In this Discussion

Phrases you can say to anger Damian...

Comments

• QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 7 2006, 02:24 AM)
    Thanks for that link smile.gif

I don't want to seem like a stupid little girly teeny bopper fan. I want people to take me more seriously, but because I'm only 16, it's kinda like "Nope, you're just a little girl screaming fan". I hope when I meet OK Go I don't seem all skippy overly happy crazy fan girlish. I'm gonna be so freaking excited, but I don't want to look stupid. That's hard for me to do.

ya i feel the same way. like i'm 16 also, and everyone thinks that the "younger" fans are just little teeny boppers and you don't get taken seriously. like i'm not one of the people that like go to a concert and start screaming like a little girl. ya and i don't want to seem like a little crazy teen girl that loves ok go and is like really weird and stuff. ya know haha we can just try to act semi-normal, while also taking in the awesomeness of ok go!
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 7 2006, 04:14 AM)
    Oooh man. I hear that. It's 6:15Am here and I just started this 6-8 page paper. Hah. I'm already having trouble focusing my eyes >.< Ow.
    Woo! I was an alto in my choir, too. Isn't it annoying getting the crappy parts of songs 95% of the time? Damn sapranos laugh.gif And yeah - I had a brief stint at this local college's radio station - when I listened to tapes of myself, I sounded totally manly XD Come to think of it, I mumble a lot, too...

<rant> I'm a first soprano, and personally, I generally like the second soprano parts of songs, particularly songs which weren't originally written as choral songs, because the melody is too predictable, everyone knows where you're going with it, and sometimes (when caroling) the people you're caroling to sing along, and when they do, 90% of the time it's the first soprano part they choose to sing along with, whether their voice actually fits the part or not. Basically I wanted to be a second soprano, and my choir director said no. </rant>
  • QUOTE (hyannah77 @ Dec 7 2006, 08:52 PM)
    <rant> I'm a first soprano, and personally, I generally like the second soprano parts of songs, particularly songs which weren't originally written as choral songs, because the melody is too predictable, everyone knows where you're going with it, and sometimes (when caroling) the people you're caroling to sing along, and when they do, 90% of the time it's the first soprano part they choose to sing along with, whether their voice actually fits the part or not. Basically I wanted to be a second soprano, and my choir director said no. </rant>

Oh! I agree with the caroling part! Definitely... And that blows! I'm sorry your director is a jerkace sad.gif Yeah, going along with what you were saying, I took for granted the fact that as an alto at least we got to learn something new and different, which was refreshing. I think you're the first cool soprano I've ever come across laugh.gif In my chorus most of the sopranos were so prissy and arrogant - I don't know, it was strange XD We, the boardies, should start our own choir honoring OK Go!! Hah.
  • QUOTE (Ushies @ Dec 7 2006, 02:24 AM)
    Thanks for that link smile.gif

I don't want to seem like a stupid little girly teeny bopper fan. I want people to take me more seriously, but because I'm only 16, it's kinda like "Nope, you're just a little girl screaming fan". I hope when I meet OK Go I don't seem all skippy overly happy crazy fan girlish. I'm gonna be so freaking excited, but I don't want to look stupid. That's hard for me to do. And when I scream at concerts it's high. I tried to record some songs on my phone from The Fray and you hear me screaming at one point at the start of a song and it hurts your ears. I wouldn't have been screaming as loud if I had been right in front of the stage, but still. It's an annoying scream tongue.gif Normally I'm a mumbler. People get after me because I talk low and quiet so that my words mush together. My friends know what I'm saying, but everone else is always like "... What?" So I need to work on my elocution so I don't look like a total ass in front of OK Go when I'm standing there looking at their chests because I'll be too nervous to look at their faces or in the eye and I'll be like soumyeahyourockandheresacakeImadeyouandsomecaricatures and they'll just be standing there smiling and nodding along pretending that they can hear me. And of course I wont know whether or not I'm mumbling because I'm getting there at least 5 hours early to ensure I'll be front and center so I know I wont be able to hear much. Only draw back there. I hope Dan could understand me last time. He seemed to kind of. That, or he's a fab drummer and a wonderful actor as well. Or he can read lips...
    I feel your pain! I've only just turned 16 and it's really hard to be taken seriously. Especially since I'm puny and have a very soft, high voice. tongue.gif I look like a kid.
    With any luck, I'll be going to see the boys in March at the Ricoh Coliseum in Toronto. It'll be my first OK Go concert ever. My first -concert- ever. blink.gif I'm really excited. I want to get a hug from each of them, but I'm not getting my hopes up. They're in grammy land! They're too far above me now...woe is me.
  • QUOTE (nati_face @ Dec 8 2006, 02:53 AM)
    Oh! I agree with the caroling part! Definitely... And that blows! I'm sorry your director is a jerkace sad.gif Yeah, going along with what you were saying, I took for granted the fact that as an alto at least we got to learn something new and different, which was refreshing. I think you're the first cool soprano I've ever come across laugh.gif In my chorus most of the sopranos were so prissy and arrogant - I don't know, it was strange XD We, the boardies, should start our own choir honoring OK Go!! Hah.

A lot of the first sopranos in my choir have huges egos, but two of them are really nice and both of them are my friends. Our choir is really uneven because there's too many sopranos.
  • Oooh Oooh I'm a soprano!!!! Now that I'm a grown-up and I don't go to school anymore, I sing with the Rainbow Chorale of Delaware - we're an LGBT choir. I'm straight and married, but I joined because - get this - THEY NEEDED Sopranos!!!!!!!! NO ONE *needs* sopranos. It was the first and only time I'd ever seen it, so I joined and I love them. We've got our December concert next weekend.

Wow, I love how we've totally gotten off the topic of this thread. :-)
  • QUOTE (ezorvera @ Dec 9 2006, 02:15 AM)
    A lot of the first sopranos in my choir have huges egos, but two of them are really nice and both of them are my friends. Our choir is really uneven because there's too many sopranos.

Yeah! That's exactly how it was with me. There were definitely a few genuinely nice gals in the soprano section, so I shouldn't make any blanket statements... But like you said, oi, the vast majority of inflated ego and 'tude came from a handful of sopranos rolleyes.gif Oh, the poor alto section, always scantily represented. My director had to move some people to alto to try and even things out a bit >.<

QUOTE (DJRose @ Dec 9 2006, 03:54 PM)
    Oooh Oooh I'm a soprano!!!! Now that I'm a grown-up and I don't go to school anymore, I sing with the Rainbow Chorale of Delaware - we're an LGBT choir. I'm straight and married, but I joined because - get this - THEY NEEDED Sopranos!!!!!!!! NO ONE *needs* sopranos. It was the first and only time I'd ever seen it, so I joined and I love them. We've got our December concert next weekend.

Wow, I love how we've totally gotten off the topic of this thread. :-)

Ooooh!! That's really cool that you're straight and married but with an LGBT choir ^__^ I end up in similar situations, too biggrin.gif For some reason I find it so refreshing to hear about stuff like that... Neato! And holy wow. I can't believe that were in need of sopranos!! That is, as you said, unheard of XD Well good for you for joining and all. And good luck at your concert! I hope it goes fantastically well. Aww, now I wanna go to a Christmas concert laugh.gif

I suck at staying on topic. Hardy har har >:]
  • I will attempt to get this thread slightly back on topic.

I don't know what to shout at Damian to get him pissed but at the concert I went to someone threw his mugshot on stage and I think it kind of disturbed him. He said, "I don't know whether to think this is funny or to be afraid that you found this." But then he taped it to his mic stand, so I don't think it disturbed him too much.

You could also try to throw his almost naked photo on stage, see how he reacts to that.
  • QUOTE (kaydragon @ Feb 26 2007, 09:43 PM)
    You could also try to throw his almost naked photo on stage, see how he reacts to that.

Ha ha ha! Oh man I want to do that!

Um... try yelling "FUGAZI SUCKS!"
  • I don't think he'll have a problem with the nudey naked pic:

• thanks for reminding me of this thread, kaydragon.

BTW, is it like a running joke to yell out and request "Cinnamon Lips" at a show? In my early fandom, I heard this twice in like two weeks, and I thought there must be something to it - even beyond the running joke that they famously don't take requests because "we're not monkeys." Anyone?
  • HAAA!

When was this?!

Oh, btw I like your status now Courtney. laugh.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 26 2007, 10:04 PM)
    I don't think he'll have a problem with the nudey naked pic:

*choke!*
    No f***ing way. Where did you find that? (Oh, Flickr, I see)
  • ^ It's been on the JC a few times. And I do go there sometimes. smile.gif

I think it makes a bold statement that says, "I took it once before, what the heck. I'll take it again." Because if you were bold enough to do it once, you can probably do it again.
  • That was taken at a Jane magazine party (his nudey picture was part of a Jane feature), and the staff pretty much made him pose with it.

Just so no one thinks he carries it around with him, haha.
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 26 2007, 09:17 PM)

Haha. I didn't, but I do now...JK
  • QUOTE (mixtape @ Feb 26 2007, 10:17 PM)
    That was taken at a Jane magazine party (his nudey picture was part of a Jane feature), and the staff pretty much made him pose with it.

Okay, that's a relief! *heart attack avoided*
  • QUOTE (hyoi @ Dec 9 2006, 02:55 AM)
    I feel your pain! I've only just turned 16 and it's really hard to be taken seriously. Especially since I'm puny and have a very soft, high voice. tongue.gif I look like a kid.

Psh. Try being 14! My first concert was Green Day when I was 12 and as soon as I uttered my age everbody around me just started laughing quietly to themselves. sad.gif I may be young, but I like to think of myself as a cranky old lady in fandom years. rolleyes.gif
  • QUOTE (Courtneytastic @ Feb 27 2007, 03:04 AM)
    I don't think he'll have a problem with the nudey naked pic:

OMG!how narcissistic of him!!

LOL
    When was that photo taken?
  • I have no clues what to say to Damian, but did anyone go to the Glass House concert last year in November? Apparently some girl was yelling at him and they pulled her up on stage. She got up on the speakers and danced while they danced AMW. Sorry if this was mentioned before, just thought I'd let you know. My pics were all blurry that night but here is a decent one (she's on the left). Oh btw, if the girl that is in question on the board, we'd all like to know what you said to Damian. smile.gif

Edit- All I know is that Damian kept saying, "I'm not your fu*king monkey!!"