In this Discussion

GRAMMY NOMINIATION!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Damian would flip out because Prince is his favourite singer and Purple Rain is his favourite album.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 11 2007, 09:47 PM)
    Damian would flip out because Prince is his favourite singer and Purple Rain is his favourite album.

thanks!!
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 11 2007, 09:47 PM)
    Damian would flip out because Prince is his favourite singer and Purple Rain is his favourite album.

really! thats awesome

ya when i watching the show thing i was wondering why they just all layed down. it was so weird but crazy
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Feb 11 2007, 06:00 PM)

thanks, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore!!!
    ooooo, this is so awesome!
  • Are those suits for their new video? Supposedly they will all match the wallpaper in the vid.
  • QUOTE (oknat @ Feb 11 2007, 09:41 PM)
    These are hilarious!

OMG laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
  • thanks oknat for the pics!

ooomg, I am so proud of them! They really deserve this so much. And their DWYW clothes- that is so awesomly Ok Go.
    I wonder what they're doing now- having a great, big celebration.
    And eeee, I hope this means headlining from now on.

Damian, Tim. Dan, Rusty, Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore and the whole team- you're the best!!!

ooo, we should all here clink glasses. cheers for our boys!
  • QUOTE (Brunonianne @ Feb 11 2007, 11:13 PM)
    Are those suits for their new video? Supposedly they will all match the wallpaper in the vid.

Yep.
  • Curse double posts!
  • AHHHHHHHHHH! I'm so excieted! I got a call from my trusty Angela while I was at work to tell me that OK GO won, I was so exited! I shouted, "They won?!?!?! OMG YAAAAAAAAAAAAY!" And then proceeded to tell everyone I work with about OK Go winning. They weren't as excited as I, but they - after much forcing - pretended to at least be mildly thrilled.

Then I got home and told my parents, to which my dad lamely said, "In what category, 'gayest band in the world'? Hahahahah" It's cute how he still tries to resist his love for them.

Basically I'M SO FUCKING HAPPY! This has so made my bleh day AOKDMFOAIHGAJERKLJADJ!!!!11111
  • 45 minutes ago by the AP:
    titled, "Ok GO GETS INSPIRATION FROM THEIR COUCH"

OS ANGELES (AP) — Rock band OK Go knows how to make a red-carpet statement: Take inspiration from upholstery.
    ADVERTISEMENT

The foursome wore matching burgundy-and-gold paisley suits topped with burqa-like face-covering headpieces as they arrived at the
    Grammys on Sunday.

"It was inspired by our couch," said lead singer Damian Kulash. "It's upholstery material. It's inside-out, though. It's slightly less gaudy on the other side."

The band will wear the suits in their new video, Kulash said. On Sunday, they won a Grammy for their short-form video, "Here It Goes Again," which they made for less than $5,000 and posted on YouTube.

"The fact that we could make a video for one-one-thousandth of the budget of a major label video and now to win a Grammy ... it kind of makes you feel good about the world."

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070212/ap_en_ce/grammys_ok_go
  • QUOTE (Mr. Mr. Mr. Jorge, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore, Whom I Adore @ Feb 11 2007, 03:00 PM)

ah ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!

My faith in truth and beauty and justice in the world has been restored.

In my heart of hearts I knew they deserved to win but it's so much better that they actually DID!

YAY!
  • Dear OK Go and Trish,
    I AM SO HAPPY FOR YOU!
    You guys absolutely deserved it. Congratulations.

Love,
    Julia
  • Whoooo, it's over! Now it's time for some post-awards interviews! BRING IT ONNNN, E!.

And the afterparties. The glorious afterparties. Which I will not be attending. This year.

edit: another Girls Next Door episode? E!, I know you like to cater to my tastes, but I've seen this episode and want to see OK Go interviews. What's up, E!, what are you thinking!? Cut to the red carpet aftershow already.
  • OMG!!!
    did they already come out on the grammys?!?!?!
    im on the west coast, and i just got home, does anybody know if they already gave their speech???
  • QUOTE (Vinca15 @ Feb 12 2007, 12:38 AM)
    OMG!!!
    did they already come out on the grammys?!?!?!
    im on the west coast, and i just got home, does anybody know if they already gave their speech???

They weren't on the Grammys, they got the award at the pre-show. We saw them on the red carpet and their name was at the bottom of the screen during the show, but that's all.

I was hoping they'd do some interviews post-show, but apparently, they're not. sad.gif
  • Well, I recorded it really quick. It's not the best quality and it needs editing since I did it in 2 seconds, but I was paranoid that tomorrow it would be gone, so here's their interview on the carpet to keep

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7WUJY5W4
  • GAAAAAAH!!!!!

I saw the Myspace bulletin that was posted and literally SCREAMED. My roommate thought something was wrong with me.

But I'm so happy for them! OK Go definitely deserved it.

One question, why did they go "incognito"? I could definitely tell it was them . . . anyone could . . . I think.
  • It was to promote the new video, basically. Well, and confuse people.
  • Love the video. And the suits. OK Go love to confuse people, don't they?
    Guys, I know you like paisely, but I think it's getting a little out of hand. laugh.gif