of the same. It just is easy to misinterpret (based on the linguistic concept that a negative actually plants the idea it is trying to refute...so he said "NOT...an asshole" and what the mind registers is "asshole").
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 12 2007, 11:13 PM)

Thank you; that was excellent! Damian really knows how to reach his fans. An audio blog. Cool. Do other entertainers do this? (I'm so out of touch.)
  • I just got home from work a couple of hours ago and added a few more pics from the Grammys, post show stuff and pre show stuff as well. Lots of really cute pics of Trish posted up there!!okgoweb
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 13 2007, 12:21 AM)
    I just got home from work a couple of hours ago and added a few more pics from the Grammys, post show stuff and pre show stuff as well. Lots of really cute pics of Trish posted up there!!okgoweb

Adrienne those new pictures are adorable!!! Thanks for posting!!!
  • QUOTE (bakersfield Fan @ Feb 13 2007, 12:21 AM)
    I just got home from work a couple of hours ago and added a few more pics from the Grammys, post show stuff and pre show stuff as well. Lots of really cute pics of Trish posted up there!!okgoweb

whoah-those are cool! thanks! if you don't mind me asking, where do you get these photos for your site? they're so nice!
  • I have a connection at wireimage that gives me exclusive rights aslong as I watermark them.
  • QUOTE (dietpepsidrunk @ Feb 12 2007, 05:40 AM) index.php?act=findpost&pid=98563
    How do I sign up for this newsletter? Is it the one from the website where you have to enter your e-mail address? I must have entered my e-mail address half a dozen times over the past few months but have never received anything and missed out on this latest missive. sad.gif

I do not receive anything either. What's going on Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore?!?! Are we not good enough for your newsletter??

QUOTE (Angela87 @ Feb 12 2007, 07:54 PM)

They seem to be doing that a lot lately. wink.gif Pooooor Andy! sad.gif